The match up nightmare

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

The match up nightmare

After watching the Boys get beat by the Eagles i was wondering if the match up we would dread most in the event we go to the bowl is Philly?

there offense is as young as our defense, there offense is faster than our defense... Vick, Jackson, Maclin, Celek, 

If we get there my biggest fear would be Philly

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Re: The match up nightmare

They are scary..I agree... Vick is on point, and the Eagles are legit..But I also Fear the Falcons...Like the Patriots, the Falcons find ways to keep winning games..both would be scary, but I think if one team can get it done, it would be the Pats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Atlanta is great but when i look at the two defenses;

Eagles; 
    Dial up pressure that may help or hurt Brady
    They force turnovers and they have a shut down corner

Atlanta;
    They do not dial up as much pressure but there 4-3 is very much like the colts only the the LB unit is playing better than the colts decimated unit this year.
    Bierman is a beast
    Dunta Robinson is quality as a shut down corner too

I would give the strength to the eagles based on there unpredictable methods and ability to capitalize on broken plays with Vick and Desean Jacksons spead.

There defense is unpredictable as well 

Atlanta is very balanced on both sides they're offense is just like the patriots when it comes to balance and play action but the patriots have them beat.

I fear the Eagles more but Atlanta is a close second 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I don't buy it.  Vick is still easily flustered against smart D's that disguise and gameplan well.

He's the gameplan you use to keep him in the pocket and switch in and out of man and zone coverages.

I would argue Vick's mightmare would be playing a BB D.

New Orleans would present the biggest challenge if NE were somehow to manage to get to a SB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jssmith285. Show jssmith285's posts

i agree on new orleans.  why does everybody fear philly's defense?  pressure and shutdown corners blah blah blah.  They give up 24 points a game, which is more than this Pats defense gives up, for all the complaining we do about it.  There is no way that eagles defense would keep us under 40 points.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I'm not afraid of the Eagles. Although Vick is getting a lot of hype this year, and somewhat deserving of it, I think the Pats can beat the Eagles if given the chance. The Cowboys did a nice job of "containing" Vick, keeping him in the middle of the field. I think the Pats have a faster defense than the Cowboys, and I think we could do a good job of limiting Vick and the Philly offense. 

The team that worries me the most (if we made it to the big game) is the Saints. Their running game is picking up again, and they have 4 legit WR's, good TE's, etc. Their offense when clicking is very, very difficult to stop. It would be an offensive showdown. They can score quick and can score a lot of points. This is the only team in the NFC I would be worried about.

If we make the big game, I pray we see the Giants again. Our offense, the way it is configured and the way we are playing is built to beat the blitz. I think our Oline is better, and the Giants are predicated on getting pressure from the front 4 which I think we can limit. Plus, I am always up for a little revenge if you know what I mean. Can you imagine Brady in this game? You want to talk about intensity...He would be foaming at the mouth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In Response to Re: The match up nightmare:
    I'm not afraid of the Eagles. Although Vick is getting a lot of hype this year, and somewhat deserving of it, I think the Pats can beat the Eagles if given the chance. The Cowboys did a nice job of "containing" Vick, keeping him in the middle of the field. I think the Pats have a faster defense than the Cowboys, and I think we could do a good job of limiting Vick and the Philly offense.    The team that worries me the most (if we made it to the big game) is the Saints. Their running game is picking up again, and they have 4 legit WR's, good TE's, etc. Their offense when clicking is very, very difficult to stop. It would be an offensive showdown. They can score quick and can score a lot of points. This is the only team in the NFC I would be worried about. If we make the big game, I pray we see the Giants again. Our offense, the way it is configured and the way we are playing is built to beat the blitz. I think our Oline is better, and the Giants are predicated on getting pressure from the front 4 which I think we can limit. Plus, I am always up for a little revenge if you know what I mean. Can you imagine Brady in this game? You want to talk about intensity...He would be foaming at the mouth.
    Posted by PatsLifer

Ditto!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Eagles; 
    Dial up pressure that may help or hurt Brady
    They force turnovers and they have a shut down corner

Sounds like a desciption of the Jets. Go ahead and try to pressure Brady. You may get to him a couple of times early but as soon as he figures out where you're going to come from he'll kill you with audibles.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espnetboy3. Show Espnetboy3's posts

Im not worried about the damn superbowl. My focus is on winning against the packers green bay. BB blocks off my schedule i cant even see who we play after GB. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

I think the Pats can beat anyone right now, but New Orleans would be the toughest win.  Look what they did to the Pats last year and they are getting healthy now.

If the Pats do make it to the Superbowl, I would like a revenge matchup: Chicago, Green Bay, or the Jints.

The 46-10 loss to the obnoxious McMahon, Fridge, and Ditka along with the Superbowl Shuffle is a painful memory.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Eagles just took to 2 major hits on D. Brandon Graham to IR and MLB out indefinitely with elbow. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leonard15. Show Leonard15's posts

Eagles just took to 2 major hits on D. Brandon Graham to IR and MLB out indefinitely with elbow. 
    Posted by ohyes

Yep that's MLB Stuart Bradley and when he was out last year the Eagles run defense really struggled. If they met the Eagles they would just have to make sure they put up b/t 30-40 points b/c you never know the Pats defense might not get off the field with Vicks scrambling but the Eagles are prone to choke in the NFC playoffs and the Pats would welcome a team like the Bears or even have the Bucs sneak in and make an improbable Superbowl run. Notice how I don't like playing against offenses that can score e.g. Saints, Falcons & Eagles. Also yes I think the Giants would be another ideal opponent b/c this time they will make them pay for 2007!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Yes, the Pats would be a nightmare matchup for the Eagles, and every other team too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots16. Show patriots16's posts

i dont think the eagles defense should be a problem, the jets defense was considered the best in the league and look, we put up 43 unasnwered points. If our Offenisve line is on track and focused, Its going to be very hard for any defense to get to Tom Brady, The bears had a good defense to and we put up 127 rush yards against there feared rush defense and 367 pass yards. I think if we can play like we have the past 2 to 3 games..we have a very good chance of being super bowl champions. I think If our Corners like McCourty stay focused and on there game like usuall its going to make it hard for other teams to pass, itll cause them to start to run and that will take off pressure from the pass defense so the line and linebackers can captivate on those run plays. I think we are a very good team this year, and im proud to be a patriots fan. Looking forward to seeing em' in the super bowl

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

LoL damn thats a great answer Mighty!
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

One thing about mighty . . .

he's reliable.

Cool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to The match up nightmare:
    After watching the Boys get beat by the Eagles i was wondering if the match up we would dread most in the event we go to the bowl is Philly? Posted by tagandtrade

not philly. i think it would be Saints or Jints. The Jints have a lessons learned file they can open back up and study

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

LoL yes he is. But seriously Mike Vick in the super bowl VS the Pats = Easy win for the Patriots.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

I absolutely agree with this.

I think Vick can be confused -- and when he gets confused, he still wants to take off -- if you keep him and DeSean Jackson in front of you, the Eagles are not particularly frightening.

I'd be much more worried about a balanced attack from an Atlanta or a New Orleans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Brady is a much better QB than Vick. Vick is a better athlete than Brady.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Atlanta. 

They don't turn the ball over too much (NYG, PHI, NO).

They don't have a suspect defense (PHI, NOLA, tho NOLAs looks decent).

They aren't imbalanced on offense (PHI, NOLA).

Or defense (NYG, PHI).

They are  well coached, although I think you could say that about all the teams.

And they have a player in Roddy White who is on one of those rare tears that makes it seem like he can carry them.

Atlanta looks more "complete" than any of the other teams. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Giants?  Not for me.  We play that SAME team with the team we have now, we wipe the floor with them.  WE CAN PASS OUT OF A THREE TIGHT END SET!!!!!!!  How do you plan for THAT?!  For me, its the Saints, they are the most like us, also the smartest coach, who isn't afraid to pull out all the stops to win.  That 2nd half kickoff in the SB may have been stupid, but it worked.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Saints would be one of the toughest because Brees is the best QB in the NFC. 

The Falcons are similar except, unlike Pierre Thomas, they have a between-the-tackles RB who isn't afraid to bruise in Michael Turner - under Dimitroff, they're committed to smart football. 

The Giants still have Justin Tuck, Usi Umenyiora, and Mathias Kiwanuka rushing the passer and now they have Antrelle Rolle and Kenny Phillips on the back end at safety.  I'd love to see our defense overwhelm Eli Manning, though.  We're faster now than we were the last time and we're ball hawks while Manning still throws ducks and turns the ball over.

Flacco is the Ravens' undoing - I just don't see him as an elite QB, so the Pats can load up in the box, spy Boldin, and hold them to 20 points or less.  Their defense is tougher with Ed Reed back, though.

The Steelers have no offensive line.  I just don't see how you win without something as fundamental as blocking.  This season will take years off of Roethlisberger's career.

I still think the Chargers would be the toughest matchup for our defense if Gates can come back and play.  Maybe beating the Dolphins in the last game and letting the Jets into the playoffs instead of the Chargers wouldn't be the worse thing in the world, assuming the Chiefs can get it done to finish the year (a big assumption right now)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

BB knows Asante too well to let the eagles have too much success, plus the eagles just signed Derrick Burgess...

Sections
Shortcuts