The Next Corey Dillon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurupt. Show Kurupt's posts

The Next Corey Dillon

Will the pats ever find a RB of similar quality to Dillon? I remember we used to have just 2 backs that were ever really utilized, Dillon and Faulk, but now we have, what, 5 RBs??? I know the Pats are a passing oriented team, but Dillon provided exactly the kind of running back a pass oriented team needs, he would always be able to bust out those short yardage situations, which last year and the year before that, we kinda failed at converting. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurupt. Show Kurupt's posts

Re: The Next Corey Dillon

In Response to Re: The Next Corey Dillon:

Thanks for posting that, of course I just read about Dillon, I didn't post this to speculate about his post-playing days.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsareNumberone. Show PatsareNumberone's posts

In Response to The Next Corey Dillon:
    Will the pats ever find a RB of similar quality to Dillon? I remember we used to have just 2 backs that were ever really utilized, Dillon and Faulk, but now we have, what, 5 RBs??? I know the Pats are a passing oriented team, but Dillon provided exactly the kind of running back a pass oriented team needs, he would always be able to bust out those short yardage situations, which last year and the year before that, we kinda failed at converting. 
    Posted by Kurupt

I wouldn't mind getting Marion Barber. He'd be pretty close.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I don't what to think anymore. I don't think the Pats will pick up a back like that, because the current pass happy offense doesn't focus on the run anymore. BB doesn't wan't to waste a penny on a position he can just shuffle 30+ year old backs into season after season.

Too bad, it would be nice to feel good about going for it on 4 and 1, like I did in 2001 - 2005.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to The Next Corey Dillon:
    Posted by Kurupt

I'd settle for Antowain Smith....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

The problem now is the Pat's pass so much, a big back on the field MEANS a running play.  It goes back to the predictability of the formations and players on the field.   I fear we have another season of Red Zone shotguns on first down ahead of us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

sure, but someone better. the kid from kansas st.