The Patriots fast-tracking to mediocrity?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: The Patriots fast-tracking to mediocrity?

In Response to Re: The Patriots fast-tracking to mediocrity?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Patriots fast-tracking to mediocrity? : Well put as many people just do not focus on the fact the finish line is still EIGHT games away.  There is a lot of presumption here the team WILL NOT improve.  How soon they forget that 2001 team.  Now, because of those successes through 2007, the expectation is the same game in and game out.  How many here would like to be the fans of the Chargers?  4 - 5 or 5 - 3.. pick your poison.  That team was a pick in many corners to be in the SB this year!! 
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

You are right. We are wrong to expect so much from this team. They are not the 2001-2004 team that was stack with talent on the defensive side of the ball. I would actually be pretty happy if this crew manages to pull off 10-6 or 11-5.

I do not think people are judging it on the first eight games of this season. I think they are judging it based on this team starting with the Super Bowl loss and seeing the same problems continuing to fester and in some cases worsening.

What makes you think this defense WILL improve? If anything it is worse than last year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats should start Slater at WR. This will keep either Cromatie or Revis occupied.Let Tiquan take Slater's place on ST=pecial teams One game at a time
    Posted by viewer222[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am sure that Slater and his ONE career reception in FOUR season will really take up a lot of attention! My guess is that if he had something to offer this offense we would have seen it by now. He is on this team for his special teams skill.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Patriots fast-tracking to mediocrity? :...  They are not the 2001-2004 team that was stack with talent on the defensive side of the ball.... Posted by FrnkBnhm[/QUOTE]
    THis is part of the problem, IMHO.  Many fans just do not take into consideration the team changes a lot from season to season.  There are the core players, but, many other pieces change.  There is still quite a hang-over from the 2007 season, most likely because Brady and BB are still here.  There is a BIG hunger in this fan base to get back to those dominant years in the mid "oughts".  Unfortunately, a team that has such a dominating stretch is an aberration, not the norm.  Too many fans are expecting this "norm"!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

"Just another team" according to a NFL 'analyst'.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Patriots fast-tracking to mediocrity? : Yes, I am sure that Slater and his ONE career reception in FOUR season will really take up a lot of attention! My guess is that if he had something to offer this offense we would have seen it by now. He is on this team for his special teams skill.
    Posted by FrnkBnhm[/QUOTE]

if what you;r saying is true then that's just too bad. this team is not going anywhere if they don't get more people involved. other tear teams have figured out ww and the TEs. some teams do not have the capability to execute the blueprint. the good teams do. 

they better learn how to make other teams respect slater/price and the ground game, else we'll seeing the same story again. 

Sections
Shortcuts