The official let Welker walk thread...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: The official let Welker walk thread...

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

How did getting rid of Randy Moss cost the Patriots a Super Bowl?

You need to come around a little boreMore and start paying attention.  They missed the playoffs because Brady was out.  They lost in the Wild Card Round because Welker was out.  See, the thing is had the kept Moss in 2010 it was Super Bowl City.. Back to back to back even!!  They had Welker for the short to mid field, Moss for the deep field, Gronk and Hernandez.. this was the Patriots dream team from Brady's perspective.  So many choices, Brady would have been like a kid in a candy store.  The field would have been wide open.  Once Moss left the Pats did pretty good until the Jets realized that there was no deep threat so they cut the field in half and played all the short stuff.  No need to worry about anything deep... Moss was gone!  Had Moss stayed it would have been glorious!!  With this offense you need threats for the 3 areas of the field, D cant cover everything.  So since Moss left there was no deep threat!  Playing with a limited field, easier to stop the passing attack!  Plain and simple!! 

I totally agree that they need a deep threat. They need a big physical receiver who can catch a ball over some one in traffic. Gronk is the only player on the offense who creates a physical mismatch versus defenders.

The only thing I disagree is that Randy Moss would have been the answer in 2010, 2011 or 2012. He had checked out on this team, and was done. I think his output since shows that he is not that guy anymore (and he has not been for some time). 

Now, if you want to say not replacing him with a guy capable of playing that role, I completely agree with you.  The mistake was not getting rid of Moss, it was think you could replace him with Branch, Ochocinco and Lloyd.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Moss did not show up for any of the playoff games.

Well, other than showing up to score what would have been the winning TD in the '07 SB if the D didn't collapse. Astonishingly, he didn't drop it.

In four playoff games with the Patriots he had 12 catches for 148 yards and 1 TD. Not great for a guy who averaged nearly 80 yards and a TD per game in the regular season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

I love Wes, but I want to use the $11 mm to win the Super Bowl ... not to keep around buddies ... TB12 needs a top gun deep threat 6 foot something WR. Plus Pats NEED a shutdown corner ... sign Talib!  The other FA CBs out there are uninspiring ...

Move Hernandez to #1 slot and Elelman as back-up slot guy. Let's face it Herny can't block .. he is a TE in name only.  Next year Pats will have 3 solid TEs - Gronk+ Ballard+ Hooman. 3 are enough.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Moss did not show up for any of the playoff games.

Well, other than showing up to score what would have been the winning TD in the '07 SB if the D didn't collapse. Astonishingly, he didn't drop it.

In four playoff games with the Patriots he had 12 catches for 148 yards and 1 TD. Not great for a guy who averaged nearly 80 yards and a TD per game in the regular season.

Yup. But he didn't drop it when the Lombardi was on the line. Wes did.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to CanadianPat's comment:

I love Wes, but I want to use the $11 mm to win the Super Bowl ... not to keep around buddies ... TB12 needs a top gun deep threat 6 foot something WR. Plus Pats NEED a shutdown corner ... sign Talib!  The other FA CBs out there are uninspiring ...

Move Hernandez to #1 slot and Elelman as back-up slot guy. Let's face it Herny can't block .. he is a TE in name only.  Next year Pats will have 3 solid TEs - Gronk+ Ballard+ Hooman. 3 are enough.

$11 mil for a smurf that has butterfingers when it matters most isn't a real bargain.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Worst thread since the 'Good Riddance Randy Moss" thread a few years back.  Please remind me how that worked out for the Pats.  I remember many people here liked that move!  You understand it cost the Patriots a SB.. or Two!!  Now these let Welker go threads keep coming up.  I can see it now, Welker leaves the Pats, the offense struggles and you people post more threads crying about how bad the offense looks and how they can't get another Super Bowl.  It's never ending!

Amen brother!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to jam757's comment:

Worst thread since the 'Good Riddance Randy Moss" thread a few years back.  Please remind me how that worked out for the Pats.  I remember many people here liked that move!  You understand it cost the Patriots a SB.. or Two!!  Now these let Welker go threads keep coming up.  I can see it now, Welker leaves the Pats, the offense struggles and you people post more threads crying about how bad the offense looks and how they can't get another Super Bowl.  It's never ending!

I agree with many of your posts but this is a bad analogy. Moss had completely worn out his welcome in NE and brought his BAD attitude to Minnesota and Tennessee where he was a complete BUST. I thank the guy for what he did here but it was time for Moss to go. He was acting childish and silly with his post game antics and being mostly INVISIBLE on the field. Look, I want them to keep Welker some way some how but I don't see the Pats outbidding other teams. Pats fans will soon find out how important he is to this offense.

Could he have been acting that way because the Patriots were playing their Patriots games and refused to extend his contract?  Moss begged to get his contract extended, the Patriots wouldn't and then we seen how they took him out of the game plans.  Then Moss wanted to come back and they signed Ocho instead.  Kind of sounds like what they tried to do to Welker this season.  Man, you would have thought they would have learned a lesson there.  Maybe they will bring Ocho back to play Welkers position.  Or better yet... put Edelman there.  Lord help us!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I totally agree that they need a deep threat. They need a big physical receiver who can catch a ball over some one in traffic. Gronk is the only player on the offense who creates a physical mismatch versus defenders.

The only thing I disagree is that Randy Moss would have been the answer in 2010, 2011 or 2012. He had checked out on this team, and was done. I think his output since shows that he is not that guy anymore (and he has not been for some time). 

Now, if you want to say not replacing him with a guy capable of playing that role, I completely agree with you.  The mistake was not getting rid of Moss, it was think you could replace him with Branch, Ochocinco and Lloyd.

See my post above why Moss checked out on the team.  He wanted a contract extension, the Pats wouldn't do it and all hell broke loose.  Moss was begging for an extension!

Moss was the best available option at the time the signed Ocho.  Moss had been working out like crazy, he was ready!  Reports are they would sign Moss for a year, he wanted more and so they signed Ocho.  Even if Moss wasn't the deep threat of 2007, he still had the deep threat reputation, teams would have had to play him for the deep ball opening all the short and mid field. 

Now if they can find a solid deep threat who defenses fear with the deep ball then I'm all for it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

$11 mil for a smurf that has butterfingers when it matters most isn't a real bargain.

You keep bringing this up but have never provided a legit name who can take his spot.  You can Bash Welker all you want, you can say the Pats don't need him all they want but you can't provide a a legit replacement.  Who are you going to put there?  I need a good laugh so please, please tell me who your choice is!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

I Hate To Say It Team Loss All Around, Not Just 1 Or 2 Players......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to CanadianPat's comment:

Hernandez??? Hahahaha!  Are you kidding me?  Hernandez cant run the routes Welker can!  Hernandez can't get open like Welker can!  Hernandez gets hit a good pop and he is scared the rest of the game.  Plus Hernandez is injury prone!  Plus Hernandez drops the ball twice as much as Welker.   Hernandez does not have the hands for this position!  And Edelman??? Oh dear, write this team off already if these are your answers!!  Edelman can't get seperation and get open like Welker can. Edelman can't catch a deep ball.  Edelman drops more then Welker.  Edelman can't stay on the field.

WOW!  just WOW!!  This is getting sad!!

Sections
Shortcuts