The Moment of truth- Pats need to beat a good team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

The Moment of truth- Pats need to beat a good team

This is a big game. The Pats need to beat a good team and I don't mean the Ravens or the Dolphins! Will this be the game where the Pats defense takes control? They'll have to collapse the pocket on Manning- not a allow Manning to step up into the pocket. Can the DBs take away Reggie Wayne and shut down Dallas Clark? who's going to cover Clark? Meriweather? Can the Pats create a ten minute drive by pounding the rock and keep Manning of the field? Will Adalius Thomas come off the milk carton and show up for this game? How about Burgess?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Re: The Moment of truth- Pats need to beat a good team

Atlanta is a Good team. And we beat them.
    The Ravens are a Good team. Same story.

Indy is maybe the best team in the NFL, so let´s see how it goes.

The Moment of truth- Pats need to beat the best team in the NFL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

In Response to Re: The Moment of truth- Pats need to beat a good team:
    [QUOTE]Atlanta is a Good team. And we beat them. The Ravens are a Good team. Same story. Indy is maybe the best team in the NFL, so let´s see how it goes. The Moment of truth- Pats need to beat the best team in the NFL
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]

Today, I would have to say Pittsburgh is the best team in the NFL, followed by New Orleans, Indy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If strength of schedule still counts for anything than Indy isn't nearly the best team in the NFL.  Atlanta and the Ravens were very good teams that we knocked down a peg...  Any team in our division is a tough team to play and we are on an upward trajectory, both our offensive and defensive rankings improve every game we play.  We should be the first team to knock off the Colts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to The Moment of truth- Pats need to beat a good team:
    [QUOTE]This is a big game. The Pats need to beat a good team and I don't mean the Ravens or the Dolphins! Will this be the game where the Pats defense takes control? They'll have to collapse the pocket on Manning- not a allow Manning to step up into the pocket. Can the DBs take away Reggie Wayne and shut down Dallas Clark? who's going to cover Clark? Meriweather? Can the Pats create a ten minute drive by pounding the rock and keep Manning of the field? Will Adalius Thomas come off the milk carton and show up for this game? How about Burgess?
    Posted by RonF[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I think if NE wants to prove that they are a elite team then they need to win this game. 

A win will not prove that they are the BEST team in the NFL, that can only be decided in February, but this is an important win. 

They are suppose to beat ATL and Balt.  Miami they usually split the series.

As far as the pass rush....I doubt we will see it.  NE rarely puts any pressure on the QB.  They rely on alot of confusion in the secondary, but not too many teams can confuse PM.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FourthRing. Show FourthRing's posts

Who the hell have the Colts beat? No one other than the Cardinals at the beginning of the season when they didn't look all that good, and for God sakes, they have squeaked out 60% of their wins.  4th quarter wins against the 49ers with Alex Smith making his first start, Jville on a last second play, Houston on a last second play.   

It's going to be a dog fight, don't get me wrong but saying the Colts are the best team in football is ridiculous.  There are about eight to ten teams in the league right now that are playing really well, and it is all to shake out over the next eight games.  I hate this BS, mid season reports.  Peter King couldn't talk about the Giants or Broncos without fiddling his johnson three weeks ago, and they're not looking so hot right now.  Pats need to beat the Colts, but it's not the end of the world if they don't, and by my watch, the Colts have been 8-0 a few times this decade and it didn't mean squat in January.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I think the more appropriate headline is The Moment of truth- Colts need to beat a good team. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I don't think the Ravens are as good as they're hyped.  They're still living off of the hype of years past.  Cincinnati has run all over them.

I think Atlanta's legit, though - I think they'll be the top wild card in the NFC.

Nonetheless, to be elite, the Patriots must beat the elite.  This means Indianapolis, New Orleans, and perhaps at some point Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Minnesota.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

In Response to Re: The Moment of truth- Pats need to beat a good team:
    [QUOTE]I think the more appropriate headline is The Moment of truth- Colts need to beat a good team. 
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It's not our opinion that Indy has had an easier schedule, it's fact. As I said yesterday on here and to everyone I know: Indy had averaged 19pts in the last 2 games. If our defense can play as good as the Texans and the 49er's and Brady and Co. execute, we win.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Face it.  There's the Patriots, and after that there aren't any good teams.