The Passing of the Torch...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

The Passing of the Torch...

Or should I say "the taking"  I dont think Revis is "passing" anything.

Did anyone see Larry Fitzgerald catching the game winner on Revis Island?? Gave him a sick double move and Revis was toast. On the other side Patrick Peterson had 2 4th quarter picks to seal the game while guarding Vincent Jackson.

Those were 2 prime time matchups. I said here 2 years ago that PP was the heir apparent to Revis when he fell off and now Revis hasnt "fell off" but P.P DID take the Torch yesterday in Exciting fashion and it was great to watch.

Lots of exciting games against yesterday. Every year I say the season gets off to a crazy start and this year has been no different. After 4 weeks its still unclear of what teams may be for real or not. Still lots of inconsistent teams out there. So still a lot of sorting out to do. At 4-0, we cant be any better than we are. I told everyone we will be fine. Adversity builds character and this very young team has grown up fast and is still improving. Playing with guys out is only gonna make us better so Put that Chin up and realize how good of a position we are in.

Browns are looking like they took off after the trade. So much for throwin in the towel. Good Wins by 2 former Pats backups, Cassell and Hoyer! PROPS!

Browns are gonna spoil somebodys plans but they will fade away soon. Chargers are always a handful and will be there to try to ruin someone as well. Danny looks great out there. Joe Haden Completely Locked down A.J. Green. He is the NFLs best kept secret.

A.P. continues to Run like the Night! Wow that guy is special. Bills are looking like a good, young team under E.J. , Have to keep an eye on that.

Titans have been surprisingly good with Locker taking a Big leap. Lets see if they can keep it up and challenge the Texans and Colts for the division.

Seahags were showing a chinc in the armor, but a bonehead call and bad execution had the Sherminator doing his thang again and making people cuss at the Tv! Say what u want, but the guys backs up his big mouth. He won the game for them with that pic 6. So here it is....

AFC - Patriots, Broncos, Colts, Bengals - (Cheifs, Texans) Wild Card

NFC - SeaHags, Cowboys, Saints, Bears -  (Lions, 49ers)Wild Card

Steelers, Bucs, Eagles, Giants, Redskins, Raiders And....Jaguars! _ Stick a Fork in em'

This how I see it so far. Only worries are Denver which I believe we match up well with. The loss of Vince shouldnt be as bad with all these passing teams and Denver is one of them. Im still Riding with my Boys! I told you all we will be fine. Now imagine us at Full Strength??

Any thoughts on the season after 4 weeks , Pats or NFL in general??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: The Passing of the Torch...

Nobody wants to talk football in general? tough crowd on a slow day. Made my type up all that and not one response today!!  lol,   I gotta find the new board that everyone must have run to.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I only saw bits and pieces of the Cincy/cleve game. My question would be is the Cleveland D legit? The Cincy O overrated? or a little bit of both?

Titans have some nice young talent on the offensive side of the ball especially at receiver. the question now becomes can they continue to get the ball to these guys with jake Locker out for an extended period of time? I'm not sure Fitzpatrick is a long term answer. It's to bad because houston and Indy aren't dominate and i think Tenn could have competed for the division had locker not gone down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Fans are peeved about Vince understandable (and to some degree Dobson). It seems like Revis' skills have declined since his injuries; this coupled with the emergence of Sherman and Peterson means he is not worth the money he gets. IMHO smart/physical corners are at a premium: third after QBs and skill position players on O. The way the league is now there has been a significant upswing in DBs taken in the first two rounds. Some of that is skill, but alot is an ungoing defensive adjustment to prevalence of the passing game. The nickel DB is slowly becoming what the situational pass rusher was many years ago. You can't have a defensive weak link in your secondary against some of the potent offenses (Saints, Broncos) and the formations they can put out there. We already had the mythical "shutdown" corner and now teams a looking for that guy or the FS/LB hybrid who can cover the TEs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I was really liking our team until I heard the radio this morning tell me that Vince Wilfork went out with that injury...now? That's a big hole to fill - Vince is the type of guy you need if you're going to win it all...he's an impact defender on a team that is lacking them. I really think this changes things (not in a good way).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I only saw bits and pieces of the Cincy/cleve game. My question would be is the Cleveland D legit? The Cincy O overrated? or a little bit of both?

Titans have some nice young talent on the offensive side of the ball especially at receiver. the question now becomes can they continue to get the ball to these guys with jake Locker out for an extended period of time? I'm not sure Fitzpatrick is a long term answer. It's to bad because houston and Indy aren't dominate and i think Tenn could have competed for the division had locker not gone down.

I think a little of both. Cincy DOES have a legit D. The problem in that game was first off, its a division game. They always play each other tight. The factor was Joe Haden taking out A.J. Green. The other factor is Dalton is still not ready for prime time it seems. He was making great strides until yesterday which leads me to believe he was in trouble when his main target got shut down and the offense struggled. Benny aint gonna carry them. Giovanni shows some burst but their offense can be stopped. Its the D that is their bread n butter IMO. It was a great game. Hoyer looks really well

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

Fans are peeved about Vince understandable (and to some degree Dobson). It seems like Revis' skills have declined since his injuries; this coupled with the emergence of Sherman and Peterson means he is not worth the money he gets. IMHO smart/physical corners are at a premium: third after QBs and skill position players on O. The way the league is now there has been a significant upswing in DBs taken in the first two rounds. Some of that is skill, but alot is an ungoing defensive adjustment to prevalence of the passing game. The nickel DB is slowly becoming what the situational pass rusher was many years ago. You can't have a defensive weak link in your secondary against some of the potent offenses (Saints, Broncos) and the formations they can put out there. We already had the mythical "shutdown" corner and now teams a looking for that guy or the FS/LB hybrid who can cover the TEs.

I agree. A lot depends on where you end up. Rex let Revis do this thing. he has had to play some zone in Tampa. I dont wanna make it seem like im saying the guy s*cks but he has a weakness now. He had knee surgery. No way his cuts and all that are the same despite what he sais. The TD pass in question was a move that Ty LAw got burnt on in his prime. I wanna say Wayne Chrebet or one of them little dudes gave him a double move down near the goal line. No way for the bigger guys to stop that. Ive always like PP but I never Put Talib in "shutdown" category but after a year in this system, is someone gonna say he hanst looked the part in 4 games?? He has structure here and it shows. He was way more sloppy in his techniques in Tampa.

I would put Peterson Slightly above Sherminator for his punt return ability and the fact he is playing some offense too! Thats Deion  part II. Sherm is the big mouth guy who gets his team feeling good. I put Talibs "play" right up there but obviously need a bigger sample size. Talib is good because at 6'1" he is still agile enough to cut and move with WRs and his size makes it hard for QBs to just chuck up ducks like they did for years against our Smurf DBs! Joe Haden has been playing lights out too. He is a real physical guy who beats you up literally more than covers you. Some good ones out there.  S.Smith is playing well in K.C. too. Always likes his game. Too bad Ras I didnt work out. We would be stacked.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I was really liking our team until I heard the radio this morning tell me that Vince Wilfork went out with that injury...now? That's a big hole to fill - Vince is the type of guy you need if you're going to win it all...he's an impact defender on a team that is lacking them. I really think this changes things (not in a good way).

mt, Im not gonna stop being positive at this now...lo. Im All IN! . I heard it this morning and it was very sobering But with all weve been through so far, I believe this too , we can overcome. Not jumping now. We have a little time to get it right. May have to change some things defensively but we still have talent there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats07. Show tg19pats07's posts

I agree with your original post, Patrick Peterson is a beast, easily the best overall corner in football. I like sherman but he does not have th explosive athleticism of PP. I still think as a pure cover corner, Revis has few equals though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

I think it was time and possibly even a slow down to the transformation to have him still in there. Vince's better days have been long gone for a while now. 6'0, 400lb, morbidly obese players are kinda outta style these days. He has played soooo many downs in his carreer and his body was bound to give out once he hit the "BIG" 30, it looked like Vince took that as a responsibility to get even "bigger". He just got plain fat. I love his leadership and what he brings as far as a connection to the Patriots storied past, but VW has been slipping and sliding for the better part of 2-years now. His M-O use to be to drive the pocket back into the QB and to move laterally so well that he made plenty of tackles. Not anymore. Nowadays he was just that big fat hole plugger. That was OK. It works too. Just doesn't help your LBs and edge guys as much as the old Vince did. Thanks for the many great years Vince....Next man up!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Revis playing man on the Jests is one of the league's best, playing zone on the Bucs he is a liability... could it be something other than skills?  

Every corner no matter how good gets burned, Talib gets burned at least once a game, it doesn't mean they're washed up, it means they got beat.

Wilfork being fat is ridiculous, when was he ever skinny?  

Wilfork blew out his achilles because he had an existing ankle injury and played on turf yesterday.  

Bad luck, poor management by the training staff, overall wear and tear perhaps... but because he is fat?  He has always been rotund but has always been mobile, he blew out his tendon, it happens in pro football pretty regularly to every position, but especially on artificial turf.  There isn't always a black cat hiding around the corner, sometimes you're just unlucky.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I like Vince as much as the next guy but this Kid already has one more sack this year then Vince and only 2 less than Vince's total from last year.

I know the whole Vince is huge and takes up 2 blockers argument but hell give me the young horse that can get to the QB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

I think it was time and possibly even a slow down to the transformation to have him still in there. Vince's better days have been long gone for a while now. 6'0, 400lb, morbidly obese players are kinda outta style these days. He has played soooo many downs in his carreer and his body was bound to give out once he hit the "BIG" 30, it looked like Vince took that as a responsibility to get even "bigger". He just got plain fat. I love his leadership and what he brings as far as a connection to the Patriots storied past, but VW has been slipping and sliding for the better part of 2-years now. His M-O use to be to drive the pocket back into the QB and to move laterally so well that he made plenty of tackles. Not anymore. Nowadays he was just that big fat hole plugger. That was OK. It works too. Just doesn't help your LBs and edge guys as much as the old Vince did. Thanks for the many great years Vince....Next man up!  

Vince was first team all pro last season.  Look he obviously struggled a bit at times this year (probably because he was injured), but all of these "Vince was fat and washed up posts" make me sick.  The has been our best defensive player for practically a decade.  He won another offseason award this year (and BB doesn't just give them to vets for showing up considering Brady hadn't won one in a few years).  Show some flipping respect for the guy instead of kicking him while he's down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

Come on, really Revis is less than a year from blowing out his knee, talk to me by the end of the year and then lets discuss where Revis stands, not everyone is a Peterson or Welker for that matter with recovery time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeogFOmbJLo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

The most striking thing about that video are Richard Seymour's teeth

My what beautiful teeth you have, Richard

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Or should I say "the taking"  I dont think Revis is "passing" anything.

Did anyone see Larry Fitzgerald catching the game winner on Revis Island?? Gave him a sick double move and Revis was toast. On the other side Patrick Peterson had 2 4th quarter picks to seal the game while guarding Vincent Jackson.

Those were 2 prime time matchups. I said here 2 years ago that PP was the heir apparent to Revis when he fell off and now Revis hasnt "fell off" but P.P DID take the Torch yesterday in Exciting fashion and it was great to watch.

Lots of exciting games against yesterday. Every year I say the season gets off to a crazy start and this year has been no different. After 4 weeks its still unclear of what teams may be for real or not. Still lots of inconsistent teams out there. So still a lot of sorting out to do. At 4-0, we cant be any better than we are. I told everyone we will be fine. Adversity builds character and this very young team has grown up fast and is still improving. Playing with guys out is only gonna make us better so Put that Chin up and realize how good of a position we are in.

Browns are looking like they took off after the trade. So much for throwin in the towel. Good Wins by 2 former Pats backups, Cassell and Hoyer! PROPS!

Browns are gonna spoil somebodys plans but they will fade away soon. Chargers are always a handful and will be there to try to ruin someone as well. Danny looks great out there. Joe Haden Completely Locked down A.J. Green. He is the NFLs best kept secret.

A.P. continues to Run like the Night! Wow that guy is special. Bills are looking like a good, young team under E.J. , Have to keep an eye on that.

Titans have been surprisingly good with Locker taking a Big leap. Lets see if they can keep it up and challenge the Texans and Colts for the division.

Seahags were showing a chinc in the armor, but a bonehead call and bad execution had the Sherminator doing his thang again and making people cuss at the Tv! Say what u want, but the guys backs up his big mouth. He won the game for them with that pic 6. So here it is....

AFC - Patriots, Broncos, Colts, Bengals - (Cheifs, Texans) Wild Card

NFC - SeaHags, Cowboys, Saints, Bears -  (Lions, 49ers)Wild Card

Steelers, Bucs, Eagles, Giants, Redskins, Raiders And....Jaguars! _ Stick a Fork in em'

This how I see it so far. Only worries are Denver which I believe we match up well with. The loss of Vince shouldnt be as bad with all these passing teams and Denver is one of them. Im still Riding with my Boys! I told you all we will be fine. Now imagine us at Full Strength??

Any thoughts on the season after 4 weeks , Pats or NFL in general??

Very nice post Triple...I thought it was common knowledge that the Browns threw in the towel with the Richardson trade in hoped of landing a franchise QB..Nobody told Hoyer and the players though, good for them.

Jaguars might be the worst team we've seen in a while.

I could watch Peterson play all day, but holy jumping Sherman is good. Just wish he would shut up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

The more football I watch, the more apparent it becomes. In this era, you must have good to great QB play or you can't possibly win, even if the rest of your team is loaded. There's not a team that's worth anything that doesn't have that position covered. You can win a game or two, but you're a pretender without a clutch QB.

That means teams like Cincy and Houston are ultimately toast, pretenders. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

The more football I watch, the more apparent it becomes. In this era, you must have good to great QB play or you can't possibly win, even if the rest of your team is loaded. There's not a team that's worth anything that doesn't have that position covered. You can win a game or two, but you're a pretender without a clutch QB.

That means teams like Cincy and Houston are ultimately toast, pretenders. 

True, quarterback driven league. I think it comes and goes. All the rule changes the past few years have helped it become this way. Be a long time before we see a Trent Dilfer led team in the Super Bowl.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts