The Next Vrabel?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from randomname75. Show randomname75's posts

The Next Vrabel?

Larry Foote is about to be released by the Steelers.

He's only 28. Is this someone you'd think we'd pursue?
    Could be an option if Jason Taylor doesn't work out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: The Next Vrabel?

No. He's going to Detroit. He's also an ILB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Larry Foote is about to be released by the Steelers. He's only 28. Is this someone you'd think we'd pursue? Could be an option if Jason Taylor doesn't work out.
    Posted by randomname75

They will release him if they can't make a trade with anyone in the next couple of days.....he has been expressing intrest in playing for Detroit, his home town.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Why would anyone willingly go to Detroit? I suppose they'll offer him a fat contract. He's got his rings, so now I guess he wants the cash. That attitude would make for a bad fit in Foxboro.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

Why would anyone willingly go to Detroit? I suppose they'll offer him a fat contract. He's got his rings, so now I guess he wants the cash. That attitude would make for a bad fit in Foxboro.
    Posted by bubthegrub2

He's from Detroit and went to U. of Michigan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Putting Larry Foot in the same sentence as Mike Vrabel makes me want t throw up. seriously? No one will replace Vrabels because there is no replacing a player like that. The same way we cant replace Rodney or Seymore (if and when he leaves) some players are special and can not be replaced. No one will be able to replace Kevin Faulk either because he is just a special kind of running back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

MVP, the point is that Vrabel was a Steelers guy we took in and made into a champion. Foote is already a champion and a pretty solid player. He's worth a look, at the very least.

Of course, I thin we have enough young guys to cover the position. We're gonna be pretty solid thsi year, I think. I'm looking forward to the youth movement.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from randomname75. Show randomname75's posts

Reamer - thanks for clearing that up.

MVP - Obviously Vrabel was special to the Pats. No. He can't be replaced.
    Reamer nailed my point of comparing him with Foote.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Vrabel was a great Patriot and excellent LB but he is replaceable.  He is not an immortal nor a future HOF'er.  He did not transcend the game like LT.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I once heard BB say when the Pats lose a good player like Vrabel, its not wise to try and find "The Next Vrabel".

It's really not practical. 

What I saw happening this draft was the Patriots smartly rotating the area of strenght toward the DB's. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from randomname75. Show randomname75's posts

Okay - I apologize if the headline was misleading.

What I meant when I said The Next Vrabel was simply:

"hey, I wonder if we will go after this guy the Steelers are about to cut and see him flourish in New England. You know, kinda like what happened with Vrabel."

Thought it was pretty obvious.
    Obviously, I was wrong.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

randomname75 - Taz (mvpkilla) does that to everyone.  Don't take it personal.  Just throw it back in his face and watch him whine and moan about how mean you are. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from randomname75. Show randomname75's posts

Nice.

Thanks, Mighty.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

Hey m1020us,  that red sh1t in your posts is kinda annoying, makes me wanna skip past your post and the next so its off the screen.. but back to the topic, we wont find another vrabel but hopefully someone will fill in well and i hope its crable

Sections
Shortcuts