The Official Randy Moss Appreciation Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Re: The Official Randy Moss Appreciation Thread

I say a 3 year extension is well worth it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

In Response to Re: The Official Randy Moss Appreciation Thread:
    [QUOTE]I say a 3 year extension is well worth it.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

Really? good you pay him then!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from throwthemout. Show throwthemout's posts

Randy we love you!! Have fun and win a superbowl.
    Contracts are like this!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_YjM4V4fc

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Just so you know Randy all Boston sports writers are idiots who make their living trashing and gossiping and both major newspapers are owned by NY companies.

Couple that with the droves of clueless pink helmet fans the Pats have picked up since they started winning and I can see why you feel unappreciated. But know that the real fans who actually know football support you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MonsterFan. Show MonsterFan's posts

In Response to Re: The Official Randy Moss Appreciation Thread:
    [QUOTE]There is no added value in talking about how Randy Moss has been one of the top two or three receivers of all time. You can make a case for him being the most dangerous as well. What you can add here is how, last year, when hurt, he kept playing, kept producing, kept doing everything that he was physiclaly capable of. And through his injuries he was one of the top producing receivers in the league yet again. In spite of injury. Last year we heard Radio Yaps as well as fans denegrate him. They didnt know he was playing hurt. Turns out the Yaps and some fans were way off base. Have there been any apologies? For those of you, especially those Paid to Yap on the radio as well as in print, where is your apology? Are you not man enough? Back to Randy Moss - He is the most valuable player on this team besides Tom Brady. He remains the most dangerous receiver in the league. He is to an offense what Revis is to a defense. Except that he actually puts the points on the board whereas Revis just helps keep them off. He is now the most important player to sign. A word about Dan Shaunnesy's article about Moss' "rant". Mr. S. - your article is the rant. To characterize Randy Moss as being anything other than a team player does not respect the effort he puts in. NOt past tense, present tense. Do you see him sitting out? Do you see him giving any less than 100% on the field or in prep? NO. And he teammates back that up. Saying he wants to be offered a contract doesn't undermine the team. Not when his words help inspire the team. Not when his prep inspires the team. Not when his play inspires the team. There has been talk about how some 'leaders' on this team lead by example. WELL... Who leads any better by example than Randy Moss? Who played through an injury - and produced at the very highest levels? Who, while wanting a new contract, didnt hold out, didnt even threaten to hold out. Come on Mr S and all you other sports "commentators". Give him his due. Yes Welkers recovery is a testament to both his body and his tenacity. But he is no more a team player and no more complete in his preparation or play than Randy Moss. Yet you find a need to compare them as if you will show Randy Moss left wanting. In spite of this sort of out-of-the-side-of-your-mouth 'commentary' Randy Moss stacks up to any measure. He has been the Tom Brady of receivers. Not just on this team but in the league. Give the guy his due. And I would add a word to the Pats brass - consider all this and the fact that he  generates wins and revenue by making Tom Brady and the entire offense better. Hoping you get a new contract and wishing you the best Randy.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MonsterFan. Show MonsterFan's posts

Great stuff man.  Nobody ever talked about how tough he was to play through all that last year. This is back pain we are talking about here and there he was going downfield and taking hits with mesomorphs twice his size.  I don't recall one complaint!

Why are we even talking about Randy?  There is no story to feed the perpetual sports media cycle by saying "Randy Played Hurt", "Randy was innocent of all charges and the lady made it up", "Randy is a great teammate", “ and....if there is no story, there is no commercial.  And....if there is no commercial....there is no money!  That is why this is a thread to talk about the positives.  So far its gone really well I might add.  Thanks to all the true fans who know the real-deal.  Negativity sells, just look at the shock they try  to sell you at your local checkout.  We live in a cynical, cynical world.  Randy is not the problem here.

To the real fans, thanks and keep the good stuff coming.  To the haters who have to say something negative....you will continue to be ignored in this thread.  Remember, this is a game.  It’s supposed to be fun.  Cheer for your team and enjoy the ride

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think Randy said it best in his press conference after the game..."I take the top off the defense". 

Name me another player on this Patriots roster that can or will be able to do that? Easy, there is no one. Not Tate, not Price, no one. 

The value he brings to this offense is sometimes unquantifiable. It's not solely about catches, TD's, etc. Its also about drawing double teams, opening up the field for other WR's, TE's, RB's and taking the top off the defense. 

I for one want to see Randy retire as a Patriot. Mr. Kraft, please give Randy an extension before the year is out that is fair for both the Pats and Randy. It's obvious he wants to stay, it's obvious that Brady values him more than anything, it's obvious he still has plenty left in the tank and defenses have to respect him. Pay the man. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsTxGrl. Show PatsTxGrl's posts

I appreciate you Randy! If I could see you in person, I would show you just how much with a big fat huggggggg, and a longgggg kissssss!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The man wants to play in New England but he wants to get paid. I don't see what the problem is.
     I'm sorry that Boston athletes have to put up with so many jerk fans.
     If I had my way anyone who mouths off at the local team would get an size 11 attitude adjustment after the game.

Sections
Shortcuts