The Official 2010 Patriots Offseason Threat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

The Official 2010 Patriots Offseason Threat

Personally, they have to take a "clean house" approach.

Start by cutting Maroney, Morris and Taylor.  Time to either trade up and get a big name rookie back, or go out and sign/trade for someone.  This team hasn't had a halfway descent RB since Dillon.

Get rid of Springs and Bodden.  Go after a solid, respectable veteren CB.  Butler will eventually improve and they have some other pieces to work with.

The O-Line is much overrated.  Not sure where to start with that but fix it.

Cut Sam Aiken.  Bring in a respectable reciever that can compliment Moss and Eddelmen.

Cut Mathew Slater and pay him to leave the league altogether.  He's a pathetic excuse of a professional football player and deserves nothing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Re: The Official 2010 Patriots Offseason Threat

Anyone who criticises is a banwagon fan; a troll.  Consider adopting the forum line and mentioning how luck the Ravens were; how the Pats would have won it all had they not had such a bad day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

BTown,

stop.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

need to find a solid back up QB, and yes it may be time to let Moss go, and go back to 'nobody recievers", and overhaul the running backs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

You can't criticize Moss in any of this.  The way Brady played today it's surprising that anyone had catches.  Moss is the key to the offense and if you give him up you better be bringing someone just as good in his place.  Moss made Welker and Moss/Welker made Brady.  NOT the other way around.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmfpatpatriot7575. Show jmfpatpatriot7575's posts

Andy Gresh just said on the radio is that the Pats need to get a LB group that has balls.. When the Pats were on top,, they played hardnosed football. I felt better last year when they didnt make the playoffs,, Last years team really started to click at the end of the season.. This season was like a rollercoaster with alot of downs...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I'll agree Brady stunk it up today, he played with no fire. Watching Faulk on the side lines trying to get the team motivated surprised me. Brady should have been been the one doing that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

You can't criticize Moss in any of this.

Actually, one cannot criticise anything about the team.  Otherwise, one is deemed bandwagon, troll, etc...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

"Moss/Welker made Brady"....

Apparently you started watching the Patriots in 2007.  Wow.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The #1 need is a RB.  A big RB that can help control the clock.

The team needs to go back to the style of offense that won SBs.  That starts with a Big RB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

First: 7/26/2008
    Last: 1/10/2010
    Anyone who criticises is a banwagon fan; a troll.  Consider adopting the forum line and mentioning how luck the Ravens were; how the Pats would have won it all had they not had such a bad day.

First: 8/24/2009
    BTown,

stop.
    The difference between the '09 Colts and the '07 Patriots is that the '07 Patriots had the GUTS to go for 19-0."
    -Tedy Bruschi

I agree. Seriously, you need to stop!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

New and effective Offensive and Defensive Coordinaters.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNS14. Show RSNS14's posts

The Patriots were beat up. Brady hurt. Moss hurt. Welker hurt. That's the first reason they lost. 2nd thing is they need somebody on that team that can get people riled up. Playing like a bunch of stiffs out there today with little emotion. 
    Last, there was just some bad luck out there today as well. 2 perfect passes by Brady that were bumped and then intercepted.

I still think this team has a great core just a few tweaks here and there and they can be a legitimate contender. Let's be honest guys, this season was over after losing to the Dolphins.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

^^I'll agree we need a couple yoong stud running backs like Rice.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrisPatsFan. Show KrisPatsFan's posts

Cut Moss?  Yeah - that makes sense.  Lets cut our injured star WR so then, we only have 1 decent WR on our team - Elderman.  At best, Welker won't be back until October and that is best case.  We need Moss.  And, then we need to sign Brandon Marshall, Boldin or Branch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

If your blaming 81 than you are an uneducated fan to say the least. Some(me) would call you a moron. Does he pass-run block, this guy has no help at rec at all. Thats including Welker, im sorry catch all the balls you want, I want someone who can put 6 on the board. Not to mention we have no help at tight end either. We need a tight end that actually goes over the middle. Maybe a Sceffhler, along with Marshell and Breaston. Getting 2 of those guys would remake our rec core. Blaming 81 is just stupid, he clearly has at least 3-4 more yrs of at 1100 and 12 td's. Cant come up with a orginal thought like how our two-gap scheme isnt working well at all or the flip-flop identity of our O, so you say them same thing as that dog$hit sandwhich that is the Mazz/Felger show.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Now might be a good time to extend Brady's contract for less than $20 million a year.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

SoxPats....    so, if they CLEAN HOUSE.. be willing to accept a similar season because it takes a while to build into the type of team you are expecting.  Wipe 2007 out of your memory banks, as well as the SB teams of '01, '03, '04 and the rest.  There is pain in rehab!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

First: 8/6/2009
    Well, where to start?  There are so many things wrong with this team it's going to be difficult to figure out where to start.  It's inevitable, but I think we need to get, in this order:
    -  A "no kiddin'" pass rusher.
    -  A difference maker in the secondary (and I admit, a stronger pass rush would be the first place to start).  Either way, we have absolutely nobody in the secondary that strikes the fear in opposing QBs and WRs.  The fact that we can't pressure the QB to save our souls only makes this facet of our ineptitude stand out more glaringly.
    -  A new offensive coordinator, because our predictable offensive play calling this year yielded just 1 real away victory and an absolute butt whoppin' in the playoffs.
    -  An utter overhaul of the special teams, from the coach to each and every player on it.
    -  A receiver:  Welker is out for most of next season - without him, Moss is an absolute non entity.  Even with him, most defensive coordinators just double Moss and let Welker make his catches - an alarming number of which ARE NOT for TDs.  Yes, he moves the chains, but with 120+ catches, how many were for TDs - less than 5?  Unacceptable.
    -  Tight ends that can both block and pass catch.  Watson, besides an occasional display of proficiency just can't get the job done.
    -  RB:  how about we cease with having old men try to make headway and actually invest the time and finances in a young back with promise.  Hint:  Maroney isn't that guy unless you value fumbling at the absolutely worse time.  Trade or draft a decent runner with some receiving skills.  Absent of that, we'll go nowhere because opposing defensive coordinators don't have to worry about a strong running game.
    -  Clock/time-out and play review ability.  The entire season, we absolutely stunk at time-out management and whoever is making the decisions to waste time-outs on reviews that are no-brainers not going to be overturned should be shown the exit door.  Unfortunately, I think the majority of this is on BB - despite the blasphemy - he is NOT GOOD at this and NEEDS TO IMPROVE!
    -  WR:  lose Moss - yes, he had a good year, but he absolutely disappears when you need him most.  I think he was suffering an injury, but double him (and absent Welker) and you basically shut down the Pats' passing game.  Remember when TB won with "nobody receivers?"  Have we won it all with Moss?  He's a first ballot HOF'er, but he's not the difference between being good enough to make the playoffs and actually winning a SB.  And yes, I'm expecting to get skewered for this - so bring it!

My post, taken in its entirity may be viewed as negative, and that's good because that was my intent.  That said, I trust our organizational leadership to recognize that we need to improve big-time and take the necessary steps to do just that.  We had a great run!  Ravens deserved to win today no question.  But given the realities of an uncapped year upcoming, and the overall shift of power in the NFL, we either choose paths to bring us back to the top, or we show the rest of the NFL that we're comfortable with having won three SBs.  As a fan of this team, I hope Kraft, BB, and the brain trust get really PO'd and decide to unleash hell on the NFL next year.

Makes sense

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

the Patriots need AN OFFENSIVE coordinator!!! Ray Lewis said it I Know everything Brady is going to do!!!  Westwood broadcasters--they ve got to come up with plays to get Moss open!!!!!  It's not a secret that the play calling stinks!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichicksDisciples7. Show BelichicksDisciples7's posts

moss/welker made brady? HAHA. Brady won 3 super bowls without the superstars at the receiving position. can somebody please tell me how many he has won with welker and moss? that's right, 0. you are an idiot, stop posting.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Plenty of proven-talent we can go after this year. Marshell, Walter, Breaston, Sceffhller, D Ryans/Rudd that can mosdef help the Backers. Everyone is saying we need help at olb, very true, but getting someone in the draft is very risky. We need as much help at ilb and a 34 end as much as anything. Rudd or Ryans, both are absolute studs and leaders. Both are machines, and both are a needed position on this team. Mayo needs someone who has more talent and skills or just as much as he has. And again losing Sey really hurt us, this guy was one of the best 34 ends to ever play.

I knew it would take until 5 minutes after the game for losers to start blaming 81, who else has put up any points the last 3 years.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Forget Marshall! I say they go after Boldin. I mean seriously make a legitimate effort to sign Boldin.

"Door" Matt and his twin brother Kaczualty have got to go!
    Sammy Morris, Fred Taylor, & Baloney Maroney need to follow.
    Leanne Bodden, Springs, Seau, Wilhite, Wheatley, Burgess. Get rid of these clowns.

Anyone else?