The Patriots don't deserve to be where they are

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jh13. Show jh13's posts

Re: The Patriots don't deserve to be where they are

Figures that it would be a herald article.  Half their articles on the Patriots could be NY Post articles.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Strange and very conspicuous that there is no mention of the extreme number of injuries that the Pats had in their defensive corps. Guess ignorance is bliss !! Typical SI garbage. As a number have said winning a championship always takes some luck along the way: tipped passes being picked off by our defense, fumbles bouncing the right way, passes thrown to defensive back that should have been interception that are dropped, etc, etc, etc. These things go your way, you win games, they go against you and you may lose. 

Hetchinspete. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

In Response to Re: The Patriots don't deserve to be where they are:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Patriots don't deserve to be where they are : And don't end up in a roadside ditch.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

I love it! I  LMFAO every time I see that commercial!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Patriots don't deserve to be where they are : I love it! I  LMFAO every time I see that commercial!!!!!!!
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]
    Hey, the Pats don't wear a patch, so, no road side ditch!!  Arrrgghhhhh!!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Is there a team out there that has to historically endure more injuries than the Patriots? Dawling, Wright, Pryor, Chung, Spikes, Vollmer, Fletcher, Koppen, Connoly, Vareen, Brace, Deadrick...most of these guys were projected to be starters...most of them missed 3/4 of this season, some all of it. What's lucky about that? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]Is there a team out there that has to historically endure more injuries than the Patriots? Dawling, Wright, Pryor, Chung, Spikes, Vollmer, Fletcher, Koppen, Connoly, Vareen, Brace, Deadrick...most of these guys were projected to be starters...most of them missed 3/4 of this season, some all of it. What's lucky about that? 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]
    Carter for the playoffs, etc, etc.

The Patriots had to endure so it doesn't matter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

It's not LUCK idiots it's a thing called hard work or as my dad always told me you need to have a strong work ethic. What Denver had this season was LUCK but the PATS are making great decisions and preparing for each team. They can all go and F#~€ themselves!!! I can't stand idiots that pose as insiders. What a bunch of clowns! Why doesn't King say that to Gronk's face or better yet Wilfork. I'm sure they could silence him with their so called luck!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Baloney, 13-3 regular season, 1-0 playoffs, home field advantage.  HOF qb, HOF coach.  Luck - Hah

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Patriots don't deserve to be where they are : Which one is that one?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Rusty that is commercial for direct TV stating that cable makes you frustrated so you hit a racquet ball into your eye and yada yada yada.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Each team remaining "deserves" to be where they're at.  Had they have lost, they'd have "deserved" to not be.  You'd think given the conference championships are being played on Sunday that sports reporters/talking heads would have better things to discuss other than who or who doesn't "deserve" to be there.  Jeez, does the winner of this year's SB "deserve" to win it again next year?  What a dumb article.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Patriots don't deserve to be where they are : Hmmmm.. reminds me of some sort of helmet catch, doesn't it?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Or an easy missed interception, Or several non face mask calls, Or several No holding calls with obvious holding. 

Come to think of it the have the Giants actually won a Super bowl on their own? Scott Norwood gave them 1 SB win and the refs gave them one in 2007.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Pats were the number one team in my rankings at the beginning of the year.  They're the number one team right now.  The Jets and Dolphins both have been playing like 10-6 teams recently, so the Pats don't have the easiest divisional rivals. 

The Pats have gone pedal to the metal for the last 9 games in a row, offense and defense too, at least until they were comfortably ahead.  With playoff contender Denver, comfortable was five touchdowns ahead as early as possible. 

Baltimore can't seem to play this style of football much of the time, and so we start to ask why.  Is Flacco an ordinary quarterback?  Is 33 year old Ed Reed playing old and injured?  If the Patriots hike the ball quickly for 15 plays in a row, will Ed Reed be able to get enough oxygen to keep up?  Or 36 year old Ray Lewis?  Baltimore only has three oxygen timeouts per half.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

So now the toothless rookie-led Houston Texans are "dangerous" while the Baltimore Ravens are "bannged up" - as if every other team in the playoffs including the Pats aren't "bannged up"?

Just mind bottling.

NOTE: "bang3d" is a bad word now. Even more mind bottling.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I'll take luck all the way to the SB!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]I'll take luck all the way to the SB!!!!!!!
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

+1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

all of this will not matter if they win it all.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Aren't the Patriots also b@nged up?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]
    are they?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]I think you would be hard pressed to convince any NFL team that has success that they advanced because they were lucky. Based on the amount of time and effort teams put into weekly perpetration for a game it would relegate luck as a miniscule factor in a teams success. Preparation and the subsequent execution due to that preperation is why teams are successful.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]
    This is likely spot on.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Patriots don't deserve to be where they are : And don't end up in a roadside ditch.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

hahaha love that commercial....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Patriots don't deserve to be where they are : This is likely spot on.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

smuck-face

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Luck is supposed to be a big part of this game. Thats why they made the ball such an unwieldy shape. It creates  uncertanty which generates allot of the drama and excitment of this game.. 

It is part of Belichick method to take into account the random nature of football. That is why he builds his teams for depth instead of first string talent, This is also why our defence is bend but don't brake and our offence is designed to take the safe play on almost every down.