The Patriots just signed Brandon Bolden!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Patriots just signed Brandon Bolden!

While everyone else was watching the Gaffney deal go down I was waiting for the BJGE replacement and surprise he just signed!I know he's BJGE's replacement because he went to Mississippi! He's a carbon copy,he rushed for 937 yards last year with 14 rushing TD's. He has skills as they say in the game,he returns kicks and was a gunner on the return teams and get this he catches the ball as well,not that he will ever see a pass in New England and this I know for sure because they have WR's coming out of the woodworks playing in New England.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: The Patriots just signed Brandon Bolden!

According to Bleacher Report he signed with Washington

Do you have a different link?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Sounds good . . . I still expect a veteran at some point, but I never thought BB would go into the season with just three RBs and a FB.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Hmmm...conflicting reports

Go down to the Pats section.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Interesting.  Since they haven't signed a veteran, they must be set with Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead and Bolden. They still need more, IMO.  I'd go after Grant at this point.

He had some injury issues, but he's got some decent size at 5'11 215.

He signed with the Pats. He Tweeted it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think with all the young guys (Ridley and Vereen), a veteran makes more sense than a rookie for the 53-man roster, but bringing in additional young guys for competition (and practice squad development) is also a good move.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Anybody have a definitive link as to whether Bolden is heading to Massachusetts or Washington,D.C.?I haven't seen either site repeal their intitial claim.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i am definitely for getting grant.....ridley and vereen can get the job done....but grant is a proven back

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

You need to get yoru facts straight....He signed with Redskins

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1157008-brandon-bolden-to-team-video-highlights-analysis-and-scouting-report

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Patriots.

It was a false report, as Tweeted by Bolden himself.

"Although bleacherreport.com reported on April 30, 2012 that he had agreed to a free agent contract with the Washington Redskins, Bolden later tweeted that report was false. On May 2, 2012, a NY Times blog reported that he had signed a free agent deal with the New England Patriots."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Boldin comes with a bunch of baggage in the way of suspensions and just being a bonehead. He might make for good camp competition or stashed away on PS but not sure if he earns a spot over any of the current FB's currently signed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

In Response to Re: The Patriots just signed Brandon Bolden!:
    [QUOTE]Patriots. It was a false report, as Tweeted by Bolden himself. "Although bleacherreport.com reported on April 30, 2012 that he had agreed to a free agent contract with the Washington Redskins, Bolden later tweeted that report was false. On May 2, 2012, a NY Times blog reported that he had signed a free agent deal with the New England Patriots."
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]
    You need to get your facts straight...he signed with the Patriots. 
      Give it another day and he will sign with the Packers. Then the Toronto Maple Leafs. This guys good! Yell

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Patriots just signed Brandon Bolden! : You need to get your facts straight...he signed with the Patriots.    Give it another day and he will sign with the Packers. Then the Toronto Maple Leafs. This guys good!
    Posted by Stommpper[/QUOTE]

If Brian Burke signs him, he's probably a bust . . . 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Boldin comes with a bunch of baggage in the way of suspensions and just being a bonehead. He might make for good camp competition or stashed away on PS but not sure if he earns a spot over any of the current FB's currently signed.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Eng, bleacherreport says he has a bunch of baggage, but I could find only one reference to a suspension and no other reports of bad behaviour. He was suspended with three other team members for one game for "breaking team rules."  (No specifics provided.)

Other than that, I can't find anything negative about him . . . do you know of anything else?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Patriots just signed Brandon Bolden! : Eng, bleacherreport says he has a bunch of baggage, but I could find only one reference to a suspension and no other reports of bad behaviour. He was suspended with three other team members for one game for "breaking team rules."  (No specifics provided.) Other than that, I can't find anything negative about him . . . do you know of anything else?
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

I know he was suspended in the 2011 season. For some reason I thought he was suspended in 2010 too. He's a profootball weekly scouting report citing lack of maturity and the 2011 suspension.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Patriots just signed Brandon Bolden! :  Other than that, I can't find anything negative about him . . . do you know of anything else? Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]He signed with the Pats the team who will not run the ball even when they can.On a worse note I was cruising for hookers and picked up my mom ,I now dread mothers day.
    Posted by sod11[/QUOTE]
    The real question here is, did she charge you or give you a family discount?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

WhatInTH's goin' on here?!?  Who IS this guy?  Does he play football?  Where's he goin'?  Is he or someone else on here, sleeping with my mom!?!  And what role does the lamb in the garter belt and stockings play in all this???!!!  Finally, Am or Am I not now, going to have to exchange my mother's day gift because of all this?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

He ran a 4.51 at his pro day, with a much better 20 yard dash than at the combine.  That's good.  He still has to make the 53 player limit or go on the practice squad.  Lots and lots of players are going to get cut this year.  90 players in preseason minus 53 in September leaves 37 guys scrambling and waiting by the phone.

P.S. if Bolden is on the field, Brady is going to try to throw to him. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Excellent, Ridley, Woodhead, Vareen and now a guy who was signed by the Redskins get to pick up a blitz by Jason Pierre Paul in next years SB. We should be fine.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think if the Pats truly wish to establish the run game, they have a great lead blocking back in Fiametta if he is healthy. I think he must be included in the backfield numbers if the Pats are serious about establishing the running game. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

He's a pretty good back, wonder why a guy like him goes undrafted while vereen and ridley are 2nd and 3rd round picks. Is there that much of a difference? Baggage? I don't know, just curious. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]B.B. just reached for Vareen and Ridley like he always does... Didnt you know? Its only been said a million times in the last week (sarcasm)
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

They were both pretty good in the limited time that they played last year, I just wasn't sure what the deal was with Bolden, why nobody drafted him. I never saw him play but his stats look pretty good and he plays in the tough SEC.

Sections
Shortcuts