The Patriots could have a blow out on their hands.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

The Patriots could have a blow out on their hands.

The Colts defense will have problems if TB has time.

"The pressure their defensive line provides helps their damaged secondary, which is playing without Marlin Jackson, Bob Sanders, and Kelvin Hayden while starting a pair of rookie cornerbacks. If the Patriots stop the Colts' basic pass rush and force them to blitz, Brady could pick apart their under-manned secondary." From Under Pressure by
    Adam Kilgore

I can easily see a day where this becomes a shoot out. We know Manning will get some points. he always does. If Tom has time, Matt Light could be back to split time with Seabass, and the running game has some success, we could see it raining bombs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Re: The Patriots could have a blow out on their hands.

Don't care what the score is as long as the W is next to Patriots.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Agreed.. screew the score.. The most points and going 18-1 didn't result in a championship. I'll take da Dubb!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to The Patriots could have a blow out on their hands.:
    The Colts defense will have problems if TB has time. "The pressure their defensive line provides helps their damaged secondary, which is playing without Marlin Jackson, Bob Sanders, and Kelvin Hayden while starting a pair of rookie cornerbacks. If the Patriots stop the Colts' basic pass rush and force them to blitz, Brady could pick apart their under-manned secondary." From Under Pressure by Adam Kilgore I can easily see a day where this becomes a shoot out. We know Manning will get some points. he always does. If Tom has time, Matt Light could be back to split time with Seabass, and the running game has some success, we could see it raining bombs.
    Posted by gmbill

The problem is I think Indy is going to be able to score points too. I'd love a blowout so I can pass out early but I just hope we can out score them. I don't know about the bombs, I'm really hoping for that precision short passing game to be on the mark.Keep the pressure off Brady.Vollmer looked pretty good last week lets hope he keeps it up against DF.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

A blowout by the Pats in Indy would be surprising.  I think they can win, but seriously doubt they'll blow the Colts out in their own house.  The Pats' D is going to be tested as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

In Response to Re: The Patriots could have a blow out on their hands.:
    In Response to The Patriots could have a blow out on their hands. : The problem is I think Indy is going to be able to score points too. I'd love a blowout so I can pass out early but I just hope we can out score them. I don't know about the bombs, I'm really hoping for that precision short passing game to be on the mark.Keep the pressure off Brady.Vollmer looked pretty good last week lets hope he keeps it up against DF.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Brady had three surefire TD's either intercepted or batted away by rookie CB's last week. The only catch that was dropped was by Ben Jarvis. I expect him to test Indy's secondary again this week with deep passes. Maroney seems to be running hard again, this may keep Indy's defense honest. As for Freeney- he's primarily a speed rusher, which plays into Volmer's hands as he's exceptionally quick on his feet for a man 6'8". 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Not going to happen. 

I have 2 rules when it comes to Football. 

1.) Never count out number 18 & 12. 
    2.) Never count out Bill Belichick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Also, the Pats will try to hold on to the ball as long as they can. Sea-Bass and Connolly are both better Run blockers than Koppen and Light so I expect to see Maroney, Benny, and Faulk perform well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

It's not going to be a blowout, regardless of the secondary.  Adam Kilgore is overly enthusiastic.   Pats could pull this out, though, by 7-10 if all goes well. 

Kilgore has an overinflated view of the Pats' own secondary.  Don't get me wrong; they're improving a lot.  But we watched last week as they simply could not keep Miami's offense from gaining first downs on third and whatever. If they struggled on 3rd down pass defense against Henne, then it stands to reason that they'll have an even tougher time with Manning and Dallas Clark.

But they still win this:  Pats 28, Indy 24. 

And Leon, you already know what will happen to the Jets, so don't bother making a prediction.  They're done.  It's time for you to take up the Giants' bandwagon, even though they probably won't make the playoffs either.  And we know how you like to switch allegiances midseason.  Time for you to get some sunlight and take up golf.  It's much more your speed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coltiniraq. Show coltiniraq's posts

A blow out - what a joke.  This isn't the Titans son.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

A blow out - what a joke.  This isn't the Titans son.
    Posted by coltiniraq

True - and the Patriots aren't the Texans, either.
    On a different note...if you are in Iraq serving, thank you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I don't see a blowout, by any means.  But I do see a close mid-range scoring game, something in the 20's.

I think both teams are going to try to play "keep away", seeing if they can control T.O.P. as much as possible to keep the other team's O off the field.  I do think that the Patriots will have the advantage, however, when it comes to putting up points.  Our biggest problem will be the Colts DE's; if they get neutralized, then it will be a good day for Brady (not saying 5 TD's and 95% completion), but something like 70% and 2-3 TD's.  Maroney and Faulk will probably have big roles in this one, I think. 

If McGowan can be physical with Dallas Clark and the Pats can get a little bit of pressure on Manning, I think they'll do well against them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ush. Show ush's posts

Don't be an idiot....the Colts are 8-0 and playing at home with a Hall of Fame QB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I'm certain A LOT of Colts fans feel the same from their perspective, a blow-out by the Colts!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Nobody is blowing anybody out in this game. While both teams are entirely capable of putting up quick touchdowns -- and probably will at least once -- I think the guy who said ball control is going to be a key factor in this game is spot on. Neither defense strikes me as one that is going to shut the other offense down. We've all watched in frustration as the Pats have continually displayed an inablitlity to get off the field on third down against even marginal opposition; and although the Colts are one of those teams that manages to win despite itself sometimes, they have not looked terribly dominant against recent opponents who have been mediocre at best. This game will be in the 20s and won by no more than four points.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Don't be an idiot....the Colts are 8-0 and playing at home with a Hall of Fame QB.
    Posted by ush

OK ush, a few of us have asked before where that place in your avatar is.  Do we need to send you a 6-pack of Alaskan Amber to get it out of you?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

What makes you think the top 2 defenses playing each other would result in a blowout or shootout? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Posted by ush

Yep, and a defensive backfield with relatively little college experience.  The starting cornerbacks have a total of 5 years of starting college experience, and you can count the pro starts on your two hands.  One was a late third rounder this past April, the other an undrafted free agent this past April.  Oh, and Moss has seven inches of height on the best one, plus long arms, plus experience.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Alright, as much as I believe in this idea of ball control because it completely makes sense for either team, I cannot overcome one problem with this theory that is like an elephant in the room. 

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PEYTON MANNING AND TOM BRADY.

It is not that these guys can't do the necessary things to play ball control football, but neither of our teams has demonstrated a highly capable running attack, AND...

When you are team that is blessed to have one of the two best QB's of the last decade (which each of our team's does) and you possess weapons named Moss, Wayne, Welker, and Clark, if the opportunity to exploit a weakness presents itself, I cannot for the life of me believe that these guys are not going to check away from an anemic run to hit a big strike when it is there.

It may be that due to our poor run games, that the effort by both team is to take away the pass.  So maybe the game doesn't produce the expected fireworks or score, but I don't believe ball control will be the primary offensive game plan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Kind of a funny premise for a thread.  "...if the Colts don't get pressure on TB".   Nobody has stopped Freeney yet...however, the Pats get very little pressure on the QB.  Seems more likely that the Pats will get no pressure on Manning, and we'll see a blowout in favor of the Colts.  I'm just saying...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

If Koppen and Light are OUT, it's going to be a blowout the other way .   The Colts are not as good as their 8-0 record indicates.  The Pats are getting better.  But, whose injuries are more exploited will determine the score. That, and Manning gets the calls on his HOME TURF.
    Posted by ipot

I guess you didn't see last week's game. Connolly didn't miss a beat when he subbed in, and Vollmer beat the sh!t out of Porter.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

I believe the 2 teams are going to be play a very conservative game until something start to go wrong. Remember 2 years a go, the pats high power offense played very "basic" until they where down in the score.

If our defense can contain Indy to under 3 points we´ll have a chance. 27-28 would do it for us.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

On a different note...if you are in Iraq serving, thank you. ****

I second that.

Both teams are comming out and trying to establish the run. They want those 6 minute plus drives. The only way to beat Manning or Brady is to keep the ball out of their hands. The Pats Colts games always come to this.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Game plan for first half: Brady under center uses play action for passes downfield. Colts start to blitz to get to Brady, but throw screens, run traps and even draw plays (you can do those when the QB is not in the shotgun) to exploit blitz and Freeny committing to rush. After that...I'm not a coach so ran out of ideas.

Sections
Shortcuts