The Patriots are going to be really bad this year.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: The Patriots are going to be really bad this year.

Pundits are pundits and pundits predict and pundits predict to garner attention.  For what it's worth, and I'm not even at the pundit level,

offense will be near the top in the league

defense a huge question mark until the linebacker/pass rush and d-back situations clarify themselves; then d could be just ok or could be really good; doubt if they will be bad 

My 2 cents (adjusted for deflation)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

First off, Don't listen to Mazz, Felger or Breer when they have him on. Though it was funny listening to Breer get a dressing down from Gresh during the intro to his spot on 98.5. It was so bad I think Breer tried to cancel his his spot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Yup 98.5 is really bad again this year, at least from 2-6pm.  The Pats will win the division again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Every year people look at our roster and think we are not that good.

New England has never been very good on paper. We almost never have individual  statistical leaders. Our roster has alway been filled with has beens and never wheres.

I'll worry about our chances when BB leaves. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Honestly this is the only place that I have seen people say the Pats are going to be bad this year and thats pretty sad. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

We have been spoiled Kellie. We've been spoiled by the business acumen of Robert Kraft, the brilliant mastermind of Bill Belichick, and the razor-sharp precision of Tom Brady. I see no reason for that not to continue.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: The Patriots are going to be really bad this year.:
    In Response to Re: The Patriots are going to be really bad this year. : I actually posted a pic earlier but I took it down because it was gross. I'm trying to find one with sunglasses or something, I feel a little weird about just putting my picture out there...
    Posted by KellieMB

By gross I bet you mean your hair wasn't the way you liked. =D

I bet if we all saw that pic we'd think you look perfectly fine. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

In Response to The Patriots are going to be really bad this year.:
    [QUOTE]Wow. Nothing takes away my excitement and optimism for the up coming season like listening to 98.5. They have painted and EXTREMELY gloomy picture of what we can expect this year. The worst part is I'm staring to buy into some of it. We have been spoiled, so I ALWAYS have high expectations, but I'm staring to feel stupid for thinking this team can make it to the Playoffs!
    Posted by KellieMB[/QUOTE]

pundits just love to lowball the pats. if i had to guess why they do that, it`s probably due to combination of jealousy and pride and stiring the pot so to speak. anyone that truely believes that NE didn`t help itself big time in this year`s draft needs to have his head examined. they have too many weapons to be written off as easily as some have. the D is also in better shape, so i have to take what they say with a grain of salt. in fact if you got an honest answer out of them, a few might even go as far as to say the pats could win the SB, or at least get deep into the playoffs. look at the J-E-T-S last season...with sanchez  and braylon edwards etc. anyone that believes that this year`s Pats are`nt a notch above last years` Jets also needs to have their head examined.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

that's not what they said, they said it doesn't look like a superbowl team and that the team is in transaction, which I think is true and they also said how unrealistic everyone is about the expectations from pats. which is also true be real come on with virtually no pass rush and upcoming secondary superbowl?? they'll still win like 10-11 games got a good shot of taking the division.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I really don't think it's going to be a bad year.

QB - Healthier Tom Brady will put up better numbers than last year.
    RB - Ok pretty much same old same old here, maybe a bit better with Crumpler and if Taylor and Morris can be healthier and Maroney gets rid of his fumbleitis
    WR - Moss, Welker who is looking more and more ready for opening week, Edelman in year two should be improved. Holt although not in his prime will still be a upgrade over Galloway/Aiken from last year.
    TE - Better blocking TE in Crumpler, Gronk and Hernandez even as rookies can imagine them being better than Stone Hands.
    OL - Ok this maybe not as good but maybe just maybe Mankins will come to his senses and sign before the start of the season. Vollmer full-time should be a instant upgrade over Kaczur at RT. Just need Neal, Light, and Koppen to stay healthy. 
    DL - Can't get any worse than last year with Fork and Warren hurt end of last year. No production from Jarvis Green. Brace and Pryor in their 2nd year plus adding G. Warren and Lewis, to go with veteran Wright should be better.
    OLB - Potential retirement of Burgess might hurt short-term, give Cunningham some playing time and let him develop, plus see what is available for preseason cuts
    ILB - Thinking this position will be improved. Healthy Mayo, Guyton in 3rd year then add Spikes and McKenzie to the mix.
    CB - Again like ILB, Bodden proved himself last year as a good CB, Butler in 2nd year, McCourty taking over for Wilhite in nickel should only make us stronger.
    S - Hopefully Chung year 2 takes a step up, let Meriweahter just play centerfield and having Sanders and McGowan for depth is nice.
    ST - Liking the potential with Tate, Arrington, McCourty. Plus we got IMO the best kicker in the biz and improvment in punter.
    Coaching - Offensive play calling can't get any worse than last year. Like us at our jobs I expect O'Brien to improve year 2. BB handling more of the defense I'm expecting us to get more creative on D.

Overall offense a little better, defense younger but a little better. Prediction 11-5, first place in the AFC East and we'll get a playoff win this year. The foundation will be laid for about 2 or 3 Super Bowl runs over the next 5 years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

[QUOTE]that's not what they said, they said it doesn't look like a superbowl team and that the team is in transaction, which I think is true and they also said how unrealistic everyone is about the expectations from pats. which is also true be real come on with virtually no pass rush and upcoming secondary superbowl?? they'll still win like 10-11 games got a good shot of taking the division.
    Posted by akius[/QUOTE]

they won 10 games last season with galloway in camp..that is only 2 wide outs, a poor secondary, tate on IR etc. they will win at least 2 more games this season

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Let's start off on how the Pats finished off last year.  We won the division with Brady, Welker, Moss and Mahroney on offense and no pass rush and a weak side on the run defense.  A group of moves and retirements of vets.

What did the Pats address in the off season?  Drafted two nice TEs.  We have some competition for the 3rd WR spot with Holt, Price and Tate.  Out look is much better than last year offensively alone.  The right side of the defense was as mess after the departure of Seymour.  They bring in a couple of DEs and draft Spikes an ILB.  Cunningham has a lot of pressure on him to become the pass rusher we all want but I find it unrealistic to expect much from him this year.

The biggest improvement that this team got is the punting game.  The Pats defense will not be exposed field positionwise like it was last year time and time again.  This will be a big help to the young defense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Patriots are going to be really bad this year. : I actually posted a pic earlier but I took it down because it was gross. I'm trying to find one with sunglasses or something, I feel a little weird about just putting my picture out there...
    Posted by KellieMB[/QUOTE]

patriots cheerleader outfit might work

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

All the talk about getting "A PASS RUSHER". Like just one solves the problem of no pass rushing D??? This is a D team lacking that ability, as if one pass rusher that does it  is enough. WRONG  It will take at least this season to resolve this, propably 2 years. Then about the lack of that on the D LINE? When will that be addressed?? And the D backfield. Bodden is the only solid player there now, the other side is up for grabs. The safety position is shakey. Merriweather, contrary to comments of him having a "solid" 2009 season, that baloney. His late seasion performance was awful considering he part responsible for an opposing team long TD runs due to blown coverages and players out of position. Sanders and Mcgowan are ok backup part timers, but Chung does not appear to have the skills that a # 1 draft choice should have, so far. And having the distraction of regular tatoo parlor visits in the area. What's with that???
    So by the time the D team's problems are fixed, Brady, Moss, and all 3 veteran ball carriers, and probably a few an O lineman or 2, Light, and perhaps Koppen, will call it a career. That leaving  the O in the shape the D is is now. All this will take time and mediocre seasons out of the playoffs, pressure on BB that perhaps will cause him to think of calling it a day  as well.    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcjcjcjc. Show jcjcjcjc's posts

I really like the direction Bill Belecheck is headed ... Belechick has the final say on all Football operations...so, I like that as well... anyone who puts $$$ before the concept of being a New England Patriot is shown the door ( Logan Mankins )... I like that ... !! Wins... 5 Losses... Pats do the Cha- Cha- Cha at the Super Bowl!!!

JC

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm not too fmailiar with this guy, but this is a Tweet i can get behind! http://twitter.com/ESPN_Colin/status/3543094970
    Posted by KellieMB

Not to burst your bubble but that tweet is from August 2009.

Sections
Shortcuts