The Official Randy Moss Appreciation Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: The Official Randy Moss Appreciation Thread

Moss does too much for the offense to just let him go. He helps the other receivers, TEs and RBs too much. Even though Brady missed him twice on a long ball he still had 65 yards. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Take care of Randy now....

Moss makes everyones job a lot easier, especially for Tom, who we are now fortunae to have for an additional 4 years....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

In Response to Re: The Official Randy Moss Appreciation Thread:
    In Response to Re: The Official Randy Moss Appreciation Thread : The problem is nobody seems to understand what Randy is saying. 1. He came out and said what he said today, because he wanted to clarify his feelings and get all this nonsense out of the way, because as he said he does not want to be still talking about this later in the season. 2. He wants to play here. I think it is very clear Randy is upset because he thinks he is going to have to go elsewhere and he does not want to do that. That being said if the Pats offer a him a respectable contract I hope he does not take it. So many people seem to think he just wants another big payday. Sounds to me if the Pats come to him now he will take less, however if they wait until he is a free agent he will feel disrespected and look elsewhere. Sort of like they did when he signed his current contract. Word was he was offered more to go to Phili. 3. He wants to make it clear he does not quit and will not be quitting on the Pats. So hopefully all the media and negative fans will shut up.
    Posted by Brady2Moss07

THIS is what should be cut & pasted to all those media idiots, fake Pats fans & anyone else who is so dumb to see the truth in what Randy was saying!

I completly understood what Randy was saying & why he said it when he did.  I actually first saw it a article on Yahoo Sports (when I checked my e-mail) & read the Headline & read the article.  Once again, this article didn't divulge what was actually said by Randy, other than saying that it was wrong of him to speak about his contract after a win like the Pats had & that he is selfish for doing so.

Then I read the trascript & saw the highlight on NFL Network & completely understood what Randy was trying to say.  I disagree with Dion Sanders comment that it really meant Randy said he wants to get paid, BUT Sanders did point out that to this point Randy has done EVERYTHING asked of him in New England & does deserve to be compensated for it.

RANDY...you are awesome & VERY appreciated by this fan!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

I'm very sympathetic to Randy here and hope the Krafts will work out a contract extension him.  That's all he's asking for.  I was listening to the commentary after the presser on 98.5 and Gary Tangway (sp?) just made me sick with his comments.  What a jerk!  Randy obviously doesn't want to leave and he doesn't want to wait until week 10 to find out if he's getting a contract or not.  He wants some action now, and I don't blame him - he could be the next guy who gets hit by some idiot running a red light.  You go on Randy -- we're with you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from floodgate. Show floodgate's posts

Thanks Chromatic 8 and shenanigan for such great posts on this matter.
    The enormous production, the  highlight catches that we probably don't understand all the difficulty of making, the unseen clearing out of the secondary so someone else gets free, the blocking...clearly Randy Moss over the last 3 years has been a star performer and vital for the New England Patriots.
    He is so meaningful to the team obviously, but also to us, the fans.
    For the Pats to have a chance in the playoffs, it would be reasonable to think that the presence of Moss is needed.
    Everyone in this business must surely have an ego and much pride somewhere, including management, staff, coaches, players. As fans, we hope that there can be some forgiveness, understanding, and rising above pride, hurt feelings, and other emotions now being overemphasized by the media so that we can have a united team.  We, the fans, hope that we are not forgotten in this. 
    We go to the games or watch half a continent away on TV, because New England has built such a great organization.  No one wants to see red herrings, side issues overtake the the true goals of the football team. 
    We all appreciate the work the team and the Kraft family has done.
    But I must say this: while we don't know what goes on "backstage", when wealthy people, people with money the likes we will never know, have issues of face or pride, they can make or not make decisions that affect many others they may never see face to face.  We hope they remember that they affect us, the fans.
    Wishing everyone a great season-we are off to a great start.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Randy we love you!

Dont read that trash that Gasper writes and these other guys say. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

"Straight cash, homie."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I love the guy and hope he plays a few more years and retires a Patriot

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhb2. Show jhb2's posts

Now that Randy has gotten that off his chest, Solomon, one wise mo' fo' till the 1000 women derailed him, had this to say to those given to loquaciousness: "He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from troubles" -- Proverbs 21:23.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I loved Moss before we got him, was thrilled when we got him and love him even more now.  Please sign him, There must be at least 10 teams just waiting for him to become a free agent. Maybe Brady could give back some of that garanteed bonus to keep him here.

We are the "real" fans that Moss mentioned during his rant.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MonsterFan. Show MonsterFan's posts

Sign Randy!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

A couple of reasons to Give Moss a deal as long as the numbers are reasonable.

#1)  The Pats knew that this is Moss' personality type when they traded for him. He's a little over-sensitive, insecure and high Maintenance. Some players have to be treated a little differently to keep them happy and I see no reason why the Pats Management can't give the guy a pat on the back and say, "If you want a couple more years, let's work something out". This isn't about about Kowtowing to his demands.It's about keeping a superstar happy who deserves to be happy. He hasn't done anything wrong since he's been here, he's only helped create one of the most explosive offenses in the last few decades.

#2) This isn't a guy who makes trouble in the locker room like Adalius Thomas did. You can see that Belichick, Brady and the other guys on this team not only like him but they respect him and his ability. It's blatantly obvious on the sidelines when you see Brady Talking to him.
    This offense has a good chance to duplicate the numbers that they put up in 2007 but not if we don't have Moss on board. For that matter, looking forward we could also be devastating next year.
    Take the money you were going to give to Mankins and give it to Moss for a couple years!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

OK MR Kraft - Brady is behind us now (contract-wise)  - LET"S Take care of RANDY NOW!!!
    HE Is TOOOOOOO Important to this Offense!  Just 'extend' him for a couple more years and make sure TOM BRADY has his MAIN TOY (legit #1 WR) on this Team!!  Make it work!

GO PATS

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

Without Randy .....Gonzalez does not make that 45 yard catch at the beginning.

Multiply that times 100 and that will give you his yearly impact without even catching a pass!! lol   Dramatic....but close to being true.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

He's a big part of our offense. I wish they would just sign him, he deserves it.

I wish Randy would read this too!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

it was a bit of a rant but all he said was that he wa sonly going to talk abut his contract this one time so he got it out of the way, i have no doubt he will play his butt off this yeay hopefully he sticks around

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Randy! I've always loved you. You know that!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

Randy Moss is still one of the best there is, and of all time! Period...... Kraft, don't let him walk. Give him a damn hug and pay him please!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Randy Moss is not here to raise your kids.  He would and has been the first to admit that he is not the brightest bulb in the box and isn't always as articulate as one would like but he is paid to play football.

Randy Moss is "The Waterboy," a huge talent who should be judged on his play on the field.  Sign the man to an extension Krafty, there is no upgrade over Randy Moss...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

Randy is one of the best to ever play his position;  however, he needs to stop destroying himself in the media and just play ball.  He sealed his way out of Foxborough with his comments yesterday and put himself in the same class as Manny Ramirez.  It is a shame.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozfree79. Show ozfree79's posts

I've heard all I want to hear out of Moss after the press conference yesterday. I don't care if he is working his tail off! So is the rest of the roster! I, as a pats fan and a fan of TEAM have zero tolerance for BS like what he spewed yesterday totally taking away from the beatdown win making it all about HIM. He pi$$ed in everyone elses wheaties to make his taste better.

Look, he is unhappy when he wins and unhappy when he loses. This is obvious. I say CUT HIM! He is only going to become a destraction and a cancer in the locker room. We can win without him. If I remember correctly we have 3 rings without him. Brady has done so much more with so much less. 3 Rings is MUCH MORE EXCITING than a bomb to Moss. There's my 10 cents. My 2 cents is free. Sorry to spoil your thread. Consider it a reality check.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

There is no added value in talking about how Randy Moss has been one of the top two or three receivers of all time. You can make a case for him being the most dangerous as well. What you can add here is how, last year, when hurt, he kept playing, kept producing, kept doing everything that he was physiclaly capable of. And through his injuries he was one of the top producing receivers in the league yet again. In spite of injury. Last year we heard Radio Yaps as well as fans denegrate him. They didnt know he was playing hurt. Turns out the Yaps and some fans were way off base. Have there been any apologies? For those of you, especially those Paid to Yap on the radio as well as in print, where is your apology? Are you not man enough?

Back to Randy Moss - He is the most valuable player on this team besides Tom Brady. He remains the most dangerous receiver in the league. He is to an offense what Revis is to a defense. Except that he actually puts the points on the board whereas Revis just helps keep them off. He is now the most important player to sign.

A word about Dan Shaunnesy's article about Moss' "rant". Mr. S. - your article is the rant. To characterize Randy Moss as being anything other than a team player does not respect the effort he puts in. NOt past tense, present tense. Do you see him sitting out? Do you see him giving any less than 100% on the field or in prep? NO. And he teammates back that up. Saying he wants to be offered a contract doesn't undermine the team. Not when his words help inspire the team. Not when his prep inspires the team. Not when his play inspires the team. There has been talk about how some 'leaders' on this team lead by example. WELL... Who leads any better by example than Randy Moss? Who played through an injury - and produced at the very highest levels? Who, while wanting a new contract, didnt hold out, didnt even threaten to hold out. Come on Mr S and all you other sports "commentators". Give him his due. Yes Welkers recovery is a testament to both his body and his tenacity. But he is no more a team player and no more complete in his preparation or play than Randy Moss. Yet you find a need to compare them as if you will show Randy Moss left wanting. In spite of this sort of out-of-the-side-of-your-mouth 'commentary' Randy Moss stacks up to any measure. He has been the Tom Brady of receivers. Not just on this team but in the league. Give the guy his due.

And I would add a word to the Pats brass - consider all this and the fact that he  generates wins and revenue by making Tom Brady and the entire offense better.

Hoping you get a new contract and wishing you the best Randy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MonsterFan. Show MonsterFan's posts

www.bostonherald.com/blogs/news/messenger/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/randy-moss.jpg" alt="" />

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from priest1972. Show priest1972's posts

Great thread.

I'm tired of seeing the vocal minority being understood as having the general fan's impressions of a player/coach/situation.

We been lucky in the New England area, to have had players that are superstars, both in on field preformance as well in personallity. Randy more than fits the bill.

I hope to hear he signs for 3 or 4 more years soon.

True fans love to love Randy Moss!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

Sign him now! Is there a more important contract you can think of??

Sections
Shortcuts