The most frustrating thing about this D is...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FcukUPayMe. Show FcukUPayMe's posts

The most frustrating thing about this D is...

That if they were just a little bit better, as in not the worst in the NFL, we would have a very good shot about going to the Super Bowl. With the AFC being so wide open, with this O and an improved D we would have a great shot at another Super Bowl run. Alas, I don't see it happening with this D any time soon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: The most frustrating thing about this D is...

That's right, if we were even average we would have a shot against an nfl that is very weak on the afc side. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to The most frustrating thing about this D is...:
    That if they were just a little bit better, as in not the worst in the NFL, we would have a very good shot about going to the Super Bowl. With the AFC being so wide open, with this O and an improved D we would have a great shot at another Super Bowl run. Alas, I don't see it happening with this D any time soon.
    Posted by FcukUPayMe

Handy that you don't vote for the SB participants.  They will most likely get safeties back, get bit healthier, and maybe play better.  We had two WR's out there, doesn't anyone think that is a big deal?  Badly dinged up.  Not saying they were spectacular, just saying Washington saw the weak spot and just poked it and poked it and poked it.  Good thing the O didn't start slow.  Remember the D put the first points on the board, folks.  Oh, and bailed out the offense's end zone turnover with a last minute pick. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Were the Pats D playing a lot of soft zone today or what.  Not going to cut it against the better QB's in the playoffs.

BUT I still believe BB is letting some D players rest with this schedule right now and we will see some come back for Tebow and then the playoffs.  I'm sure if the Pats were fighting for the playoffs they would be in there now and the soft zone would be tighter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

watching them play like this week after week and an in up and down fashion.  It looks brilliant on some possessions then looks like cr*p on others.  seems like there is no in between or consistency.  It would be nice to see 60 minutes of good D!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In Response to Re: The most frustrating thing about this D is...:
    In Response to The most frustrating thing about this D is... : Handy that you don't vote for the SB participants.  They will most likely get safeties back, get bit healthier, and maybe play better.  We had two WR's out there, doesn't anyone think that is a big deal?  Badly dinged up.  Not saying they were spectacular, just saying Washington saw the weak spot and just poked it and poked it and poked it.  Good thing the O didn't start slow.  Remember the D put the first points on the board, folks.  Oh, and bailed out the offense's end zone turnover with a last minute pick. 
    Posted by Davedsone

The problem is that every team has seen that weak spot and poked it. The only team that really failed was the Tyler Palko lead Chiefs. 

I have a little pet peeve about calling Slater a converted WR. He has mostly played special teams in the NFL and he was a DB his junior and senior year at UCLA. How is that missed? He moved to WR because he thought he had a better shot in the NFL there. He played more DB in college than WR. 

Anyhow, the reason that the safety group is thin is because the Patriots have failed to draft and develop young players who can play. At this point who is coming back other than Chung?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Heck, I'd settle for 45 minutes, if its the last 45.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

To paraphrase a famous quote:

Defense? What defense? We're just trying to win a game!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

...BUT I still believe BB is letting some D players rest with this schedule right now and we will see some come back for Tebow and then the playoffs.  ..
    Posted by TFB12

i agree. i bet they start showing what they are fully capable of in teh last 3 games of teh reg season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Were the Pats D playing a lot of soft zone today or what.  Not going to cut it against the better QB's in the playoffs. BUT I still believe BB is letting some D players rest with this schedule right now and we will see some come back for Tebow and then the playoffs.  I'm sure if the Pats were fighting for the playoffs they would be in there now and the soft zone would be tighter.
    Posted by TFB12

Not sure about how much zone they actually played. Two of the time that McCourty got beat (the 60 yarder and the TD) he was clearly in man-to-man.

I wish I could believe that he is resting guys and saving something for the playoffs, but I would think you want the players to be getting some reps together. Why would not play the way to give you the best chance of winning. They play a softzone, because they are suceptible to the deep ball. 

As far a fighting for the playoffs, the need to win out to have a shot at bye week. The Patriots have the strength of schedule tie-breaker over the Texans, but they lose the tie-breaker to Pitt or Baltimore. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Most frustrating?  That can be summed up in one word.....EVERYTHING

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

funny that both the receivers who burned us so badly played for us.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

defense sucks, but fortunately they come up big when it counts, but i think the D really misses chung and spikes, if they get then back for the playoffs they should play better...not great, but better

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

The most frustrating thing is
    J. Cunningham hamstring (Doubtful)
    DNP
    K. Arrington foot (questionable)
    P. Chung foot (questionable)
    DNP
    D. Fletcher thumb (questionable)
    DNP
    D. McCourty shoulder (questionable)
    M. Slater shoulder (questionable) DNP
    B. Spikes knee (questionable)
    DNP
    S. Vereen hamstring (questionable)
    DNP

And that Edleman Underwood and Slater are the back ups and some time starters on D.
    That Nate Jones has played 3 games this year one with Miami.
    Niko Koutouvides has played 4 games.
    That J. Ihedigbo is obviously playing with a very sore shoulder.

As for giving up lots of run yards it happens when you are missing your starting DBs and the replacements need to play off the WRs.

So they are mssing several integral parts and still winning with the bend but don't break D.

Sections
Shortcuts