The Magic Carpet ride is over

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

Re: The Magic Carpet ride is over

The Pats always don't have talent. I am kind of glad that Gronk is hurt because the team will not rely on one person on  the field. Brady is getting back to the 2001-2006 Brady.  The defense needs to be constistent. They did fix the run defense.

Magic carpet is still there. It won't be over when all the magic gone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to Cloudyandrain's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Pats always don't have talent. I am kind of glad that Gronk is hurt because the team will not rely on one person on  the field. Brady is getting back to the 2001-2006 Brady.  The defense needs to be constistent. They did fix the run defense.

[/QUOTE]

Can't agree with this at all. The Pats are a great offense with Gronk and can withstand some subpar defense. Without Gronk they were pitiful at times earlier this year. I just hope Vereen can play almost every down from here on out. Gronk's injury the last two years certainly did not help much in the playoffs. Don't forget they played a bunch of games without him last year also. They have now lost 3 of their 4 best players in my opinion and Talib (their 5th best imo) has already been hurt twice this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stop talking nonsense. We aren't doomed. This is still a good team and always will be with Brady at QB and BB coaching.

We still have a shot.

[/QUOTE]

But our D sucks rotten eggs.

[/QUOTE]

Jets D?

[/QUOTE]

+1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Cloudyandrain's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can't agree with this at all. The Pats are a great offense with Gronk and can withstand some subpar defense. Without Gronk they were pitiful at times earlier this year. I just hope Vereen can play almost every down from here on out. Gronk's injury the last two years certainly did not help much in the playoffs. Don't forget they played a bunch of games without him last year also. They have now lost 3 of their 4 best players in my opinion and Talib (their 5th best imo) has already been hurt twice this year.

[/QUOTE]

Ugh. yeah. you have a point. I think Vereen can help Brady out but still you are right about the earlier of the season.

Is Thomspon  or Dobson injuries  serious? Brady needs some help.

The defense needs to get to together and the pats has to figure out to score in the first half.  It is forming a serious pattern which concerns me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Let's make a couple of things clear. I do not think anyone is saying the Pats, with the current injuries, is the best team on paper. But there are several peolpe here who have given up. You know who you are. And you are likely one of those who gave up when we were down 24-0. I don't mean that I would have wanted to bet on the Pats when it was 24-0. But you do not give up. And this team has the players and the coaches to pull games out even when mere mortals cannot. So no, many did not give up. Nor the next week. ANd when the Pats gave up that last Cleveland score I said it was a long shot but there was still a way. Did you? Were you one of those now saying they have lost before it is over? What do you say about the Denver game? About today's game? When did you give up? But most important - the players and coaches did not give up and they did what YOU said they could not. THey did the near impossible. And you sit there and say IT IS OVER.... Ha!

What did you have to say about that first BB SB win? You never gave em a chance to get to the playoffs did you? You never game em a chance against The Greatest SHow On Turf did you? ANd here you are again... 

It is easy to recognize that this wont be easy and the odds are not in our favor. But there still are not too many teams with odds any better. 

Some bring up the weakness of the D. Yes the injuries are big and clearly have an impact. But we beat DENVER with this D. Even after giving them 24 points. We beat Houston with this D. And lets talk about the D. The secondary is better than last year. The pass rush is better than last year. ANd we ALL know how long we were crying for a better pass rush. Not saying it is great but it is a heck of a lot better than it was. Moreover it is possible to scheme to shut down the run but it is not as easy to shut down the pass through scheme.

Now we have a few young guys - rookies and 2nd year players - on D and they are playing. I speak especially of some key players in the secondary and at linebacker. Guys who might be bigger names before they are done. 

And we have three rookie WRs plus Julian who is playing better and better (a drop or two notwithstanding). Danny is healthy enough to play and to come up with some big catches. Vereen is looking like a reincarnation of Lenny Moore (look him up if you dont know him). Ridley is a very good runner (when he holds on to the ball - so yes we will need him to go the distance)... Blount keeps giving several good and important runs a game. Brady becomes DEADLY.... 

The D wil have to step up. The O line will have to step up. EVERYONE will have to step up. But that is the mark of a champion anyway.

You say it is over just shows you are a fantasy football fan. Football - I mean the type where real people put on the pads and take the field - is all about stepping up and doing it no matter what fair weather fans are saying. It is not about the consensus team on paper. It is only about what they do ON THE FIELD.

Take you fantasy football and your paper lists and rankings and put em where the sun dont shine. 

This team is 10-3. It has a shot at a bye week in the playoffs. It even has a shot at home field advantage. With or without it all this team is one of the guttiest teams in the league. They deserve whatever they can earn. Those saying IT IS OVER should not be allowed to watch THIS team again. Dont show up in Foxboro - you are not wanted there. Dont watch on TV - you dont deserve this team. Its ok to know the odds are hard. It is NOT OK to just give up. PERIOD. 

One last word for you cowards - if you want a sure thing become a Jets fan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

A word about how the O played BEFORE Gronk came back - 

We were working in THREE rookie WRs and were without our most dangerous and best receiving back (except for the first game). Plus we were working in Danny who also missed a fair number of games. SO OF COURSE THE O PLAYED WORSE.

BUT NOW --- our rookies have had a preseason and 13 games and all those practices to learn the system, learn the NFL and learn what TB expects. Every game is another 7 days of getting better. And better. And better. These are the guys you will be lauding in 1 or 2 years as being The Next Generation.

so   YES YES, Gronk IS the most important player after Brady. But there are not one, not two, not three, but a BUNCH of guys who can have big plays and big games catching or running. Even without Gronk.

And stop being losers till you have lost. And then you can at least lose a game without losing your soul.

INSTEAD OF GIVING UP TRY READING HENRY V.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Lets be objective here.

How many people last year thought the Texans and Falcons were frauds because they won some tight games against so-so opponents?

If that's so, and you're being objective, then you would have to believe the Pats are frauds.

Pats are situated no better than either of those teams from last year. One got blown out in the playoffs, one very easily could have ended up in the SB...Neither result would surprise me for the pats.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Do not worry.  Crusty says we have the best GM ever and the Coach of the year so we will still win the SB with a bunch of midgets who cant catch and without The Gronk.  

Still riding magic carpet here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lets be objective here.

How many people last year thought the Texans and Falcons were frauds because they won some tight games against so-so opponents?

If that's so, and you're being objective, then you would have to believe the Pats are frauds.

Pats are situated no better than either of those teams from last year. One got blown out in the playoffs, one very easily could have ended up in the SB...Neither result would surprise me for the pats.

[/QUOTE]

You are a fantasy football fan. FOr you it is all about name recognition and headline fantasy numbers. For you it means more to catch more passes or have more TDs or yards. Actually winning does not count for so much.

The truth is... if we ARE going to be objective, is that tough matters. Is that heart matters. Is that TEAM is more than the sum of its parts. Houston in any year was never able to do waht the Pats did this year. Nor Atlanta. Neither did waht the Pats did v Devner. Because they are not the team this team is. Neither did what the Pats did v Cleveland. Because they are not the Pats.

When the Pats lost Brady for the entire 2008 season they went 11-5. 11 and 5!

This Pats team has toughness and class and never gives up. And actually DOES come back. 

The Pats have had LOTS of people out... Gronk missed lots of games. Hern is in jail where he seems to belong. Vinny lost for the year. Mayo gone. Kelly gone. Amendola has missed a bunch. Vollmer gone... Vereen missed half the season.

Heck, you could say we lost Hern, Gronk and Welker PLUS Vinny , Kelly and Mayo and Vollmer and Vereen for half a season. AND THE PATS ARE 10-3. TEN and three. What is Houston., What is Atlanta.

Bring it on. The Pats have lost as much talent if not more than those teams. No shame if they do not go dep into the playoffs but if there is just ONE team in this league I would not count out it would be the Pats. IN FACT - I would say the Pats are the only team in  the league that could go this far with this much adversity. I would say they are the only team that could still ahve a shot at the SB with this much adversity.

They still got a chance. You keep betting against them. You have been proven wrong in huge way s the last 3 games and the last 14. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lets be objective here.

[/QUOTE]

You are a fantasy football fan. FOr you it is all about name recognition and headline fantasy numbers. For you it means more to catch more passes or have more TDs or yards. Actually winning does not count for so much.

The truth is... if we ARE going to be objective, is that tough matters. Is that heart matters. Is that TEAM is more than the sum of its parts. Houston in any year was never able to do waht the Pats did this year. Nor Atlanta. Neither did waht the Pats did v Devner. Because they are not the team this team is. Neither did what the Pats did v Cleveland. Because they are not the Pats.

This Pats team has toughness and class and never gives up. And actually DOES come back. 

The Pats have had LOTS of people out... Gronk missed lots of games. Hern is in jail where he seems to belong. Vinny lost for the year. Mayo gone. Kelly gone. Amendola has missed a bunch. Vollmer gone... Vereen missed half the season.

Heck, you could say we lost Hern, Gronk and Welker PLUS Vinny , Kelly and Mayo and Vollmer and Vereen for half a season. AND THE PATS ARE 10-3. TEN and three. What is Houston., What is Atlanta.

Bring it on. The Pats have lost as much talent if not more than those teams. No shame if they do not go dep into the playoffs but if there is just ONE team in this league I would not count out it would be the Pats. IN FACT - I would say the Pats are the only team in  the league that could go this far with this much adversity. I would say they are the only team that could still ahve a shot at the SB with this much adversity.

They still got a chance. You keep betting against them. You have been proven wrong in huge way s the last 3 games and the last 14. 

[/QUOTE]

First of all...No idea what half of what you said came from.

Falcons had an improbable win against the Panthers last season. Beat the Cardinals even after Ryan threw 5 picks. Look at their games last season, a ton of 4 quarter comebacks.

Also, with your adversity post...Ravens last season? Ton of injuries too, were literally a 4th and 30 yrd play from losing the division/ not making the playoffs at all. Then in the playoffs, a Flacco hail Mary from being eliminated. 

Of all the posts on this thread, yours was the least objective. And your fantasy comment was just random

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lets be objective here.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Falcons had an improbable win against the Panthers last season. Beat the Cardinals even after Ryan threw 5 picks. Look at their games last season, a ton of 4 quarter comebacks.

Also, with your adversity post...Ravens last season? Ton of injuries too, were literally a 4th and 30 yrd play from losing the division/ not making the playoffs at all. Then in the playoffs, a Flacco hail Mary from being eliminated. 

Of all the posts on this thread, yours was the least objective. And your fantasy comment was just random

[/QUOTE]

My comments were directed at your characterization of the Pats being frauds. If a team makes one single impressive comback then you might think they have not really proven themselves. But the Pats had a wild comback late last year agasint the team everyone was saying would win it all - the 49ers. They had that historic comeback agasint the team many are saying is the team to beat this year withh Manning. And tehn the finish today.

ANd there is a lot more reason why I say that this team is NOTHING like Atlanta or Houston. We are not about to fire our coach are we. Wonder why? And Atlanta.... no one has ever confused the Falcons with the Pats. 

I dont think you can make a legitimate case that the Pats are frauds. A lot of important injuries yes. But with them they are 10-3 whereas the Falcons and Texans are big time losers. World of difference.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lets be objective here.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My comments were directed at your characterization of the Pats being frauds. If a team makes one single impressive comback then you might think they have not really proven themselves. But the Pats had a wild comback late last year agasint the team everyone was saying would win it all - the 49ers. They had that historic comeback agasint the team many are saying is the team to beat this year withh Manning. And tehn the finish today.

ANd there is a lot more reason why I say that this team is NOTHING like Atlanta or Houston. We are not about to fire our coach are we. Wonder why? And Atlanta.... no one has ever confused the Falcons with the Pats. 

I dont think you can make a legitimate case that the Pats are frauds. A lot of important injuries yes. But with them they are 10-3 whereas the Falcons and Texans are big time losers. World of difference.

[/QUOTE]

When did I say the Pats were frauds? Read my comment again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lets be objective here.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When did I say the Pats were frauds? Read my comment again.

[/QUOTE]

OK... I must have been too tired. I thought you were saying they were the equals of Houston or Atlanta. My bad.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Ok so stop posting here if you think it's over.  The rest of us will be celebrating in February.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

This team has more grit than Rex' wifes toejam. I will never throw in the towel and esp. not with THIS team

With that being said...the Gronk injury took a big wind out our sail and was rather deflating BUT it DID spark the D to play a little nastier. Maybe they take that attitude going forward and maybe the Pats coaches realize the need to play more agressive now and that is enough to pick up the slack the offense will have or maybe now the complimentary peices of KT/Dobson will be featured again like earlier in the year but they are more prepared now. OR MAYBE, another Top team incurs a major Injury. Too many variables and too much time. We Aint Dead yet!

Sections
Shortcuts