The Official Randy Moss Appreciation Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MonsterFan. Show MonsterFan's posts

The Official Randy Moss Appreciation Thread

We do live in a cynical world, Randy. The Boston media and ESPN are all about feeding the 24/7 cycle they need to sell commercials (thanks Captain Obvious!)Sorry about that.  I don't think you are crazy and you have become one of my favorite Patriots.   A bomb to Randy Moss is the most exciting play in all Sports!  If it were up to me, I'd have you retire a Pat. The things you say are repeated as distortions of what you said or meant.  We all know that.  

If you'd like to be cynical, please post a comment elsewhere.  If you want to post some praise to Randy....this is "the place". 

Getting back to cynicism, I don't expect this to work but it would be kind of cool if it did and for Randy to read it throughout the season.  He may even repay us with a few hundred yard 2 TD games.  Is it that hard to say something positive in this town?  There's nobody better at his position in the game right now and a talent like Randy may come along once every 10-20 years.  Randy, keep the faith Bro!  This is your thread.  Moderators....please eliminate the negative comments (yeah right!). 
    Remember, “Don’t Playah Hate, con-gra-tu-late!”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: The Official Randy Moss Appreciation Thread

He played a decent game.  Loved the catches over the middle.  I understood what he was saying in the transcript, he was upset about them saying he would phone it in, but it didn't help.  Just stick to "good to get a win, hard fought game"  get off the podium, and get out of there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

We love you Randy Moss!

Coming from a fan since you were a Viking... Unbelievable talent... You and Brady are 2 of the greatest to ever play this sport. You could've left for more money but you stayed.. Here's to hoping you spend the rest of your glory days in New England and possibly retire a Patriot.

#81!!

Now Lets Go to Work!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

We would sux without him.  Did everyone see the reason why Hernandez was wide open on that 45 yard gain?  Randy took double coverage.  No one else on this roster can/will do that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Moss got it out there.  He's gonna play out the string, and don't ask him any more this year how he feels about his contract because he's made it it perfectly clear. 

The best thing he can do is play his best and keep his comments short.  Nothing good ever comes when he elaborates.  He has a hard time verbalizing his feelings because people want to twist his words, and the media loves to come in and fill the void where he can't/won't.  He can say he doesn't care what people think about him, but it's clear he does.  So why rant?  Play the game and give game-related quotes and leave the contract stuff alone. 

There are a lot of people that wish him bad, even in NE.  I think it has to do with how he carries himself and his demeanor.  He seems to be aloof.  Doesn't mean he's a bad guy, but it makes him a target.  Long rants like today only exacerbate the media situation.

Randy, play the season and give short quotes.  Don't take the media bait, but carry yourself humbly. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

I understood where Randy was coming from. He might have not chosen the best time or used the right words but listening to WEEI this last week he was getting raked over the coals pretty regularly by both the host and the people calling in. I don't think it would hurt the Pat's one bit to reach out to him and come to some kind of mutual understanding about next year. I also think he will give his best effort for the rest of the year just as he did today.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

He is still a top 5 receiver. He makes Wes Welker who he is. Brady finally has had the past couple years what made Manning so good (Harrison). Brady has had to win superbowls without game changing WR's. Now he has it. We need it to stay.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Give the man a contract now, please.  I want him here as long as Brady is here.  People can argue all they want who the best receiver is but with Brady at QB, Moss is the best in the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

No reason they can't give him a contract now that Tommy's is done.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: The Official Randy Moss Appreciation Thread:
    [QUOTE]We would sux without him.  Did everyone see the reason why Hernandez was wide open on that 45 yard gain?  Randy took double coverage.  No one else on this roster can/will do that.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]
    Yes, I saw that Hernandez catch.  I know there are those who think Moss' value is only in his catches and TD's but you could clearly see during that play that he pulled two defenders with him down the middle and opened up the field for everybody else.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Moss takes 2 players with him on damn near every play. Ask Welker if he likes Moss on the team. He's the biggest beneficiary. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpppc. Show mpppc's posts

Pay the man.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Randy, I was sitting in the bottom corner of the endzone during your first TD catch of your career in the Metrodome. I have loved watching you ever since. To be honest, I like listening to Randy talk. He tells it how it is. While Brady gives you the diplomatich speach, Moss talks as a matter of fact, you know what is on his mind and in his heart and you have to respect that.
    Mr. Kraft, if you read this, get the man a new contract. He deserves it!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MonsterFan. Show MonsterFan's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

[QUOTE]He played a decent game.  Loved the catches over the middle.  I understood what he was saying in the transcript, he was upset about them saying he would phone it in, but it didn't help.  Just stick to "good to get a win, hard fought game"  get off the podium, and get out of there.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]The problem is nobody seems to understand what Randy is saying.

1. He came out and said what he said today, because he wanted to clarify his feelings and get all this nonsense out of the way, because as he said he does not want to be still talking about this later in the season.

2. He wants to play here. I think it is very clear Randy is upset because he thinks he is going to have to go elsewhere and he does not want to do that. That being said if the Pats offer a him a respectable contract I hope he does not take it. So many people seem to think he just wants another big payday. Sounds to me if the Pats come to him now he will take less, however if they wait until he is a free agent he will feel disrespected and look elsewhere. Sort of like they did when he signed his current contract. Word was he was offered more to go to Phili.

3. He wants to make it clear he does not quit and will not be quitting on the Pats. So hopefully all the media and negative fans will shut up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

keep up the good work, Randy!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

[QUOTE]Give the man a contract now, please.  I want him here as long as Brady is here.  People can argue all they want who the best receiver is but with Brady at QB, Moss is the best in the game.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Agreed, unless you can replace him with Larry Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson. Either way, he's still worth an extension similar to what we gave him last time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

All TB has to whisper in BK's ear...  "you got me for at least another 4 + years, give me RM for the same time and we will bring you another Lombardi trophy!!"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chromatic8. Show chromatic8's posts

I joined just to be able to praise Randy Moss because of all the garbage people talk about him without having walked in his shoes. He's one of those rare talents that you find in every field who is so good that it's hard for him or anyone else to gauge how good he really is. When you manage a person like that, you have to give them regular praise and affection because they pull off the miraculous on such a regular basis that it's easy to take him for granted and stop appreciating the accomplishments.  At that point, people treat an outstanding (but not borderline impossible) accomplishment as a letdown when they would do anything to get half that performance out of their other team members. Randy is so far on the right of the talent distribution curve and pushes himself further in that direction with hard work and preparation that I feel honored to be watching any game that he's in, with or without the Pats. 10 years from now, I expect to be watching with my kids and saying "great play but you should have seen back in 201x when Randy did <insert astounding feat here>."

So he's not a saint and he doesn't cater to the media. So what? He works ridiculously hard, overcomes a lot of negativity from people outside the team, struggles with who-knows-what in his personal life and his own head and still comes up a winner. We should be inspired by this to do likewise in our own lives, not to try to tear him down. Every time I hear the few small-minded pinheads on this site make some statement about how he's going to behave or what he's thinking I want to throw up. As long as Moss plays football, I want to see him in a Patriots uniform. If he ever plays for another team against us, I'll be rooting for the Pats... and for Moss.

-c8

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to The Official Randy Moss Appreciation Thread:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks for this thread, Monster!!!

Moss is the man; I am sick of the Boston (or should I say New York) media trying to turn innocuous comments into a major story. So he wants a new contract, big fn deal. The guy showed up to camp, is honoring the old contract, and is working his tail off!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

Oh Pluhhheze, Tito, get me a tissue Im gonna cry, what a big baby this guy is, Boo Hoo! He has to support his family, yeah I guess 9 million dollars a year makes it hard to buy those 20 thousand dollar diamonds in each ear.

Try working like the common man for 10 bucks an hour, then paying 600 dollars for a ticket, then 50 bucks to park, then 50 bucks for food, then hearing your wife scream because you spent all that money to go see millionaire Randy Moss play a game of football, poor old man is 33 and the master Bill B made him work out hard this year. Absolutely PATHETIC and you stooges all fall for it! Oh please Mr. Kraft, just open your pocket book and pay the poor man anything he wants, he has helped the Patriots get, oh wait, he didnt win any Super Bowls lol. Get a life you morons...Go Jets!!! Rex can you beleive these guys? HAHAHAHAHa Rex Ryan is looking good today, I think he lost another 20 lbs, oh no wait that was Randy Moss running down the side line  muahhhahahahahahahah

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Count me in with all the rest who want to see Randy retire as a Patriot...And with a couple of Superbowl rings! Mr. Kraft, with all due respect...Please re-sign Randall Gene Moss, Patriots Nation wants him here

I would also like to point out that some idiot on some network stated that Tom Brady got his contract because he is "younger" than Randy Moss.
    Moss - 02-13-1977
    Brady -08-03-1977
    Wow...approximately 5 months and whatever days...What a big difference! I see why Randy hates the media!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

I hope you can stay Randy. I think you, Tom, and Wes are the best. I also like the new guys Aaron, Gronk, and Alge. Like Julian and Faulk too. Gary Guyton is cool as well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

sign me up, this guy opens up our offense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Oh Pluhhheze, Tito, get me a tissue Im gonna cry... Try working like the common man for 10 bucks an hour, then paying 600 dollars for a ticket, then 50 bucks to park, then 50 bucks for food, then hearing your wife scream because you spent all that money....Posted by MatildaWanna[/QUOTE]

Matilda... I think you wanna be like Moss!!  The fact you are a hard working "common" man who made the decision to spend $600 for a ticket doesn't make you that common after all!  I went to a Ravens pre-season game and the ticket was $90, but, only went cause the ticket was given to me!!  I have better things to spend my $$ on and I have the best seat in front of my flat screen, HD TV.  Quit crying about the players using this ploy.  Come the day you are making millions, you'll want more too!!  Yes, life isn't fair!!

Sections
Shortcuts