The New Randy Moss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

The New Randy Moss

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/ann_killion/05/23/randy-moss-niners/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a0

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: The New Randy Moss

No surprise here. Randy is one of the greats of the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Moss looks fit and ready in the picture that is with the article. Too bad he wasn't in NE.  I think he will have a good season, as good as one can have with Alex Smith. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

Lol he does look like the younger Moss. Looks leaner , a little more fit. Plus his new hair lol. Anyway , reportedly he looks quick , fast. Apparently still ran a 4.3. It's not like he's coming back for a check. I love the move for SF and Randy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

Plus their not asking Randy to come in and lead the league in yards or something. Their asking him to be a piece of puzzle , that's it. Their wrs were awful last year. Randy and Mario will immediately make them much better. Now all of sudden you have AJ and Randy on the outside. With Mario , Crabtree and Davis in the slot. With that O-Line and backfield! That team is stacked.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: The New Randy Moss":
    Plus their not asking Randy to come in and lead the league in yards or something. Their asking him to be a piece of puzzle , that's it. Their wrs were awful last year. Randy and Mario will immediately make them much better. Now all of sudden you have AJ and Randy on the outside. With Mario , Crabtree and Davis in the slot. With that O-Line and backfield! That team is stacked. Posted by 1guy1sharp
    Stacked alright just except a good QB but thats overrated.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yeah come talk to me after 6 weeks and see how's he doing. Don't forget how people were commenting on Moss during the 10' pre-season about he looked like he was in the best shape since his rook year and that he was going to tear it up and put to bed the doubt lingering from the last half decline in 09'

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: The New Randy Moss:
    Yeah come talk to me after 6 weeks and see how's he doing. Don't forget how people were commenting on Moss during the 10' pre-season about he looked like he was in the best shape since his rook year and that he was going to tear it up and put to bed the doubt lingering from the last half decline in 09'
    Posted by PatsEng

It was clear there were contract strains on his relationship with the team during training camp that year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

my question will he be happy not getting the ball. not putting in the effort to seel it that he might be getting the ball when he wasn't is what hurt us because DB's could tell when he was getting the ball or not

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

my question will he be happy not getting the ball. not putting in the effort to seel it that he might be getting the ball when he wasn't is what hurt us because DB's could tell when he was getting the ball or not
    Posted by natesubs

My thoughts are Randy has learned his leason the last couple seasons he played.  He doesn't want to go out like a punk with a bad reputation, he will play hard, he will be a good teammate, take some younger guys under his wing, and repair his image the best he can so he doesn't get the Cris Carter treatment when it's time to vote Moss into the HOF as the 2nd greatest receiver of all time!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

Moss has overcompensated with his weight loss - someone in the Bay Area please buy him some cheeseburgers!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

good for him.  Kind of hard to harbor bad feelings for Moss. Overall, he did a good job in New England. Yeah, it didn't end well...but who cares. It's water under the bridge at this point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to Re: The New Randy Moss : My thoughts are Randy has learned his leason the last couple seasons he played.  He doesn't want to go out like a punk with a bad reputation, he will play hard, he will be a good teammate, take some younger guys under his wing, and repair his image the best he can so he doesn't get the Cris Carter treatment when it's time to vote Moss into the HOF as the 2nd greatest receiver of all time!!
    Posted by TFB12

Moss is great when he is great. And he is one of the most talented. But he will NEVER be one of the top 10 WR of all time in my book because to be in the very, very top echelon of all time you have to be able to do everything a WR should be able to do. Moss is not special as a possession receiver and maybe most damaging to this perspective he never liked to go over the middle.

Moss is a HOFer. And he is great. But if I am rating WRs the very best should be able to do everything.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Good luck Moss... even if you run a reported 4.1 you still dont get seperation.  Thanks for your time in Ne but we have moved on nicely.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

In Response to Re: The New Randy Moss : Moss is great when he is great. And he is one of the most talented. But he will NEVER be one of the top 10 WR of all time in my book because to be in the very, very top echelon of all time you have to be able to do everything a WR should be able to do. Moss is not special as a possession receiver and maybe most damaging to this perspective he never liked to go over the middle. Moss is a HOFer. And he is great. But if I am rating WRs the very best should be able to do everything. Posted by portfolio1
    You obviously never watched him play. He could take a quick out at the los and take 40-50 yards to the house. As well as beat one , two , three guys on a go route. Saying he didn't like going over the middle , doesn't mean he never did. Besides the things you say he wasn't ( which arnt even true to begging with ) are extremely trivial compared to what he brought to the table. He was one of a handful of WRs who made DCs rethink their strategy. Tony Dungy admitted Randy was a reason he brought back his Tampa2. He was a guy who always made his team mates better. Top 3-5 WR all time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

In Response to Re: The New Randy Moss : Moss is great when he is great. And he is one of the most talented. But he will NEVER be one of the top 10 WR of all time in my book because to be in the very, very top echelon of all time you have to be able to do everything a WR should be able to do. Moss is not special as a possession receiver and maybe most damaging to this perspective he never liked to go over the middle. Moss is a HOFer. And he is great. But if I am rating WRs the very best should be able to do everything. Posted by portfolio1
    You obviously never watched him play. He could take a quick out at the los and take 40-50 yards to the house. As well as beat one , two , three guys on a go route. Saying he didn't like going over the middle , doesn't mean he never did. Besides the things you say he wasn't ( which arnt even true to begging with ) are extremely trivial compared to what he brought to the table. He was one of a handful of WRs who made DCs rethink their strategy. Tony Dungy admitted Randy was a reason he brought back his Tampa2. He was a guy who always made his team mates better. Top 3-5 WR all time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Lols at the guy who said Randy Moss isn't a top 10 WR. What next, Brady isn't a top 5 QB? Brady's deep ball isn't all that great and in recent years, he stopped throwing deep. Does that mean he's not easy HOFamer/top 3 QB?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Lols at the guy who said Randy Moss isn't a top 10 WR. What next, Brady isn't a top 5 QB? Brady's deep ball isn't all that great and in recent years, he stopped throwing deep. Does that mean he's not easy HOFamer/top 3 QB?
    Posted by 49Patriots

Well did they mean top 10 all time or top ten currently? I don't think you could make any rational argument that he's not a top 10 all time.

However, I would gladly argue that he hasn't been a top 10 WR in the league since the middle of the 09' season

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Nobody can argue how much talent Randy has. Nobody can argue him being a HOF player. I will always be thankful that we got to witness him and Brady break some NFL records with incredibly exciting plays. What I won't miss is the head case BS he also brought to the table. being on 3 different teams in one season is enough for me to know that he WILL DO IT AGAIN....just wait. Do I wish him success? Sure.....just not here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

No one can argue about Randy's past.
    Clearly he was one of the most gifted Freaks for a WR.
    He (if he had applied himself) could have been the best WR the NFL had ever seen, he had that much talent, but unfortunately not the intense drive or ambition as Jerry Rice.

The Ball is literally in Moss's hands, it reamains to be seen which Randy we will see.

For all our benefits lets hope we see the best that Randy can be, it's too bad its just not in a Patriots uniform.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Randy is playing for the 49ers. The  new RM on the team I watch is Brandon Lloyd,and quite honestly he'll grab more balls than RM did in his stay with the Patriots.He also has the advantage of having been tutored by Josh McD.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

How does having a Ferrari benifit a quadriplegic like Alex Smith?  He will be a malcontent on the bench by week 8.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: The New Randy Moss : Moss is great when he is great. And he is one of the most talented. But he will NEVER be one of the top 10 WR of all time in my book because to be in the very, very top echelon of all time you have to be able to do everything a WR should be able to do. Moss is not special as a possession receiver and maybe most damaging to this perspective he never liked to go over the middle. Moss is a HOFer. And he is great. But if I am rating WRs the very best should be able to do everything.
    Posted by portfolio1

Moss was a difference maker.  His stats speak for themselves.  2nd greates receiver ever!!

Sections
Shortcuts