The NFLs Paper Tiger

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: The NFLs Paper Tiger

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

Ooooh, that is a very scientific explanation.  So, what you're saying is, the team that "backed in" doesn't have to win the games to qualify for the playoffs?  

What I'm saying is; teams that back in get lucky, dum bass jets troll.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

I thought this was about the Jets.   5-7, a putrid pass D, Dee Milliner unable to tackle or cover as a #9 overall pick.  Sure sounds like another putrid draft for the Jets when they should have traded back. Instead, they stayed put, busted on Milliner and Geno Smith. OUCH.

I would focus on your horrendous talent pool years and years away from a wild card, Ed Reed wasting a roster spot looking like my grandmother as a FS, busts all over the field, a broken locker room, how Rex Ryan will hijack the franchise for more years to come.

Finally, Geno Smith, the new franchise QB was benched and his IQ and maturity issues are now coming into play.  Another 2nd rd pick absolute bust on the heels of Stephen Hill and Ducasse.    You didn't have a 2nd rd pick in 2010. That went to SD as Cromartie took you to the cleaners as he plays out his time in NY. lmao

See how this all comes full circle every year for you, while I see my team get a 1 or 2 seed and make another playoff run?

Do you see how this works?  Did you notice how Gumbel/Dierdork were bragging about how BB is the master teambuilder and how his teams stay deep and focused late into the season, trending up, not down? Did you hear that? I did.

You know why that was said? Because it's true!  Funny, huh?

If any team would know about second round busts, it would be Pats fans.  No team has more in the last decade.  Good thing BB traded down for all those second rounders.  Bwahahahahahahahaha!  Wait a minute, don't the Jets have a couple of those Pats busts on their PS?

No team has more UDFA gems than the NE Patriots in the last decade which makes any cheap 2nd pick that didn't work, pretty much meaningless.

See how that works? Every time you open your yap, I have a swift bitchslapping return of serve back in your direction.

Your team just benched your supposed franchise QB at home and your FIRST PICK, #9 overall, looks like a complete bust in his first season, without debate. He's been benched twice and he looked like a Pop Warner CB trying to tackle Mike Wallace.

Gholston went what?  #8 overall?  Now ya got Milliner at #9 5  years later.  Sanchez went #5 overall in 2009.

Revis hurt his shoulder and got TORCHED by Tedd Ginn again yesterday.  

Sure looks like your 2nd rd picks in recent years and top 10-15 picks have been absolutely abysmal in a myriad of ways for your franchise. LOL!

The Laughingstock  - The NY Jets

Please stop. You're insulting Pop Warner CBs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

But you're all about regular season wins, right?

Aren't you the one clinging to our regular season wins over bad teams as an all important basis for your trolling, troll?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

There's no such thing as a paper tiger. Teams are either good enough to make the playoffs or not. Once in any team can win. Every team is flawed. The last two SB winners were not the top seeds those years nor did they appear to be the best teams on paper.

The Pats run D clearly needs some work but they still have time and even with the state of their run D they've beaten the current #1 seed in the afc and the #2 seed currently on the other side.

The Pats can beat anyone if they don't beat themselves. The Seachickens might be tough but we'll worry about that in Super Bowl week.

Until then onward and upward.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Tell me again who those teams are that can't stop the run and won the superbowl.  

2011 Giants gave up 4.5 ypc on the year

2010 Packers gave up 4.7 ypc on the year

2009 Saints gave up 4.5 ypc on the year

2006 Colts gave up 5.3 ypc on the year

LMAO @ U.  MORON.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Tell me again who those teams are that can't stop the run and won the superbowl.  

LMAO @ U.  MORON.

/thread

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Who thought the rebuilding Jets were going to make the playoffs? "

You did. Just a couple weeks ago. Smart of you to back off. 

The only "fact" that needs refuting is why you feel so unhappy and jealous as a Jets fan that you feel a need to squander your life in another fans' forum. 

As a non-homer Pats fan, I'm comfortable with the possibility we might not go far in the playoffs this year. I'm very comfortable that we will be going once again. Trust me it feels great to have an all time QB on your roster and one of the greatest coaches of all time working through injuries and coaching 'em up. 

I doubt you'll ever experience a ride like this one as a fan which is probably why you are here. 

I wish I felt optimistic for your team but you don't even have a QB so "rebuilding" is not an accurate word. "Reeling" is probably the better one till you sort that out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Not a single post attempting to explain why team that has squeaked by some of the NFLs worst teams and lost to one of them or how a team that just plain cannot stop the run will do anything in the playoffs.  Only sad & pathetic posts trying to deflect to the rebuilding Jets.

SHOCKING! But in no way surprising.

Here's an explanation: We lost to the pathetic jets because the officials handed them the game: fact.

wa wa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

This whole thread is a wa wa waaaaaaaaaaaa! from you.

Good come back, babedy babe babe.  Super intelligent, as usual.  Tell me again who those teams are that can't stop the run and won the superbowl.  

The 2011 Giants, 2010 Packers, 2009 Saints and 2006 Colts all had yards per carry against equal to or worse than the Pats have now.

Sick of being destroyed yet troll?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to mrbungle's comment:

Strange, all these responses, but none to refute the facts.  I'll take that as very strong agreement.

9-3

Refute that.

I did.  That's what this post is about.  5 games by a total of 14 points.  Please read before responding.  You'll likely look just a little less stupid.

MM - this be U my man!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

In response to mrbungle's comment:

Strange, all these responses, but none to refute the facts.  I'll take that as very strong agreement.

9-3

Refute that.

I did.  That's what this post is about.  5 games by a total of 14 points.  Please read before responding.  You'll likely look just a little less stupid.

Stupid is as stupid does. What don't you get? They are in first place. 

Of course, as your beloved Jets and Giants wade around in the kiddie pool, the Patriots are winning games. That you have your burlap undies in a twist over how many points they won by? 

Priceless. Maybe you should watch the video of "I are a football player" Antonio Smith. I'm sure he speaks to your educational level. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Not a single post attempting to explain why team that has squeaked by some of the NFLs worst teams and lost to one of them or how a team that just plain cannot stop the run will do anything in the playoffs.  Only sad & pathetic posts trying to deflect to the rebuilding Jets.

SHOCKING! But in no way surprising.

Here's an explanation: We lost to the pathetic jets because the officials handed them the game: fact.

wa wa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

This whole thread is a wa wa waaaaaaaaaaaa! from you.

Good come back, babedy babe babe.  Super intelligent, as usual.  Tell me again who those teams are that can't stop the run and won the superbowl.  

The 2011 Giants, 2010 Packers, 2009 Saints and 2006 Colts all had yards per carry against equal to or worse than the Pats have now.

Sick of being destroyed yet troll?

hahahahaha   Some people just can't leave their abusive relationships.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

I thought this was about the Jets.   5-7, a putrid pass D, Dee Milliner unable to tackle or cover as a #9 overall pick.  Sure sounds like another putrid draft for the Jets when they should have traded back. Instead, they stayed put, busted on Milliner and Geno Smith. OUCH.

I would focus on your horrendous talent pool years and years away from a wild card, Ed Reed wasting a roster spot looking like my grandmother as a FS, busts all over the field, a broken locker room, how Rex Ryan will hijack the franchise for more years to come.

Finally, Geno Smith, the new franchise QB was benched and his IQ and maturity issues are now coming into play.  Another 2nd rd pick absolute bust on the heels of Stephen Hill and Ducasse.    You didn't have a 2nd rd pick in 2010. That went to SD as Cromartie took you to the cleaners as he plays out his time in NY. lmao

See how this all comes full circle every year for you, while I see my team get a 1 or 2 seed and make another playoff run?

Do you see how this works?  Did you notice how Gumbel/Dierdork were bragging about how BB is the master teambuilder and how his teams stay deep and focused late into the season, trending up, not down? Did you hear that? I did.

You thought that the rebuilding Jets

What exactly were they rebuilding from, nothing? When you use the term it usually means there was some notable success. LMAO@U

Well said.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Paper tiger?  You mean the Jets?  The team that somehow has 5 wins despite the 2nd worst point differential in the NFL.  LMAO @ U.

Another fool who does not know what paper tiger means. By the way, how the point thing works is this.  Each game is considered a separate sort of entity.  If you score, say, 30 and the other team scores 27, you win.  If you score 3 and the other team scores 40, you lose.  Points are not carries over, nor are points allowed.  I thought you would have figured this out by now. Learn the game.

Actually, he does.  The poster is simply suggesting that your paper tiger is based on 5 wins instead of 9, like the Patriots have.  What he is saying is that the Jets aren't as good as they look.  That's what you're trying to say about the Patriots, correct?  What's very pathetic is the notion that a team with only 5 wins is somehow playing over its head.  By the way, that's wonderful that RR managed to win a few games in the playoffs, his first couple of years as head coach.  The problem is, he seems to be getting progressively worse as he gains more experience.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to OneManBanned's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

They are 9 - 3 in spite of all the predictions they would have lost to the Saints, Broncos.  What is on "paper" does not translate to on the field results.  As long as the W's keep piling up, we, Pats fans, are smiling, while YOU are not!!!!

They would have lost to the Saints if the ref wasn't blind.

The refs might have cost the Patriots two games this year (Jets and Panthers), so they were owed at least one. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

They are 9 - 3 in spite of all the predictions they would have lost to the Saints, Broncos.  What is on "paper" does not translate to on the field results.  As long as the W's keep piling up, we, Pats fans, are smiling, while YOU are not!!!!

Yes, that dominate game in Foxboro with an injured Peyton, a missing Denver HC and a botched play by the Broncos.... great win.  What were those prediction for the loss to the Jets and Panthers?

Tough to accept the Pats are 9 - 3 isn't it without your need to add a bunch of "buts" and excuses for the other team?  Teams lose games, even to horrible teams.  The Jets have a heck of a lot of more explaining to do than the Pats.  Go commisserate with your fellow Jets fans!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

LMAO @ U.  MORON.

You are OWNED Meadowland!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

You thought that the rebuilding Jets with 14 new starters, in cap hell, all new coordinators and a new GM, never getting above .500 and starting a rookie QB were paper tigers?  I guess you don't know what that term means.  What were your predictions for the Jets this year?

Yeah, you are right. The jets arent tigers nor paper. More like a lot of hot air and a putrid stank like after eating a can of beefarino. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

mike i think youre jealous.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

mike i think youre jealous.

Think?... Think he's jealous? The sad, jealous, rueful Jet fan spends all his time in a forum with Pats fans. Coming here and displaying his envy daiily of everything patriots is sort of pathetic. 

The poor S O B started a thread 2 weeks ago called "20 spots" trying to convince everyone how good the Jets had become because they moved up 20 spots in a power ranking. Sad, Sad, Sad when you have to go to try and use some subjective ranking to try and validate your teams worthiness to other teams fans. Sad, Sad, Sad....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Funny how the Jests are always "rebuilding" and the Patriots are always in the Super Bowl hunt...

.. tell us when you've rebuilt enough for Fireman Ed to shake off the shame he feels and return, otherwise F off.

well said

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

HEY! Meadow! It is so good to see you! Boy those Jets... they really surprise. They broke 100 yards this week. I think again.... ! Just wait till they get some football players....

But as to your thread.. well... you do know Meadow that your lack of understanding about football makes your points... well.. not really worth much of anything. Its OK to like your team (though you do not have to stay a masocist if you dont want to). But look Meadow... the bottom line is you are what your record is. The Patriots are 9-3 and tied for the second best record in conference. Again in the top 3 as they have been essentially every year (but 1) in the BB era. So it is not luck.. because they do it EVERY year... including this year.. and last year.. and the year before and .... and they usually go deep into the playoffs which means they win at least some playoff games. That means against good teams Meadow... not teams like the JV Jets. 

True the Pats have weaknesses. Some of that is due to injury... But they are not perfect. ANd in this rebuilding period (one year getting 2 tackles, one year 2 RBs, 2 TEs, 3 WRs, etc) they replenish and build a deeper team that remains highly competative.

Heck girl, last week they beat Manning after spotting him 24 points!!!!!! and that was no fluke. They always beat Manning when the weather gets into the 30s. ANd their ability to come back like that was demonstrated last year agaisnt a GREAT SF D and again this week on the road V houston. And this is while develpoing 3 rookie WRs and using a THIRD STRING OT. No small matters there Meadow. 

Its ok not to like the Pats. But when you understand that footbaLL IS NOT a fantasy sport nor based on name recognition or popularity contest, nor - as the Jets are , based on how much hot air they can let out before during or after a game... but on good hard and smart play and coaching... well, then you will appreciate how the Pats under BB are perhaps to team to most admire.

Anyway, you ought to check out the thread on the Jets.. Its  a long one but full of laughs. And considering the day, the month, the year, the decade , the last 20 years, the 40 years(!) the jets are having it might give you some lighthearted entertainment.

Anyway, dont foget to read your Cliff notes for Football GFs. It will help you follow the games and maybe apppreciate waht makes a good player, a good coach and a good team.

Too da LOO...

Sections
Shortcuts