The MHK Factor.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

The MHK Factor.

Sunday at The Razor will be the Patriots first game defending their home turf this season.It will also be the first game in quite some time that a true lady, Myra Hiatt Kraft will not be at her husbands side watching the Patriots play. It is sure to be an emotional evening at Foxboro for Robert Kraft .

It will be a really fitting gesture by the Kraft family in giving fans in attendance the MHK lapel pins and the ensuing minutes silence to the wonderful person that Myra Hiatt Kraft was will be both touching and emotive.
    For Robert Kraft and his extended family I truly hope that the Pats on the field mark the occasion with a fitting W for all concerned.

It would be so fitting this season to honour her memory with a fourth Lombardi Trophy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: The MHK Factor.

In Response to The MHK Factor.:
    [QUOTE] It would be so fitting this season to honour her memory with a fourth Lombardi Trophy.
    Posted by irishfanatic[/QUOTE]

Irish, my thoughts exactly. This is the Myra Kraft season, it should be dedicated to her, especially after RK did so much by keeping the league together during the whole lockout ordeal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Honestly if the wife of your boss' boss' boss died would you be emotional? 

Even if she was salt of the earth the reality is most players have probably never said two words to her.  I'm sure there are people within the players own families that that have ben sick or died and caused more emotional stress.  The players will pay their respects and all that, but this game won't be won or lost based on the emotion over the loss of a distant aquaintance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

In Response to Re: The MHK Factor.:
    [QUOTE]Honestly if the wife of your boss' boss' boss died would you be emotional?  Even if she was salt of the earth the reality is most players have probably never said two words to her.  I'm sure there are people within the players own families that that have ben sick or died and caused more emotional stress.  The players will pay their respects and all that, but this game won't be won or lost based on the emotion over the loss of a distant aquaintance.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

With the greatest respect towards your comments you really need to read the exact wording I gave my post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Honestly if the wife of your boss' boss' boss died would you be emotional?  Even if she was salt of the earth the reality is most players have probably never said two words to her.  I'm sure there are people within the players own families that that have ben sick or died and caused more emotional stress.  The players will pay their respects and all that, but this game won't be won or lost based on the emotion over the loss of a distant aquaintance.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Ahh from comments from players both current and former, Myra spent a lot of time talking with the players. She developed a lot of relationships with the wives of the players and the players themselves. One great example is when Bruschi had the stroke. She spent a lot of time with him and the Bruschi family

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The MHK Factor. : Ahh from comments from players both current and former, Myra spent a lot of time talking with the players. She developed a lot of relationships with the wives of the players and the players themselves. One great example is when Bruschi had the stroke. She spent a lot of time with him and the Bruschi family
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

She was like the "den" mother.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Actually Myra did indeed spend a great deal of time with the players and all of the vets have many a story in regards to her and how she touched them or spent time with them in some way.  The Krafts are not your typical owners and Myra could be said to be an extreme case as she was very much a second mother to a lot of them.

I was actually speaking about this point (The MHK factor) with my father the other day.  While I'm sure the Pats will take some losses this season, I don't think it will be this week.  Not to take anything away from San Diego, as they are very much in our league and could be us probably 50% of the time, but this is going to be a very emotional game for a lot of the players because Myra is a key point this Sunday.  I think it might only be due to potential poor taste that this point isn't being brought up more, especially with the analysts. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

This thread is dripping estrogen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]This thread is dripping estrogen.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

BAM

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I was just watching this and if you forward to 4:25, you'll see how all the players came into the locker room saying something like 'that's one for her [Myra]' to Robert and Jonathan Kraft. Special season, boys. It's going to be a special season.