The NFL is a Joke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The NFL is a Joke

Ray Rice beats the sh_it out of his wife and gets a 2 game suspension.

Josh Gordon tests positive for weed and gets a 16 game suspension.

Pathetic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

Re: The NFL is a Joke

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Pathetic.

To be honest here, Josh Gordon has multiple offenses for drugs. (I'm with you that it should be legalized, but its not and those are the rules to play in the NFL).

Ray Rice wife wont testify against him, so he is not going to get convicted except to plead out on a lesser charge and its his first time on the Leagues bad boy list. (Personally think his wife is nuts not putting his behind in jail, because it is not going to get better, eventually he will knock her out again).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Pathetic is a pretty good description of the penalty!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I'm not saying Gordon is a boy scout.  I'm not saying he shouldn't be suspended (despite my personal opinions about cannabis).  I'm just saying it is pretty bad to suspend a guy for 8x as long as a guy that beat the crap out of his wife.  As for the "he won't get convicted" defense that doesn't seem to matter for Aldon Smith.  I just think it is a bad precedent to essentially trivialize something like domestic violence.  The NFL should be embarrassed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't like it either but I'm with jjbag on this one. Rice isn't being charged with anything and Gordon is a multiple offender. That's how the rules are. If Gordon didn't learn his lesson the 1st couple times that's on him. If Rice's wife doesn't press charges that's on her. Anything more than 2 games and you can bet the NFLPA would fight it tooth and nail but 2 games they might let it slide. What's the penalty for the 1st drug failure? That's what you should be comparing. If Rice beats his wife 3 more times I expect more than 2 games as I would for 3 drug offenses.

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

Pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Goodell must resign.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

I don't care the NFL rules. Recreational mj is legal in two states. Clocking your wife isn't anywhere.

Nice work Goodell. Work on kicking out the Blackmon and Gordon's of the world but keep Suggs and Rice

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't like it either but I'm with jjbag on this one. Rice isn't being charged with anything and Gordon is a multiple offender. That's how the rules are. If Gordon didn't learn his lesson the 1st couple times that's on him. If Rice's wife doesn't press charges that's on her. Anything more than 2 games and you can bet the NFLPA would fight it tooth and nail but 2 games they might let it slide.

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

[/QUOTE]

False!  Big ben raped that gal, the steelers paid off the da, ben was not charged and sheriff rogie still gave him 6 games.

So, the concept here is that roger goodell as is inconsistent as they come.

Watch aldon smith get special treatment too because it is the 49ers and he checked himself into some phony rehab last year as a proactive measure to try to trick ol rogie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm not saying Gordon is a boy scout.  I'm not saying he shouldn't be suspended (despite my personal opinions about cannabis).  I'm just saying it is pretty bad to suspend a guy for 8x as long as a guy that beat the crap out of his wife.  As for the "he won't get convicted" defense that doesn't seem to matter for Aldon Smith.  I just think it is a bad precedent to essentially trivialize something like domestic violence.  The NFL should be embarrassed.

[/QUOTE]

Yep.

There is no rational explanation. Goodell knows how important rice is to baltimore and how thin the afc is.  Goodell will do anything to try to block the pats from going to another sb.

His worst nightmare is passing the lombardi to bb.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .   it's not secret that Goodell has been inconsistent at best in meting out his version of justice, and quite frankly I don't care what the letter of the NFL law is here . . .  when you give the appearance of condoning wife beating, that is pretty bad public relations.

Sadly for those whose stomachs turn at this kind of thing, the NFL has become that rare juggernaut that truly understands the meaning of "impunity."

You can stop watching.

It's about the only thing you can do.

But I can assure you, Jolly Roger and his band of merry men won't care a whit.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Irrespective NFL drug policy this kind of thing conveys the perception that pot smoking is a significantly greater menace to society than is domestic violence; an absurdity of the first order not to mention an afront to human dignity.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

So once again I am confused - lol

Gordon

First I hear that Gordon has a disease and the NFL is nt taking care of himNext I hear that

its just weed so whats the big deal?

if I owned a team I dont think I would be loving having someone smoke every day?

I dont know how it effects the Body or the brain in the short term or long term

As for Rice - Im surpoised he got anything -

As some know here - nI am not an NFL fan in how its run. But I am sort of a "rules" guy

Gordon is a repeater and Rice is not- One may efftct his football play the other does not

Whatever, I am just happy that the PAts dont have alot of these distractions

at least AH is out of the clubhousse
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Hardy is another one and he was convicted.....

PER PFT....

It’s a banner day for women everywhere around the NFL.

After Ray Rice’s two-game suspension for knocking his wife unconscious (Hey, she apologized), it now appears the league’s other star abuser of women is going to continue to make his full $13 million this year.

According to Bill Voth of Black and Blue Review, Panthers General Manager Dave Gettleman indicated the team was not going to suspend defensive end Greg Hardy, who was convicted last week on charges of assaulting his girlfriend and communicating threats.

“We’ve been in touch with the league, . . . we have to respect the legal process,” Gettleman said.

If they were Pats they would be suspended for a year or 6 games not 1 or 2. At least Rice was fined half a million dollars.

BAD DAY FOR NFL PR

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

Goodell gave Rice only 2 games so Joe would win his bet against Doug

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to ronk1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Goodell gave Rice only 2 games so Joe would win his bet against Doug

[/QUOTE]

lol

Hey, if there was ever a time where my premise of Goodell thinking the Pats winning a SB is bad for business, this is another example to support that idea.

Look at the refs bagging the games for the Jets and Panthers last year, which gave Denver homefield. I am not entirely convinced Denver would have beaten the Pats in Gillette.

We would have lost vs Seattle, but you also never know. I'd take a BB coached team up against them under-manned and a shot to keep it close over what pathetic Fox and Gomer did, I can tell you that much.

You look at the RIce suspension and there is really no justifying it since it was seen on tape.  Only two people come out of the elevator.  Rice and his fiancee. The fact she chose to not press charges is her business, but we know why that i$, don't we?

That has no bearing on how Goodell has worked before.  Rapelisberger got 6 games because even though the Steelers paid off the DA down in GA, Goodell wasn't buying it, just like the rest of America.

I don't know how much the Ravens paid Goodell here, but it had to be a hefty chunk of change.

This whole argument of "first time" offenders for women beaters is an absolute outrage. There should be ZERO tolerance for that. ZERO.

Suspended for at least half the year, if not the whole year for that especially with witnesses or it being on tape.

What planet am I on here?

Does Goodell want an AFC team to be as fully complemented as possible when the playoffs roll around to have a crack at the Pats?

Sorta smells like it, doesn't it?  Throw in that idea and these new Gomie rules and my god in heaven, does it smell.

I love how the Pats get two physical press corners in FA and out comes an additional rule to help offenses, too.

Conspiracy? Call it what ya want, but I am convinced the league maneuvers to try to keep the Pats from winning another SB.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

will you be watching NFL football games come September 4th? Maybe you should just boycott.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Speechless 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

So, I guess Irsay will get a year off, after all he was involved in drugs? What's that you say? It doesn't work that way? There's a double standard? Ya think.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

It certainly understand the out rage regarding Rice. Have at it.

I don't understand dragging Gordon or Blackman into the conversation regarding Goodell? Goodell did not suspend either player for a year. The penalty imposed is directly from the CBA, not Goodell. The penalty is something that the players negotiated. Period

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't understand dragging Gordon or Blackman into the conversation regarding Goodell? Goodell did not suspend either player for a year. The penalty imposed is directly from the CBA, not Goodell. The penalty is something that the players negotiated. Period

[/QUOTE]

Because Goodell has the ability to suspend Rice longer than two games, so there is at least some acknowledgement by the NFL that they give a crap about women. That knocking a woman out is at least one-fourth as serious as smoking a joint. Apparently, Roger and the good old boys in the NFL office think weed is far worse. Greg Hardy isn't getting even one game.

Brandon Meriweather got two games for hitting other NFL players wearing helmets and pads, who have an expectation that they're going to get drilled and are trained to get hit. Is that the same as coldcocking a woman in an elevator?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because Goodell has the ability to suspend Rice longer than two games, so there is at least some acknowledgement by the NFL that they give a crap about women. That knocking a woman out is at least one-fourth as serious as smoking a joint. Apparently, Roger and the good old boys in the NFL office think weed is far worse. Greg Hardy isn't getting even one game.

Brandon Meriweather got two games for hitting other NFL players wearing helmets and pads, who have an expectation that they're going to get drilled and are trained to get hit. Is that the same as coldcocking a woman in an elevator?

[/QUOTE]

Muzzy, read what I said. I understand and agree with the Rice outrage.

I said I don't understand blaming Goodell for Gordon or Blackman...that's on the CBA, not Goodell

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I said I don't understand blaming Goodell for Gordon or Blackman...that's on the CBA, not Goodell

[/QUOTE]

I get it. I think the Gordon/Blackmon situations are just an indication that something is whacked in the NFL and NFLPA offices. Their priorities are bizarre. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I get it. I think the Gordon/Blackmon situations are just an indication that something is whacked in the NFL and NFLPA offices. Their priorities are bizarre. 

[/QUOTE]

true. I am simply saying that Goodell did not give Gordon/Blackmon 1 year and Rice 2 games. Goodell gave Rice 2 games. The CBA gave Gordon 1 year

Mort as ESPN thinks that Irsay is getting 8 games (those guys at ESPN get all the scoop, don't they)

Sections
Shortcuts