The Patriots don't deserve to be where they are

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

The Patriots don't deserve to be where they are

According to SI.com it's all luck, no skill:

The football gods have smiled this season on New England. Whatever is good for the Patriots is what will happen. It doesn't matter how small or seemingly insignificant, if it gives the Patriots an edge, it happens. Guaranteed. From Matt Schaub's foot injury to Ryan Clark's blood disorder, from the St. Louis Rams letting Josh McDaniels go to the San Diego Chargers sticking with Norv Turner, from Tyler Palko to Vince Young to Tim Tebow twice, the Patriots have enjoyed a run of good luck and great timing this season. ... So a dangerous Houston team goes home and a b@nged-up Baltimore team limps into Foxboro, and the road to the Super Bowl for your New England Patriots now looks as clear as the State House hallways on a Friday afternoon in July.

Link Here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is getting absolutely ridiculous and I'm loving every minute of it. I sure hope the Pats read this article, which basically states that they have no skill whatsoever. Might as well not try, right? "A dangerous Houston team goes home and a b@nged-up Baltimore team limps into Foxboro" Really? Did I really just read that?

It seems to me like nobody respects the Patriots these days. Reminds me a lot of 2001.

P.S. why is b@anged banned?

Edit: After looking at it again the article appears to be from the Boston Herald.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: The Patriots don't deserve to be where they are

You would think that every team at this point is at least a little b@nged up...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

"Drafting Hernandez and Gronkowski wasn't luck. Keeping Pat Chung off the field until he was really healthy and ready to play wasn't luck. Picking up Wes Welker and even Tom Brady wasn't luck, either. Dumping Albert Haynesworth wasn't luck.The survival of the Boston Herald. Now that's luck. No good reason for it."

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: The Patriots don't deserve to be where they are:
    Thats nice. Thanks.
    Posted by bobbysu

You are very welcome, kind sir. :)

To the other posters: Yeah, the comments from the readers are actually decent. It just goes to show that the media is setting different standards and holding a bias against the Pats as King suggests.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No amount of good luck can ever make up for 2007. So they can all blow it out their azz.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Have no idea what will happen next game and if the Pats win what will happen in the superbowl but I think EVERY superbowl winning team has a healthy amount of good fortune during their run. EVERY year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

LMMFAO!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

HATER'S GONA HATE.... I suggest.... you EMBRACE the Hate...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Thing is, if none of those things happen they're still where they are. This article makes no logical sense actually. So maybe they're playing Houston instead of Baltimore. OK, whatever.

By the writers logic the Pats lose games if Matt Cassell is healthy, and if Denver plays Brady Quinn, and if San Diego what, brings back Marty Schottenheimer before the game? Or if the Pats had to roll without McDaniels last week? All just nonsensical arguments.

So the Broncos don't beat Pittsburgh if Ryan Clark is playing?  That's ridiculous, unless his playing might have led to a chain of events wherein Dick Lebeau gets an eyepatch and ends up in a roadside ditch and misses the game. Guess I could buy that...hey, maybe this guy's onto something...nah!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yes, the Pats have just been lucky and it's everyone elses fault they have gotten this far, from injures (never affected the Pats in the playoffs), maintaining a stupid coaching staff, and just the level of competition they have to face in general.

boy I hope my sarcasm came through on that one

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Ignorance is curable , stupidity isnt..............dont be stupid

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Ignorance is curable , stupidity isnt..............dont be stupid
    Posted by EASON11

And don't end up in a roadside ditch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

in sports, all of them, nobody DESERVES anything... you TAKE, you DO, you WIN... and that´s it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

The Patriots don't deserve it?

You win your games, you deserve it. The rest doesn't matter

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

I agree that the Pats have had a string of good luck recently but the Pats prove that you make your own luck.

The truth is that the AVERAGE draft spot for the Patriots for the last 10 years is about 30th.  The truth is the Patriots play a first place schedule almost every year. The truth is the Patriots loose a top coach or two to another team every year.  The truth is the Patriots make tough and sometimes unpopular decisions for the near term and long term good of the team.  The truth is they take risks but are not beholden to their failures (Haynesworth).

The truth is they are the best run organization in Pro Football, probably in all of Pro Sports.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

All year long what has the media been pounding into our heads?  NO NFL team with a defense as bad as the Patriots has EVER won the SB, let alone be in the SB.  What the Pats have done is going fully against their "conventional" thinking including the football know-it-all talking heads.  Look at Rob Parker and his ranting about the Pats D.  Same with Deon "with the mind Gone" Sanders!  They WANT to be right about the Pats.  Imagine what they'll say when they win it all???!!!! 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

As Clint Eastwood said to Gene Hackman in "Unforgiven", "deserves got nothin' to do with it".

In any case, they are going to have to earn it to get to the SB.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

"Deserve ain't got nothing to do with it, it was just his time...."  Snoop from The Wire

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

WABOC.  There isn't a team anywhere that has won it all in a given year that hasn't had a couple of good breaks come their way.  Bottom line:  a team either wins or it doesn't and the winners usually catch a break along the way.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

WABOC.  There isn't a team anywhere that has won it all in a given year that hasn't had a couple of good breaks come their way.  Bottom line:  a team either wins or it doesn't and the winners usually catch a break along the way.
    Posted by ATJ

Hmmmm.. reminds me of some sort of helmet catch, doesn't it?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

The thing that bothers me with the article is that they give no credit to the Patriots. Instead of saying the Pats took advantage of the opportunities presented to them, they make it out to seem like the Patriots didn't deserve anything and don't belong in the playoffs. At least that is how I read the article. If the Pats win the superbowl it wont be because they were good, it will be because they were lucky. Come on...

This reminds me of George Washington Plunkitt's quote, "I seen my opportunities and I took em."

Sections
Shortcuts