The Patriot Way

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

Re: The Patriot Way

Obviously he isn't trying to hurt the team on purpose, its just that he is a dick and his coaching drafting hasn't lived upto the hype in the past 5 years. 

IF you look at it after brady's injury he has been on FIRE absolute domination but NO DEFENSE , NO COACHING, EXTREMLY HIGH TURNOVER, DRAFT BUSTAFTER BUST.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to akius' comment:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/14/sports/football/patriots-brush-off-of-wes-welker-began-long-ago.html

No Wonder no free agent wants to come here?

Think about it how many guys who had options choose NE in the past 5 years?? And suggs comes out and says NE is the most hated team and 2 days later there was a poll in espn and guess what Pats were top of the list.

You're dumb as a bag of rocks. Players love playing for BB. This is a first class organization. That's media rhetoric. There is a cap. This isn't the Yankees and baseball where you just open a checkbook and cross your fingers.

Learn about economics and the sport. Welker is on the back nine of his career and chose Manning and the Broncos over a superior situation in NE.

How's the situation superior in NE?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

F U UD6, FTFOH

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Smart ownership breeds success.  Success breeds contempt.  The NFL is a business, not a youth league where feelings are sheltered.

You guys need to get over yourselves.  I promise that the Sun will rise tomorrow just as surely as the Pats will contend for another Super Bowl next year.  All is well.

Perfectly put.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Obviously he isn't trying to hurt the team on purpose, its just that he is a dick and his coaching drafting hasn't lived upto the hype in the past 5 years. 

IF you look at it after brady's injury he has been on FIRE absolute domination but NO DEFENSE , NO COACHING, EXTREMLY HIGH TURNOVER, DRAFT BUSTAFTER BUST.

coaching and drafting? he coached well enough to get them in 2 super bowls and three afc title games since 2007....and if you want to talk about recent drafting, he has drafted players like gronk, hernandez, mayo, vereen, ridley, solder, hightower, jones, dennard, etc. there have been some duds, but overall he has drafted very well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/14/sports/football/patriots-brush-off-of-wes-welker-began-long-ago.html

Think about it how many guys who had options choose NE in the past 5 years?? And suggs comes out and says NE is the most hated team and 2 days later there was a poll in espn and guess what Pats were top of the list.

You're dumb as a bag of rocks. Players love playing for BB. This is a first class organization. That's media rhetoric. There is a cap. This isn't the Yankees and baseball where you just open a checkbook and cross your fingers.

Learn about economics and the sport. Welker is on the back nine of his career and chose Manning and the Broncos over a superior situation in NE.

well he had a close relationship with brady, 5 years worth of knowledge of the offense, and one of the best qb's of all time throwing the ball to him.

this isnt to say denver isnt a good situation for wes, he knows what he is doing, but i think he knows staying in new england would have been better for his career.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

BB's rebuild on the fly since 2010 has this team in incredible posiiton. A Welker drop in the SB or a Brady and Welker underperformance in 2007s SB or 2011s SB is on them, not BB.

So u r saying in every frenken game of every frenken year he will have to do it himself, he gets no margin of error.

Look at his stats and compare them to any reciever over last 5 years or even last year.

Also while you are at it try to find a defense that ranked last almost every year for 3 years in a row.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Smart ownership breeds success.  Success breeds contempt.  The NFL is a business, not a youth league where feelings are sheltered.

You guys need to get over yourselves.  I promise that the Sun will rise tomorrow just as surely as the Pats will contend for another Super Bowl next year.  All is well.

Perfectly put.

Thanks, Stan.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

this isnt to say denver isnt a good situation for wes, he knows what he is doing, but i think he knows staying in new england would have been better for his career.

HE is already first ballet HOF player.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

Done Night

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

well he had a close relationship with brady, 5 years worth of knowledge of the offense, and one of the best qb's of all time throwing the ball to him.

I would say that this was about respect and money.  Welker got more of both from Denver, who scored 35 on Baltimore while the pats scored what?

One thing that is well known about Manning is that he will work Welker until they each understand the others tendencies.  I'd say Welker's immediate situation is better for him in Denver than Amendola's is in NE.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Jeez just quit and go be a Panthers fan. You sound like a ridiculous spoiled fan.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

HE is already first ballet HOF player.

im not arguing that....im just saying he had a familiarity with the pats that he wont get with the broncos over night.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

I would say that this was about respect and money.  Welker got more of both from Denver, who scored 35 on Baltimore while the pats scored what?

One thing that is well known about Manning is that he will work Welker until they each understand the others tendencies.  I'd say Welker's immediate situation is better for him in Denver than Amendola's is in NE.  

yea probobaly, but his has to be a quicker transition because he is on a shorter contract and if he wants to be re-signed there, he is going to need to put up big numbers right away.

and about denver vs baltimore, they scored 21 points on offense vs baltimore, 2 td's were on special teams...not saying those td's dont count, but im just saying denver's offense wasnt any better than new england's.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

well, i dont think you can argue that this is a gamble by BB. You have to agree that Welker still has another 2 very productive years left in him, even if he does begin to decline a bit. He has his drops, but you also have to consider the shear volume of passes he gets. But we can be pretty safe to say that he is good for another 90-100 catches for the next two years and a $6mil cap hit is not bad for one of your top players.

on the other hand you have Amendola for 5 years, who very well could turn into the NFL's top slot receiver and be a huge bargain. or he could continue to struggle with injuries and flame out. so BB gambled and went with the bigger risk/bigger reward scenerio. i guess we should be used to that, its similar to drafting or signing guys with character questions who come at a cheaper rate. we'll just have to see how it plays out.

the tough part of this is losing a guy in the process that we all love (and you have to admit Rusty that you love him too), and that this makes the Broncos the current favorite in the AFC. Even the idea of Manning and Welker winning a superbowl together is enough to make me become a baseball fan. almost.

[QUOTE

His age and rate of drops.  And the fact that Brady is probably the best at hitting underneath routes, which means any other QB who doesn't have that chemistry won't have it with him in his last 2 years.

[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

yea probobaly, but his has to be a quicker transition because he is on a shorter contract and if he wants to be re-signed there, he is going to need to put up big numbers right away.

and about denver vs baltimore, they scored 21 points on offense vs baltimore, 2 td's were on special teams...not saying those td's dont count, but im just saying denver's offense wasnt any better than new england's.

You are absolutely right about the scoring.  How many did the pats offense score?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Last I checked the Rams have not ever had a winning season yet Josh McD has brought over Lloyd, Amendola, Salas, Hoomanawanui.  Am I missing anyone?  Is the Patriots Way turning into the Rams way?  Lord help us.  BB putting way to much trust in Josh McD!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

You are absolutely right about the scoring.  How many did the pats offense score?

13, so it was a td difference....and you know how i feel about the offense's underwhelming performances in the playoffs of late. but that still doesnt mean welker wasnt comfortable with the system, he had 8 catches in the game, along with one HUGE drop that swung momentum.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Last I checked the Rams have not ever had a winning season yet Josh McD has brought over Lloyd, Amendola, Salas, Hoomanawanui.  Am I missing anyone?  Is the Patriots Way turning into the Rams way?  Lord help us.  BB putting way to much trust in Josh McD!

lloyd was very productive last year and hooma was good when he played as well....ill give you salas, but that was a low risk move anyways....as long as they contribute on the pats, who cares what they did on their previous team?

Sections
Shortcuts