"The media"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

"The media"

Lots and lots of criticism of "the media" here at BDC....time to give a shout out however. Everyone knows how tight the Pats are with injury news. Everyone also knows how hungry the fans are for injury news, especially with a situation like yesterday. Major kudos to Adam Schefter who as usual was first with the info, with 100% accuracy. All of New England breathed a sigh of relief 45 minutes after the injury because of Adam. I think he had the info before Jon Kraft. No one knows how he does it, but he di it again. He is the best. 

For what it's worth, I sent him an email asking him for news on Armstead. He said he couldn't dig anything upLaughing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re:

"Who had it first" used to matter when we relied on the newspaper or the TV for our news.  If Newspaper A had a story before everyone else, it would take at least one more day for the rest of the papers to catch up.  If Channel 4 had the breaking story at the 6pm news, Channels 5 and 7 couldn't deliver the info until at least the 11pm broadcast.

Now?  Twitter Guy A tweets.

Five minutes later, 7,000 retweets.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re:

We criticise the media for good reason but I've never heard a bad word about Adam Schefter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re:

In response to digger0862's comment:

We criticise the media for good reason but I've never heard a bad word about Adam Schefter.

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re:

In response to digger0862's comment:

There is no better NFL insider than Adam Schefter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re:

Schefter is good, no doubt about that. But your other 'Brady Will Play' thread where you repost a tweet is why people people are down on the media. "Sources say Brady will practice and play"... "pending re-examination." Since he doesn't cite his 'sources', that is basically the same as "Uhhhhh, I gotta post something so I look credible. I'm guessing Brady might practice tomorrow and play in Fridays game based on what I heard Joey say at the bar last night, but I'll cover myself in case he doesn't so no one can say I didn't do my job". YAY!! ESPN had that first!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re:

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

Schefter is good, no doubt about that. But your other 'Brady Will Play' thread where you repost a tweet is why people people are down on the media. "Sources say Brady will practice and play"... "pending re-examination." Since he doesn't cite his 'sources', that is basically the same as "Uhhhhh, I gotta post something so I look credible. I'm guessing Brady might practice tomorrow and play in Fridays game based on what I heard Joey say at the bar last night, but I'll cover myself in case he doesn't so no one can say I didn't do my job". YAY!! ESPN had that first!!

Understand your criticism, but that does not happen with any credible source such as ESPN, BDC or Sports Ill and the like

I take it 100% the opposite of your take on it...."unnamed sources" when ESPN reports it means the info is from the inside, and the supplier of the info does not want his job on the line. It could even mean BB threw the fans a bone and "leaked" the info. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Understand your criticism, but that does not happen with any credible source such as ESPN, BDC or Sports Ill and the like

I take it 100% the opposite of your take on it...."unnamed sources" when ESPN reports it means the info is from the inside, and the supplier of the info does not want his job on the line. It could even mean BB threw the fans a bone and "leaked" the info. 

You mean like the time Tom Jackson proclaimed that BB had lost the entire Patriot locker room by letting Lawyer malloy go?

To be fair ESPN has some really good reporters but the majority of their programming has become the TMZ of sports.

It is to bad because guys like Bob Lee are very good at their trade.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re:

All this tweeting and retweeting is for the birds IMO. I'm getting to the point in life I'd rather live in the country all the time and get away from technology   Something to be said about homesteading lol. Twitter to me is like Wikipedia.  How do you know the info is accurate ?  It's like in grade school when you whisper a rumor in one persons ear and by the time it gets around the room it's completely different   The way the pats are I don't trust any of it. Brady had 600 lbs of meat fall on him. That has to hurt some. But the guy plays hurt every year, he's not going to sit on the bench unless they make him. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You mean like the time Tom Jackson proclaimed that BB had lost the entire Patriot locker room by letting Lawyer malloy go?

To be fair ESPN has some really good reporters but the majority of their programming has become the TMZ of sports.

It is to bad because guys like Bob Lee are very good at their trade.

[/QUOTE]

you need to seperate the TV entertainment and the reported news. granted, due to the diversity and enormity of ESPN, sometimes that is hard to do...Jackson is an entertainer...Werder and Schefter are reporters...reporters report facts and no editor goes to the public with out double checked sources...Jackson, Steven A are entertaining you(or not) and trying to get you to watch them...I always thought there were 2 TJacksons, the guy on Sunday night with Berman, and the guy on Monday night with the gang of CC, Key etc....almost polar opposites...I never respected him for doing that. Say what you want about Steven A...but his ratings are very good(his style is not to my liking)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re:

Most local media cull their "original" ideas from this website and the fans... usually something starts here and a day later finds its way into an article.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re:

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Oh god.  I've been talking about Schefter here for years, saying whatever he had was 100% correct and the only national head I'd trust next to Lombardi. Meanwhile, many here would take the ESPN lead with the rumor mongers like Chris Moretensen or Sal Paolantonio.

It was beyond disappointing he left NFLN, but ESPN has been falling behind the NFLN for years now and needed some kind of credbility. They likely doubled his salary which means he had no choice but to leave.

Chris Mortensen is a moron. I knew I should have taken his cell phone at O'Hare back in 2006 when I had the chance. It would have been highlarious to have access to all the numbers in his cell.  Schefter hasn't changed, though, which is good.  My fear was he would be forced to change and sell out completely, but to his credit, he has not compromised his integrity while at ESPN.

Leave it to RKrap to tell us the sky is blue.   Sending a busy man like Schefter emails are we?

Dork.

hey how do the Panthers look? put up a post on the Jets, will ya? start another post telling us the media is against BB. tell us again TB is a bum...

you really have nothing to say regarding football, do you? we all thought you were banned (again), or on vacation...but in reality you have absolutely nothing to say

Sections
Shortcuts