The Patriots could have a blow out on their hands.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Re: The Patriots could have a blow out on their hands.

In Response to Re: The Patriots could have a blow out on their hands.:
    [QUOTE]What makes you think the top 2 defenses playing each other would result in a blowout or shootout? 
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Playing without Marlin Jackson, Bob Sanders, and Kelvin Hayden while starting a pair of rookie cornerbacks.

My point for the post is that the Colts do have a great defense. The weak link for this match up is listed above. I expect to see Brady test this and try to exploit it. If he gets time in the pocket and these folks can't hold up to Moss and Welker, we could see a high score on a weakened offense.

Not picking on the Colts D, just pointing out an obvious fact. Losing Jackson, Sanders and Hayden has to have some impact, others wise, why are they starting??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: The Patriots could have a blow out on their hands.:
    [QUOTE]Kind of a funny premise for a thread.  "...if the Colts don't get pressure on TB".   Nobody has stopped Freeney yet...however, the Pats get very little pressure on the QB.  Seems more likely that the Pats will get no pressure on Manning, and we'll see a blowout in favor of the Colts.  I'm just saying...
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

I stick to my premise for these reasons.

1) "And I can not believe I am quoting him" As Underdogg stated these are passing teams. So the Pats will look to pass and take advantage of an obvious weakness.

2) Manning is always in the game, so best plan would be to come out early and test the defense where it is weak, in the secondary. If this is successful they will continue and try to get a score which even Manning can not come back from.

3) The Patriots D has been getting better each week but has been playing teams that like to run the ball as a big part of their offense. We know that is not the case with Manning. We will try to be all over him. At least hold him to 17-20 points. I expect to see an agressive pick happy defense for the Pats

4) Colts have not played a T Brady yet. Having a Brady/Manning level QB picking the Colts defense apart should have better results than the last few games against the Colts.

For these reasons I could see a chance for a blow out, If Brady is  on, If the O lone holds and If the Colts D can not stop Welker, Moss and Watson.

Could happen, Sunday night will be the test

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Miami was down 7 in the 4th quarter with less than 3 minutes to play. Henne threw 2 catchable passes to midfield that were dropped by Hartline and Ginn. Maybe some folks felt comfortable but I didn't. If they had scored a touchdown would they have used the "wildcat" and gone for the victory and could the Patriots have stopped it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I can't remember the last time the Colts were ''blown out'', when the Colts lose it usually isn't by much.

The last playoff game at Gillette, Patriots 20 Colts 3, that's the last blowout i can think of. That was 5 years ago lol.