The Patriots fast-tracking to mediocrity?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

The Patriots fast-tracking to mediocrity?

2 losses to good teams the past 2 weeks, poor gm performance, poor coaching, big failure with Haynesworth, no production from 85, worst defense statistically in the NFL so far this season....are the PAtriots fast tracking to NFL mediocrity? This weeks game against the jets will show  which way the Patriots are heading. A game #9 has never been more important.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: The Patriots fast-tracking to mediocrity?

More like slow-tracking.

BB's lack of success in team building has been a slow bleed. The blood gushing will commence the day Brady goes.

None of the losses were by a hell of a lot. As far as the jets, we already beat them. It is a tougher task at their place, but losing 3 in a row would be nearly unbearable to them, so I expect the A game to arrive in force.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: The Patriots fast-tracking to mediocrity?:
    More like slow-tracking. BB's lack of success in team building has been a slow bleed. The blood gushing will commence the day Brady goes. None of the losses were by a hell of a lot. As far as the jets, we already beat them. It is a tougher task at their place, but losing 3 in a row would be nearly unbearable to them, so I expect the A game to arrive in force.
    Posted by BabeParilli

It's been going on for a while now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbear3915. Show mbear3915's posts

I remember a team in 2001 that was 5-5 before getting it together for a successful playoff run and I remember a seemingly unstoppable team in 2007 beaten by a team that got it together at the 'right' time. Last year's Green Bay team was also a team that played best when it counted.

As a huge fan I'm not happy with the way the Patriots are playing right now - but I hope we are positioning to play our best football in December and January with a final win on February 5th.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

I remember a team in 2001 that was 5-5 before getting it together for a successful playoff run and I remember a seemingly unstoppable team in 2007 beaten by a team that got it together at the 'right' time. Last year's Green Bay team was also a team that played best when it counted. As a huge fan I'm not happy with the way the Patriots are playing right now - but I hope we are positioning to play our best football in December and January with a final win on February 5th.
    Posted by mbear3915

Very well said and spot on!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

If NE is a mediocre AFC team, who is top tier/elite?  Cincy? Baltimore? Houston? Pittsburgh?

No doubt they're trending downwards after two bad losses, but it's not like any team is running away with the division/conference.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

We seem to be going to mediocrity because aside from our qb we have no studs. Hmmmm do you think trading down in every draft might have something to do with it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

We seem to be going to mediocrity because aside from our qb we have no studs. Hmmmm do you think trading down in every draft might have something to do with it?
    Posted by maxnsl
    Bingo!  Six draft choices in the first three rounds turned into basically a big zero with no help to the defensive side of the ball.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Our defense has outplayed the offense in each of the last 4 games, including Pitt. Not debatable. As bad as the 3rd down D was in coverage against Pitt, the offense was actually having a WORSE day. Truth hurts. Is our offensive talent bad too? lmao
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Oh, it's debatable.

What isn't debatable, is that you are a broken record of cluelessness.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to The Patriots fast-tracking to mediocrity?:
     2 losses to good teams the past 2 weeks, poor gm performance, poor coaching, big failure with Haynesworth, no production from 85, worst defense statistically in the NFL so far this season....are the PAtriots fast tracking to NFL mediocrity? This weeks game against the jets will show  which way the Patriots are heading. A game #9 has never been more important.
    Posted by Shtarka

Talk about spoiled children! Can anyone here name a team that has managed to remain competative for a decade?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Bringing up Patriots teams from the past & other teams that came on at the right time is a poor analogy in this case in reguards to this years patriots team....there is very little talent on here in contrast to those other teams...the Patriots D is in shambles & has no cohesivness or even the slightest inkling of it....The seemingly 1 dimentional approach & lackluster creativeness of the OC is a shame....until the offense starts being MUCH more balanced & OBrien starts dipping into the talent pool he has at his disposal the Pats may get lucky & make a playoff appearance but I'm not holding my breath ......The lousy D needs to be  kept off the field in order to not be continuously exposed & the only way to do that is get Brady out of shotgun formation90% of the time & start running the ball 40-45 % of the time to keep opposing D's guessing....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Our defense has outplayed the offense in each of the last 4 games, including Pitt. Not debatable. As bad as the 3rd down D was in coverage against Pitt, the offense was actually having a WORSE day. Truth hurts. Is our offensive talent bad too? lmao
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Why is everything so confrontational with you?

No one mentioned the offense/defense in this thread, and then you come in here, guns-a-blazin', stamping your feet, and making sure everyone hears you. 

Seriously - get off your high horse. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

What makes this year so frustrating is last year the Patriots surprised most of us   finishing 13-3 in the regular season in what was a supposed rebuilding year. This year the team has not continued forward, but seems to have regressed . Of course the Patriots could have an outstanding second half and all of this will be moot...I'm beginning to think the problems are  BB in the front office and BB and his coaches on the field.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

If NE is a mediocre AFC team, who is top tier/elite?  Cincy? Baltimore? Houston? Pittsburgh? No doubt they're trending downwards after two bad losses, but it's not like any team is running away with the division/conference.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

You are correct. We still are considered in the top of the AFC with Pitt and Baltimore, etc.

however, I think the original posters claim was not so much based on 2 loses this year, but based on our overall performance (especially postseason) the last 3-4 years. We seem to be the kings of the regular season, but sputter out when it matters most.
    Is this a slide to mediocrity over the past 4-5 years?

I would say in some ways yes. We were known as a team that would
    1. WIn our division
    2. Make it to the playoffs
    3. Usually win 1, 2 or make it to the big game.

We havn't been hitting on #3 since the 2007 debacle, but we are still managing to win the division most of the time plus get into the playoffs but not win. Based on how the team performs this year, I'll hold my thoughts on mediocrity until the Pats fail to achieve #2, then #1. However, things have sure changed over the last 4-5 years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The defense is injured/inexperienced up down and sideways. 

The chance of Haynesworth coming back and playing injured for the Patriots this week is zero.  It's not a question of injured.  Albert Haynesworth has gotten a job as a boulder in front of a cave, says the Onion. 

Spikes is ruled out.  Not good with the Jets coming.  Chung is questionable.  For that matter everybody in the entire back 8 is questionable in one way or another.  I can't name Sunday's starters. 

On offense, Ochocinco appears to have a concussion, and so a slow learning curve isn't going to help him.  Branch may finally have lost 2 steps.  I don't see Taylor Price lately.  Tiquan Newguy is a Welker-type receiver, not a deep threat and he's some other team's castoff.  Without one deep threat (and no 265 pound tight end is a deep threat), defenses are going to put 10 men on the line of scrimmage. 

I'm normally entirely positive, because the Patriots are such a good team to be positive about.  It's a joy to see them stuff trolls back down their holes week after week for about 10 years or so.  This week is different.  The Pats just don't have the live bodies.  They have a beer commercial.  Hot dog, anyone?

Maybe they'll get some more live bodies back in a month.  It will help, and the Patriots might well make the playoffs even if they lose one to the Jets.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

11-5 or 12-4 almost seems like a stretch right now. However if they win this week that can go along way in turning things around. I actually think releasing fat albert will be a major positive. What a worthless pile!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

It is certainly looking that way. A loss on Sunday would likely cement the label "mediocre" for this season.  Even if they go 11-5 or 12-4, which won't tell us much because....Outside of the Eagles, the rest of the match ups are against pretty lousy teams and a decent one in the Bills.
    Posted by ipot

right now, they need to get back some confidence.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I remember a team in 2001 that was 5-5 before getting it together for a successful playoff run and I remember a seemingly unstoppable team in 2007 beaten by a team that got it together at the 'right' time. Last year's Green Bay team was also a team that played best when it counted. As a huge fan I'm not happy with the way the Patriots are playing right now - but I hope we are positioning to play our best football in December and January with a final win on February 5th.
    Posted by mbear3915

Well put as many people just do not focus on the fact the finish line is still EIGHT games away.  There is a lot of presumption here the team WILL NOT improve.  How soon they forget that 2001 team.  Now, because of those successes through 2007, the expectation is the same game in and game out.  How many here would like to be the fans of the Chargers?  4 - 5 or 5 - 3.. pick your poison.  That team was a pick in many corners to be in the SB this year!! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It is certainly looking that way. A loss on Sunday would likely cement the label "mediocre" for this season.  Even if they go 11-5 or 12-4, which won't tell us much because....Outside of the Eagles, the rest of the match ups are against pretty lousy teams and a decent one in the Bills.
    Posted by ipot

REALLY??  So, the team roars throught the rest of the season, finishing 11 - 5 after your, apparent, opinion the team will lose this Sunday. They make the playoffs and even, heaven forbid, a MEDIOCRE PATS team wins the SB?  An 11 - 5 season is a mediocre one with a SB win at the end.  I think there are a lot of fans who wish their team could have a MEDIOCRE 11 - 5 season!!  You are SO SPOILED!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

The Pats should start Slater at WR. This will keep either Cromatie or Revis occupied.Let Tiquan take Slater's place on ST=pecial teams
    One game at a time

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts