The Moss Impact: From Cold Hard Football Facts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

The Moss Impact: From Cold Hard Football Facts

For those who underestimate Moss's impact on a defense, I cut and pasted a portion of a CHFF article that TexasPat posted his Report Card thread...

PERCY HARVIN WILL MISS RANDY MOSS

In three games before the arrival of Moss, Percy Harvin caught 12 passes for 106 yards and 0 TD. That’s an average of four catches, 35.3 YPG and 8.3 YPC.

In four games with Moss, Percy Harvin caught 19 passes for 287 yards and 2 TD. That’s an average of five catches, 72 YPG and  15.1 YPC.

Harvin also had 5 rushes for 59 yards and one touchdown with Moss compared to 2 rushes, 15 yards and zero TD without him. The Vikings team as a whole averaged 14.6 PPG without Randy Moss compared to 21.5 PPG with him.

Well done Brad Childress. Idiot.

HARVIN CAN COMMISERATE WITH WES WELKER

The Randy Moss impact is being felt in New England, too, namely by pint-sized underneath slot whiz Wes Welker.

In four games with Moss, Welker caught 26 passes for 217 yards and 3 TD. That's and average of 6.5 catches, 54 YPG and 8.3 YPC.

In three games without Moss, Welker has caught 14 passes for 102 yards and 0 TD. That's an average of 4.7 catches, 34 YPG and 7.3 YPC.

Of course, if you're against Moss because of his diva issues, none of this matters, LOL.

You can read the full article at: http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3437_Pigskin_Detention%3A_Gospel_according_to_Rev._Bruschi.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

Re: The Moss Impact: From Cold Hard Football Facts

You know as much of an idiot as Moss is, he stretched the filed and made Welker and other effective.  Unfortunately his attitude was too much to handle I guess.  Funny thing is we handled it quit well in 07?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I prefer to look at the before and after Moss era for the Pats here's some interesting stats for the O:

With Moss average/game in 3 games (not including Buf because well it's Buf):

O TD's - 2.66     O yrds - 311     rush attempts - 25     pass attempts - 31.66

After Moss average/game in 3 games:

O TD's - 3         O yrds - 312     rush attempts - 25     pass attempts - 34.33

In short without Moss Brady's thrown and extra 2.66 passes a game we've averaged an extra yard a game and an extra .33 TD's a game and I would say that Minny, Balt, SD were all together tougher defenses then Mia, NY, Cin (mainly cause of Cin) so I'd say the team has slightly improved offensively without Moss this year then with him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Almost forgot

With Moss average points/game from O (including FG's)

Without Moss average points/game from O (including FG's)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Of course, the Cold Hard Football Facts also ran a piece explaining how the Pats would be better off without Moss.  It was posted on this forum.  Do we remember that?

Actually, both stories could be right.  Welker may be suffering some without Moss AND the Pats may indeed be better now.  Darn, I hate it when a point I was trying to make blows up in my face :^(

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

It's not about Wes Welker's numbers. The team is better without him. Look at Pateng's numbers and try to explain how they have been worse off without Moss.

In Response to The Moss Impact: From Cold Hard Football Facts:
    [QUOTE]For those who underestimate Moss's impact on a defense, I cut and pasted a portion of a CHFF article that TexasPat posted his Report Card thread... PERCY HARVIN WILL MISS RANDY MOSS In three games before the arrival of Moss, Percy Harvin caught 12 passes for 106 yards and 0 TD. That’s an average of four catches, 35.3 YPG and 8.3 YPC. In four games with Moss, Percy Harvin caught 19 passes for 287 yards and 2 TD. That’s an average of five catches, 72 YPG and   15.1 YPC. Harvin also had 5 rushes for 59 yards and one touchdown with Moss compared to 2 rushes, 15 yards and zero TD without him. The Vikings team as a whole averaged 14.6 PPG without Randy Moss compared to 21.5 PPG with him. Well done Brad Childress. Idiot.   HARVIN CAN COMMISERATE WITH WES WELKER The Randy Moss impact is being felt in New England, too, namely by pint-sized underneath slot whiz Wes Welker. In four games with Moss, Welker caught 26 passes for 217 yards and 3 TD. That's and average of 6.5 catches, 54 YPG and 8.3 YPC. In three games without Moss, Welker has caught 14 passes for 102 yards and 0 TD. That's an average of 4.7 catches, 34 YPG and 7.3 YPC. Of course, if you're against Moss because of his diva issues, none of this matters, LOL. You can read the full article at: http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3437_Pigskin_Detention%3A_Gospel_according_to_Rev._Bruschi.html
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Agreed, Rockdog.

I saw the CHFF article you were talking about, and I can see how the Pats will develop a more balanced attack without Moss. Just saying that defenses do still key on him, despite reports to the contrary.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: The Moss Impact: From Cold Hard Football Facts:
    [QUOTE]Agreed, Rockdog. I saw the CHFF article you were talking about, and I can see how the Pats will develop a more balanced attack without Moss. Just saying that defenses do still key on him, despite reports to the contrary.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone would agrue that defenses have to respect Moss when he's on the field I just don't like when people try to make it sound like the Pats O was better when Moss was here when in reality it's actually gotten better without him this year.

You and the article are right Welker is now getting the double teams but I doubt you'll hear a squeak from him getting less looks if that means the team has a better shot at winning. Besides wait until Hernandez and Tate start to get into a grove and you'll see them rolling the double coverage to whatever side Hernandez is on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

It's possible and likely that WW will suffer w/o Moss to a degree but the team will be better offensively overall... I know tough to fathom but true.

Sections
Shortcuts