The New England Patriots recently tried out eight defensive players

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: The New England Patriots recently tried out eight defensive players

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Yeah, because Collins has dazzled the whole NFL so far. Then there's those two future HOFers Hightower and Spikes to further make BB looking for a LB puzzling. LMAO

Are you sure you're a Patriot's fan, you've gone way over the edge from "objective fan" to patriot hater?  

The problem is all the homers here. Over and over and over they overrate, so over and over and over I have to set them straight. I'm responding to their nonsense with pragmatic analysis.

Cut the homer spin down across the board and you will see that I praise those worthy of praise.

I praise BB as a coach. I praise Brady. I praise the O-line in general. I praise Wilfork. I praise Mayo. I praise Talib and Dennard. I praised Moss. I praise Gronk. I praised AH. I praised Welker (except for the chokes). I praised Vereen (though he is an injury problem).

What I don't do is praise mediocrity. What I don't do is praise every crappy draft pick BB makes. That doesn't make me a hater. It makes me sane.

Some of us just don't want to be cheerleaders wozzy. Some of us want to seriously analyze the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I'm not going to premature ejaculate about a D that has played two rookie QBs wozzy. As I said last season, with the addition of Talb and the moving of McCourty the D looked halfway decent. We will see when they face some stiffer competition.

I'm not asking you to tie a belt around your neck to a picture of Belichick instead of Brady but geez, I've never seen a "fan" of any given team get so over joyed hoping for the misery of his supposed team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm not going to premature ejaculate about a D that has played two rookie QBs wozzy. As I said last season, with the addition of Talb and the moving of McCourty the D looked halfway decent. We will see when they face some stiffer competition.

I'm not asking you to tie a belt around your neck to a picture of Belichick instead of Brady but geez, I've never seen a "fan" of any given team get so over joyed hoping for the misery of his supposed team.

I don't hope for misery. I hope BB has drafted 3-4 HOFers this year. But he hasn't, because he just doesn't draft that well.

I hope Spikes emerges as a great LB. But he isn't.

All this rose colored glasses stuff is a setup to me to be let down. I'd much rather know where I really stand. I cheer for these guys I think are stiffs to do well. I hope they make me look silly. But they almost never do, because I'm usually right about them.

I used to loathe Kevin Faulk. I literally cringed every time he ran the ball. He was a fumbler. Then he somehow "got it" and stopped that BS. Then I could enjoy watching him play. Ridley is in the same boat now. I don't even want to see him on the field. I hope he gets it together. Until he does, He Blows! LMAO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

or he might just be looking for some special teams depth, slater is out

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"

-Ben Franklin

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I wouldn't be surprised if Bill isn't as impressed with the performance of his linebackers as some people on here are...especially Spikes, but the dopes he keeps bringing in aren't going to help. The players that could of helped were signed months ago...we didn't get those guys.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Sounds like they're looking for a LB. seems odd, as that seems to be a position of strength and depth. Perhaps I'm overanalyzing, but Spikes has looked really bad this season. He may very well go on to have a successful season, but may they be looking to trade him?

Let's go Pats!

Yeah, because Collins has dazzled the whole NFL so far. Then there's those two future HOFers Hightower and Spikes to further make BB looking for a LB puzzling. LMAO

Babe, you've turned into a Rusty, simply on the opposite end of the spectrum. Might as well start calling you "Ytsur".

In fairness to Rusty, I would contend that Babe actually comes across more negative.  While Rusty finds fault in some of Brady's performances and dwells on them ad nauseum, I believe that he has actaully acknowledged Brady's abilities.  Babe simply writes off anything remotely positive about anyone, except for Brady.  Yes, I know that Rusty is extremely reactionary and is often his own worst enemy, but I have also read many posts where he actually carries on well thought out discussions regarding the team.  Most of Babe's posts seem to attempt to demean people and disregard any opinion that does not fall in line with his own.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Nobody likes us, everybody hates us, why don't we just eat worms.  

Why don't we get together prior to the next home game, we can listen to some Depeche Mode, cut ourselves, drink shooters and punch each other in the gut.  We suck, yeah it's great!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Sounds like they're looking for a LB. seems odd, as that seems to be a position of strength and depth. Perhaps I'm overanalyzing, but Spikes has looked really bad this season. He may very well go on to have a successful season, but may they be looking to trade him?

Let's go Pats!

Don't be a clown all of your life, babe.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andyp7862. Show andyp7862's posts

I don't hope for misery. I hope BB has drafted 3-4 HOFers this year. But he hasn't, because he just doesn't draft that well.

All this rose colored glasses stuff is a setup to me to be let down. I'd much rather know where I really stand. I cheer for these guys I think are stiffs to do well. I hope they make me look silly. But they almost never do, because I'm usually right about them.

I used to loathe Kevin Faulk. I literally cringed every time he ran the ball. He was a fumbler. Then he somehow "got it" and stopped that BS. Then I could enjoy watching him play. Ridley is in the same boat now. I don't even want to see him on the field. I hope he gets it together. Until he does, He Blows! LMAO

3-4 HOFS?!?!?! Jesus. Well, at you manage your expectations as a fan.......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

I guess BB isn't happy with the defense....and knows that it won't hold up to better teams?

I said it on one of the wide receiver discussions -- I don't worry about the WR situation, but I see concerns on the D side of the ball. However, for me, the vulnerability is at the DT spot. It's really thin.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Nobody is leaving as these names are all obscure. You think any of these guys can replace Spikes??  Its a list of bums to come in and fill a spot and BB decided he wanted to look at LB. Most likely a special teams linebacker as he looks to get more beef on one his special teams unit. If you look closer, they probably all have something in common like speed or special teams experience. The player would be # 45-53 on the 53  man roster. This is a non story. Most likely just an injury replacement precaution and filling up the rolodex. We hope to never see these guys on the field.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to andyp7862's comment:

3-4 HOFS?!?!?! Jesus. Well, at you manage your expectations as a fan.......

The question was about what my hopes were, not about my expectations. Try to keep up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Let's go Pats!

Don't be a clown all of your life, babe.

Care to elaborate, or do you prefer to simply look stupid?

Sections
Shortcuts