The Patriots opened at 21 point favorites, how many Pats fans are betting their entire bankroll to cover.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtsMan73. Show ColtsMan73's posts

The Patriots opened at 21 point favorites, how many Pats fans are betting their entire bankroll to cover.

After going to the game on Sunday, i bet it closes at 23 1/2.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: The Patriots opened at 21 point favorites, how many Pats fans are betting their entire bankroll to cover.

They ought to change it to 31.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: The Patriots opened at 21 point favorites, how many Pats fans are betting their entire bankroll to cover.

Everyone is being ridiculous, this is the only game that the Colts will be productive or put forth any effort in in the entire season. They don't like us, they're going to give us their best. Sure, their defense can't stop a nose bleed because they stupidly invested 37 million (20 for Peyton, 17 for Collins) in the Quarterback position when they should've gotten CBs and DTs, but they're going to come hard. 

And we don't have an explosive offense like The Saints. The Saints have 3 WR and a TE that can go deep at will, we only have Gronkowski. Won't be a 50-0 game like most of you are saying, closer to a 35-3. My guess is to take the over. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: The Patriots opened at 21 point favorites, how many Pats fans are betting their entire bankroll to cover.:
    [QUOTE]Everyone is being ridiculous, this is the only game that the Colts will be productive or put forth any effort in in the entire season. Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Be real dude. This is going to be a slaughter. Patriots 55 dolts 9

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In Response to Re: The Patriots opened at 21 point favorites, how many Pats fans are betting their entire bankroll to cover.:
    [QUOTE]They ought to change it to 31.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

31 points? Come on Kansas don't be so ridiculous!

They should change it to 50 Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Patriots opened at 21 point favorites, how many Pats fans are betting their entire bankroll to cover. : 31 points? Come on Kansas don't be so ridiculous! They should change it to 50
    Posted by IrishMob7[/QUOTE]

The truth.  LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Patriots opened at 21 point favorites, how many Pats fans are betting their entire bankroll to cover. : Be real dude. This is going to be a slaughter. Patriots 55 dolts 9

Even with their best efforts, I still don't think they stand a chance to beat us. I mean we're not going to impose our will on them and score everytime we touch the ball. They're going to make an effort to stop us and we all know that Freeny drinks Matt Light's milkshake the same way Mathis drinks Vollmer's. 

I can see us pounding them, but it certainly won't be easy. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

^^^The home crowd will be leaving at halftime.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Hope the Pats win and BB runs up the score!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I could never imagne the Patriots sinking to such a low as the dolts have this season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I am sure they will be playing loud crowd noise with through the speakers!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Very sad Cry this week.  This is the game to look forward to each year and now it's reduced to this....Also very sad if we never see a Manning/Brady showdown again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

as long as the Patriots win, i don't care by how many.

The win will seem somewhat hollow since poutin peyton isn't playing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I can't ever recall a spread of 21 in the Pros-college of course- but the NFL? I believe the Pats were 14 point dogs in the 1st SB against the Rams? I've seen the teens but never the 20's-WOW the Colts are pathetic. Great job Polian-LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The Patriots were 23½-point favorites over the Eagles in 2007. The largest point spread ever in the NFL was in 1976, when the expansion Tampa Bay Buccaneers were 24-point underdogs to the defending Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3120882

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

[QUOTE]Everyone is being ridiculous, this is the only game that the Colts will be productive or put forth any effort in in the entire season. They don't like us, they're going to give us their best. Sure, their defense can't stop a nose bleed because they stupidly invested 37 million (20 for Peyton, 17 for Collins) in the Quarterback position when they should've gotten CBs and DTs, but they're going to come hard.  And we don't have an explosive offense like The Saints. The Saints have 3 WR and a TE that can go deep at will, we only have Gronkowski. Won't be a 50-0 game like most of you are saying, closer to a 35-3. My guess is to take the over. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Um, what is ridiculous is your response. I've no idea if they'll cover the spread or not, but your predicted score is an easy cover and then you predict the over when the over is 49.5 and your predicted score totals 38. If you need a bookie I'd be happy to oblige you.

Oh, and on offense as compared to the Saints, we are second in the NFL to them in average yards per game, with 429.5 to their 436.9 (they average about 7 yds more per game rushing and we're almost identical in passing). In scoring the Saints are 2nd in the NFL to GB's 34.7 per gm, at 31.3, while we are 3rd at 30.1 per game. To say that we don't have an explosive offense like the Saints is just foolish.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Patriots opened at 21 point favorites, how many Pats fans are betting their entire bankroll to cover. : Even with their best efforts, I still don't think they stand a chance to beat us. I mean we're not going to impose our will on them and score everytime we touch the ball. They're going to make an effort to stop us and we all know that Freeny drinks Matt Light's milkshake the same way Mathis drinks Vollmer's.  I can see us pounding them, but it certainly won't be easy. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

I think you underestimate the Clots will to lay down and die.  STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP.  I also think you underestimate Bill Bs disdain for all things Clot, esp. Polian.  STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP.  Also, the 4th and 2.  STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP.  Coach Carved-From-Soap and his ever unchanging visage, deadpan on the sideline while his team is fed to the dogs to get a guy no one is really sure can play. STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP.  St. Dungy and his ONE RING pontificating on the television about what people "should" do while Rodney! FR!CKIN! HARRISON! doubts the defense.  DOUBTS THE DEFENSE!!!! STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP.

If we have a 70+ point game, that will probably do, as long as the Clots don't get to score more than 3.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]I could never imagne the Patriots sinking to such a low as the dolts have this season.

Oh, I can. In fact, if you close your eyes and think hard enough you can just make out the foggy images of Dick McPherson, Sam Jankovich and Victor Kiam, and you might be able to imagine it yourself.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Patriots opened at 21 point favorites, how many Pats fans are betting their entire bankroll to cover. : Oh, I can. In fact, if you close your eyes and think hard enough you can make out the foggy images of Dick McPherson, Sam Jankovich and Victor Kiam, and you might be able to imagine it yourself.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^RIGHT HERE IS IT^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

God bless Robert Kraft.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Thanks Digger-very interesting!In Response to Re: The Patriots opened at 21 point favorites, how many Pats fans are betting their entire bankroll to cover.:
    [QUOTE]The Patriots were 23½-point favorites over the Eagles in 2007. The largest point spread ever in the NFL was in 1976, when the expansion Tampa Bay Buccaneers were 24-point underdogs to the defending Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3120882
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Totally agree. Anyone that says the Pats O is not explosive must be watching a different team than me. We have had a few games with lower than usual points scored, but I'm sure Denver would even take those for their average. LOLIn Response to Re: The Patriots opened at 21 point favorites, how many Pats fans are betting their entire bankroll to cover.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Patriots opened at 21 point favorites, how many Pats fans are betting their entire bankroll to cover. : Um, what is ridiculous is your response. I've no idea if they'll cover the spread or not, but your predicted score is an easy cover and then you predict the over when the over is 49.5 and your predicted score totals 38. If you need a bookie I'd be happy to oblige you. Oh, and on offense as compared to the Saints, we are second in the NFL to them in average yards per game, with 429.5 to their 436.9 (they average about 7 yds more per game rushing and we're almost identical in passing). In scoring the Saints are 2nd in the NFL to GB's 34.7 per gm, at 31.3, while we are 3rd at 30.1 per game. To say that we don't have an explosive offense like the Saints is just foolish.
    Posted by capecodwilly[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

In the history, They don't cover the big spread therefore there are a lots of people put the money to the Colts.  Look back on previous monday night game vs the Chiefs (34-3).  It might be the same results.  This game is a chance for the second units to step on the field after the halftime or late third quarter.  We are in search of the third receivers, so that Ocho, Taylor, Matthews and Tiquan have a chance to show their skills.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Only a fool would bet to cover such a huge spread. Nobody knows how BB will play this. He could play it like a preseason game. The starters could run up a lead in the first half and then watch it drop during the second because all the subs are playing. BB won't care about the stats or final score as long as it's a win.

Then again if there weren't so many fools around Vegas wouldn't exist.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]Only a fool would bet to cover such a huge spread. Nobody knows how BB will play this. He could play it like a preseason game. The starters could run up a lead in the first half and then watch it drop during the second because all the subs are playing. BB won't care about the stats or final score as long as it's a win. Then again if there weren't so many fools around Vegas wouldn't exist.
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

WSJ says the Pats have NO CHANCE to cover

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts