THE MASTER TO CANTON!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: THE MASTER TO CANTON!

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to sporter81's comment:

Thats good, Parcells should be there. He was a great coach.

Yep. Great coach and coach only.  Wasn't a good coordinator or GM.

wrong

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Umm, so did Lombardi with Starr.  Every great QB has a great coach and vice versa.

You mean like Young had Seifert, Favre had Holmgren, Manning had Dungy, Tarkenton had Grant and Moon had Glanville junior? Learn the game.

Umm, what?  None of those coaches are on a top 10 list discussion.

Of course a good or solid coach can be on the receiving end of riding coat tails. Are you claiming BB wasn't a great defensive minded coach before becoming a head coach?

BB drafted Brady, BB made the decision to choose Brady over Bledsoe. He's the guy who coaches all these players up. 

Your're a joke for doing what jealous trolls do.   They actually say Brady made BB which is a joke and absolutely false considering what we've seen from Brady in his last 3 AFC title games and 2 SBs.

You are completely daft.

You said: "Every great QB has a great coach and vice versa."

I just listed 5 HOFers who had ho hum coaches and blew your statement to shreds, then you try and spin it and change what you said.

Junior goes down in flames once again. LMAO@U

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Your're a joke for doing what jealous trolls do.   They actually say Brady made BB which is a joke and absolutely false considering what we've seen from Brady in his last 3 AFC title games and 2 SBs.

Funny stuff junior. Too bad BB has a loser record without Brady or somebody might take your spin seriously. Learn the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

greatest coach to ever undermine, backstab, and not do his utmost not to win a super bowl....walked off the field after losing to Green Bay, never addressed the team...F him

I am sure he regrets that but he can never shake it either. No one was a bigger fan of Bill Parcells than Bill Parcells.

Not sure he even cracks the top 10 coaches of all time, though. Let's see:

BB

Lombardi

Paul Brown

Halas

Noll

Walsh

Landry

Shula

Joe Gibbs

Parcells

Yeah, I guess he breaks into the top 10 now.  Jimmy Johnson also has 2 rings, would have had 3 or more if he didn't leave Dallas, too.

dont agree...those greats won with 1 team-and most in ur overrated pre "cap era" and some were just ordinary after their greats left (Noll and perhaps Landry)

parcells turned around 4 franchises-only coach who took all 4 to the playoffs in NFL history

one of only 3 to go to SB with 2 different teams

these are accomplishments that put him in a wee bit more rarfied air than you believe

and he showed his further greatness in how successful those who went elsewhere from his staff were-when you learn from the Master (can I get a Belichick?) you have a chance at greatness

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Parcells also left a pile of turds whenver he left a team. Only head coach in the NFL history to do that 4 times, so gloriously so.

The millisecond he didn't get what he wanted or didn't have his but kissed, he up and left.

Miami is still recovering years later, as is Dallas for that matter. Jets?  We know about them a decade later.

I love how Gunty is calling Parcells BB's "mentor".  Was Parcells scouting with Steve Belichick in the 1950s and 1960s alongside Staubach and Bellino a Navy? I don't think so.

The fact Gunty continues to show arrogance and a lack of respect to Steve Belichick's career, is par for the course for Gunty.

Smartest move Parcells ever made was promoting BB to Def Coordinator in 1985. Immediate SB win the next season and arguably the most brilliant defensive gameplan, which should be in Canton itself, was the one BB drew up in SB 25 vs the Bills.

2 rings are tied to BB forever.

so you have a bug up ur *** about Parcells as well as Brady and you use both to worship Belichick

what else is new?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

he never won without Belichick, Belichick won without him

-----> jetnsfan AKA wondsucker...just stating the facts your hero was an egomaniac loudmouth like Rex Ryan he just had better teams and coaches 

first off unwashed i dont take anyting u say here seriously because ur overwrought ranting shows your complete lack of fairness and objectivity

second yeah like if parcells choose to stay with the giants he couldn't have won another SB or two...he chose to move on b/c he loves the challenge of rebuilding a team his way and he has the guts to leave a winning team for that, unlike most

third, we all know why BB rsigned after parcells generously-and once again-left him a team on the verge of success and al built up for him to take over: he knew he couldn't follow parcells and didnt want to do it in a place as tough a NY

fourth if parcells had Tom Brady? and stayed put? my Gpd back up the truck for the rings!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

-----> jetnsfan AKA wondsucker...just stating the facts your hero was an egomaniac loudmouth like Rex Ryan he just had better teams and coaches 

And Belichick never won without Brady. Actually, he has a loser record without Brady.

Go Babe Go!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

And Belichick never won without Brady. Actually, he has a loser record without Brady.

Umm, so did Lombardi with Starr.  Every great QB has a great coach and vice versa.

Throw in the cap era, and you simply don't have a leg to stand on.  Meanwhile, Parcells had little success in the cap era as a coach.   His time passed him by by the late 90s.  When he joined Dallas, I knew he'd fail.  He was done by that point, but Jerry Jones was desperate, paid him a boatload and stroked Parcells's ego.

Facts hurt trolls.

name the great QB's parcells won with

simms? love him, best sb ever possibly by a QB but great?

hostetler? bledsoe? Testverde?

Parcells + Brady = rings rings rings

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Parcells also left a pile of turds whenver he left a team. Only head coach in the NFL history to do that 4 times, so gloriously so.

So you are revising your take on Carroll's stature as HC of the NEPs?

The point is, Parcells had a nasty habit of running out on his commitments.

Oh, you mean like BB did to the jets?

Go Babe Go!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

The millisecond he didn't get what he wanted or didn't have his but kissed, he up and left.

Miami is still recovering years later, as is Dallas for that matter. Jets?  We know about them a decade later.

I love how Gunty is calling Parcells BB's "mentor".  Was Parcells scouting with Steve Belichick in the 1950s and 1960s alongside Staubach and Bellino a Navy? I don't think so.

The fact Gunty continues to show arrogance and a lack of respect to Steve Belichick's career, is par for the course for Gunty.

Smartest move Parcells ever made was promoting BB to Def Coordinator in 1985. Immediate SB win the next season and arguably the most brilliant defensive gameplan, which should be in Canton itself, was the one BB drew up in SB 25 vs the Bills.

so you have a bug up ur *** about Parcells as well as Brady and you use both to worship Belichick

what else is new?

He is a VERY sick boy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

what else is new?

He is a VERY sick boy.

keep schooling him babe

the funny thing is if he took his blinders off he would realize I have always said BB is a great coach, the best of his era and a hof-er and he is a good gm a well

hell he is a parcells alum and i was a big fan when he was our DC but queenie ,just rants and raves, like he does when he blames brady for the earthquake in china last month

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Go Babe Go!

I really don't like to disparage BB. But idiots that can't handle the truth force my hand.

A simple, "yeah, he did them wrong on that and at least should have handled it better" would suffice regarding the jets. But that's asking too much of some people I guess. Same thing with his GM work. A damned fool can figure out he has let the defense go to hell, but not some of the minions here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

what else is new?

He is a VERY sick boy.

keep schooling him babe

the funny thing is if he took his blinders off he would realize I have always said BB is a great coach, the best of his era and a hof-er and he is a good gm a well

hell he is a parcells alum and i was a big fan when he was our DC but qeeniejust rants and raves

Queenie is an imbecile if there ever was one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Go Babe Go!

I really don't like to disparage BB. But idiots that can't handle the truth force my hand.

A simple, "yeah, he did them wrong on that and at least should have handled it better" would suffice regarding the jets. But that's asking too much of some people I guess. Same thing with his GM work. A damned fool can figure out he has let the defense go to hell, but not some of the minions here.

see my comment above!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I'm OK with Parcells getting in.  He immediately helped the franchise with season ticket sales the minute he was announced as HC of the Pats.  His ego sometimes got the best of him, but he was definitely a good coach.

This stat - "only coach to ever take 4 different teams to the playoffs" - has me wondering ... how many guys even got a chance to coach 4 different teams?  My guess, without checking is no more than 5.  Anyone know?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Congratulations to the Man! No myth but a Legend!

Bill Parcells elected to the NFL Hall of Fame

2x SB Champion

2X Coach of the Year

The Only HC in NFL history to take 4 dfferent teams to the playoffs

One of three to take 2 diferent teams to the Super Bowl

The head of one of the most sucessful coaching trees in history

The Mentor of future Hall of Famer Bill Bellichick and the one who turned around 4 separate franchises, including the New England Patriots!

Bill Parcells: The Master is now in Canton!

AGREED!!! Well deserved. This man rescued both the Giants and Patriots from oblivion. Of course, trying to save the Jets from oblivion was too great a task, even for the Big Tuna!

LOL!!! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Congratulations to the Man! No myth but a Legend!

Bill Parcells elected to the NFL Hall of Fame

2x SB Champion

2X Coach of the Year

The Only HC in NFL history to take 4 dfferent teams to the playoffs

One of three to take 2 diferent teams to the Super Bowl

The head of one of the most sucessful coaching trees in history

The Mentor of future Hall of Famer Bill Bellichick and the one who turned around 4 separate franchises, including the New England Patriots!

Bill Parcells: The Master is now in Canton!

AGREED!!! Well deserved. This man rescued both the Giants and Patriots from oblivion. Of course, trying to save the Jets from oblivion was too great a task, even for the Big Tuna!

LOL!!! 

hahaha yeah may be true Tex!

enjoy the Big Game today

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

The great ones do that, that is why they are great. If you know how to win consistantly in the NFL, you are in the minority. Why not just go to situations where people understand that and give you what you need.

Sections
Shortcuts