The Official 2010 Patriots Offseason Threat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joncort2. Show joncort2's posts

Re: The Official 2010 Patriots Offseason Threat

Moss has no heart and BB and Brady only defended him earlier in the season to try to play a little reverse psyc on him.  If they agreed with the popular opinion then there would have been no hope of him playing hard for them again.  Thomas, Moss, the OC, and Pees should be asked to pack up before leaving the stadium today....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Hating on 81 is taking the stupid and easy way out. And if not for the Def's, 12 has no SB. Hes a great QB, but sorry you could have put 5 different QB's on those teams and the result would be the same.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

If they agreed w/ popular opinion they'd be as dumb as you!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

And Boldin, you serious? Great when healthy, but hes looking for a big deal, you wanna pay 8-9 mill a year to someone who gives you 12 games a year?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

First: 10/18/2009
    Last: 1/10/2010
    Rod - I'm with ya on dumping those clowns.  I like the idea of bringing in Boldin too (forget TO or Marshal).

What about a FA corner????
    I can't think of anybody but Ty Law, but since the fountain of youth does not exist, I can't think of anybody.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Maybe Robinson hes pretty good, but only if you keep Bodden. Pointless to give up one for the other.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Iraq steve implying 81 was good in 07 because of Welk/Stallworth might be one of the dumbest things Ive heard all day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Offseason, what a horrible word.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrisPatsFan. Show KrisPatsFan's posts

Moss hasn't done anything without Welker because he was doubled teamed since we had no other WRs.  Not to mention he was injured all season.  Welker only had the success he did because Moss drew double coverage every game.  What would Welker have done without Moss - we don't know because Moss played all season despite injuries..

The Patriots should focus less on saving money and more on saving their own talent. They "saved" money by not signing Gaffney and instead signed Greg Lewis and Galloway.  Be loyal to your own talent not other team's cast-offs.

We need to sign a 3rd WR not get rid of our #1 WR.  It makes no sense to get rid of Moss

Kris:  have you considered what we could gain with the money saved by cutting Moss?  I know that's "out of the box thinking," especially since Welker won't be playing for the majority of the season next year, however, absent paying Moss, perhaps we could pay for other (maybe not the potential "home run" variety), but possession guys that bring us better value than Moss.  Consider:  what has Moss done without Welker?  Answer - not a thing.  Consider, would a better, more impactful RB and a solid receiver (less than Moss but better than the average bear) be a better use of offensive resources?  If we could stop other teams (i.e., spending money on pass rushers, DBs, LB's, etc.) would that not make up for the loss of a guy who can't reach expected norms sans Welker?  Perhaps, perhaps not - I say, let's give it a try, because at the end of the day Brady, Taylor, Morris, Faulk, and Watson (worthless IMO) aren't getting any younger and Moss, as good as he is, hasn't been a difference maker in the grand scheme of things (i.e., no SBs).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrisPatsFan. Show KrisPatsFan's posts

Actually, I would like to see the Pats trade some of their picks for proven veteran talent on defense.  With Brady 32 and Moss 34, I don't think we have to time to watch 6 players mature - we need some players that can make a difference now before the window of opportunity runs out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Burn it down and start over. ( TD Green Bay )

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

Look at the QB position. It's Bledsoe II with the picks and fumbles in big games. Always big stats then plays lousy when it counts. Geez maybe it was the cameras since Brady has looked incredibly confused all season. Embarassing! The new Pats streak is Brady 0-2 in the last 2 playoff games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrisPatsFan. Show KrisPatsFan's posts

TO be clear, I am not saying old veterans but finding some just coming out of his rookie contract like Asante - someone proven but still in the prime of his career.  Just one or two players would make a huge difference.  They expected to much of a leadership role from Mayo and Merriweather this year.  I would even be happy if they signed Seymour.  And, they need to sign VInce Wolkfork to a deal.

Kris, I hear ya on the veteran talent - but I'm also sick of seeing an old defense too.  They have some youth to them now and that could be the right direction.

But you are correct about the window of opportunity with Brady and Moss.  That said - if the Vikes win it all this season with a 40 yr old Favre... is that the blue print for Brady in 3-5 years????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

So if the Pats were to trade Brady who would take his place? Hoyer? Jimmy Clausen? Sam Bradford? Trust me, none of those guys would be able to do what Brady does. Brady has been (to his standards) inconsitent this season, only a fool wouldn't see that. But to say that he plays lousy when it counts and that he relied on cameras is even more foolish. You seem to forget that he was the reason that they won three Super Bowls and have appeared in four this decade.

That said, I expect the Pats to focus mainly on the line of scrimmage this season, as that is where championship teams are built. They need help at DE, particularly the spot the Seymour used to occupy, and at OG, as Neal has struggled at times this season. I also expect Belichick to explore some possibilities at receiver, as there are some free agents and draft picks that match up with our need for a 3rd reciever. I personally want them to hold back on drafting a RB this season, as a fellow named Mark Ingram could be in next year's draft, a draft in which we may potentially have a top ten pick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

"Look at the QB position. It's Bledsoe II with the picks and fumbles in big games. Always big stats then plays lousy when it counts."

This nicely sums up Payton's career.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

SoxPatsCelts1988:

Your first three opinions were good....after that ...... just emotion I think.   Aiken and Slater are simply football players caste into positions they aren't ready for.  

They need to address defense this offseason and EVALUATE as whether the development or lack thereof....is attributable to the turnover and youth or to talent and lack thereof.  I'm no expert, so I don't know.  

I'm not a Maroney fan.  They need a 2nd WR (Edelman will assume the slot next year while Welker rehabs and perhaps misses the entire year). 

I agree that OL is overrated.  But not the biggest concern, they drafted Vollmer a huge find....they could use one more find there. 

I thought Bodden played ok.  Not bad not great.  Don't know if I'd pay him though.  At some point the draft picks (at CB) have to emerge.  CB is a huge need on this team (as much as the pass rush).  Spend $$$ on the pass rsuh as that more quickly improves the DB coverage.

I don't agree with the poster wanting to get rid of the special teams coach.  Come on.   Besides, just looking at today......they special teams was 1/2 their offense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

we need skill players first and foremost

1 RB
    2 WR
    3 CB
    4 DE/passrusher
    5. OL

we need a lot of help everywhere - no trading dumb/down this draft

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Spiller is the running back, but he will be gone before 22, and BB won;t trade up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Um... Maybe I should have clarified even thought I assumed it was obvious.  As far as this year goes, Moss and Welker MADE Tom Brady.  Not the other way around.  Brady was awful this year lets face it.  I don't want to hear injuries as an excuse either.  There are very few if not no other wide receivers in the game that get the defensive attention that Moss draws.  Therefore, Moss makes Wes Welker great.  Tom Brady of 09 was not anything close to the Tom Brady of previous years.  If anything, the receiving core saved this season.  ANYBODY that criticizes Moss for today is straight up retarded. 

Biggest faults on this years team:

#1.  The Play of the Defense overall
    #2.  A pitiful running game
    #3.  Poor play from Brady

The receivers are at the end of this list because they did their job.  (Sam Aiken does have to go though)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Everyone can be had. Aside from Brady, Mayo, Merriweather, edelman nobody should be above the axe if something nice comes along.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Oh and Vollmer. Guyton cant play in the middle.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrisPatsFan. Show KrisPatsFan's posts

I disagree - This should read aside from Brady, Wilfork and Mayo.  Edelman and Merriweather not so much.   Troy Brown retired and we replaced him with Welker.  Welker goes down and Elderman steps up.  Wilfork is more imporant than Edelman and Merriweather.

Everyone can be had. Aside from Brady, Mayo, Merriweather, edelman nobody should be above the axe if something nice comes along.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Krispat are u kidding mem what has Moss done w/out Welker. How about everything, I mean its much easier to build a rec core around 81 than 83. First off Welker hasnt done chit w/out Moss, u kidding me? Moss has performed everywhere he has gone, even in Oak 1008-8, thats the dumbest thing anyone has said all day, Moss has been a consistant star while Wes has had 3 good seasons w/out getting in the endzone. Really think for a second before you spew nonsense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Krispats , Moss hasnt done anything w/out Welk, u kidding me?

Sections
Shortcuts