The Patriots will end the Colts and Saints undefeated seasons!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from achrusciel. Show achrusciel's posts

Re: The Patriots will end the Colts and Saints undefeated seasons!

In Response to The Patriots will end the Colts and Saints undefeated seasons!:
    I can see it now. First we light up Miami's WEAK secondary. Next we travel to Indy and embarrass Peyton with our defense again.  Then the revenge destruction of the Jets and to cap it off a Monday Night Shoot out with Brees and the Saints( where we win 38-28 ). Big stretch for N.E! Go Pats!
    Posted by TrueChamp

Are you Pete Sheppard?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'll be happy with one victory out of those 2 games and I hope it is the Colts because of the playoff implications. That being said you never know..Things have a way of leveling themselves out over the course of the season. The thing about beating New Orleans is you have to score almost every time you have the ball. If you turn the ball over once it could cost you the game.It's going to be a great test for our defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from atz640. Show atz640's posts

I can see it now. First we light up Miami's WEAK secondary. Next we travel to Indy and embarrass Peyton with our defense again.  Then the revenge destruction of the Jets and to cap it off a Monday Night Shoot out with Brees and the Saints( where we win 38-28 ). Big stretch for N.E! Go Pats!
    Posted by TrueChamp

What does this have to do with saving money on my car insurance???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

Yes it is leon....but at least i had the b alls to tell everyone what GR meant, not that it makes a difference....You on the other hand must think everyone here is stupid and you expect everyone to believe your story-telling that you actually played DIV1 football without any proof....If you cant proove it, then you are a fraud, just like the jets are.

You spend your whole day in here ranting and ranting of how much the jets are better...blah, blah, blah.....Dont you have a job? You get banned, then 5 seconds later, pull out another stupid nickname, and then get banned again....I guess that is your job, to act like a simpleton!!

You rant about how people should shut their mouth..etc!! But just face the facts leon, you are a fraud! You cant proove squat...All talk, no actions

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

Yes you do have a job...."sir would you like fries with that"? That could be the only job you have since you post really early. Just face the facts leon, you are a fraud, a story-telling fraud!

The only weight you ever pick up is the lard you mix in with the fries!! I cant wait to see what nick-name you come up with next....what does the GR stand for?

Wait.......you played football right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: The Patriots will end the Colts and Saints undefeated seasons!:
    I have a great job-Very lucrative. I really can't believe just how stupid Gymrat is.Right after me explaining that there is NEVER any personal information shared in an anonymous forum he goes right ahead and asks again for more personal information!??? Put down the dumbells Dumbell and go read a book. You believe what you want Simpleton.Your opinion means less then nothing. Oh and How are ya!?     LOL OK gang-Now that that nuisance has been dealt with...what's on your feeble minds this fine afternoon!? Are you still looking past the Dolphins??? Remember-Your eloquently written and well thought out posts are always welcome!
    Posted by GLeonR

Get Real Leon.  Nobody successful does what you do on this forum.  Nobody successful behaves as immature and childish as you.  You are void of any logic or reason.  You also define hypocrisy.  Rest assured, not one single poster on this board believes you are successful in life.  Then again, success is also relative.  Perhaps you are now a line manager at the local BK, a position very lucrative relative to an entry level burger flipper...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I have the Pats as 2.7 point favorites in Indy's stadium.  Indy and Denver are the biggest fakes around.  Did you see Indy struggle and flail around against the San Francisco (who?) 49ers?

New Orleans is a little tougher.  They are 0.6 point favorites at home versus the Pats, not quite a tossup.  The Saints pulled out yesterday's victory versus Atlanta but it wasn't quite a Tennessee waltz for them.

Does anyone realize how many warm games the pass-happy Pats are playing?  Miami at home is scheduled to be sunny and in the 50s.  Then there's Indy in a dome, home, New Orleans in a dome, Miami at Miami, then two freezers at home and one at Buffalo, then at Houston. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

Did you ever see the commericial...this is your brain, this is your brain on drugs...any questions? That one is for you leon!

You have no logic, or no purpose in life. You rant and rave in this forum about mindless BS, you cant proove your pathetic logic. You have no proof behind your stupid arguments, you cant be a man about how the jets are falling on their face......AGAIN!!! You make no sense, you tell people not call names, but your the first to call people a name. You say you played football, but you cant proove it. I think you're jealous that I work out, and the only work out you get all day is from loading the fries onto the counter..Maybe I should just call you mummbles from now on, since you make no sense!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: The Patriots will end the Colts and Saints undefeated seasons!:
    I have the Pats as 2.7 point favorites in Indy's stadium.  Indy and Denver are the biggest fakes around.  Did you see Indy struggle and flail around against the San Francisco (who?) 49ers? New Orleans is a little tougher.  They are 0.6 point favorites at home versus the Pats, not quite a tossup.  The Saints pulled out yesterday's victory versus Atlanta but it wasn't quite a Tennessee waltz for them. Does anyone realize how many warm games the pass-happy Pats are playing?  Miami at home is scheduled to be sunny and in the 50s.  Then there's Indy in a dome, home, New Orleans in a dome, Miami at Miami, then two freezers at home and one at Buffalo, then at Houston. 
    Posted by Paul_K

You should head to Vegas..I guarantee the Colts will be favored by at least 4 points in that game..You can get rich

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I just don't understand where people see the Saints as not impressive.  Boggles the mind.  They've beaten: Det 45-27; @ Phi 48-22; @ buf 27-7; NYJ 24-10; NYG 48-27; @ Mia 46-34; Atl 35-27 For those not impressed, what would impress you? Yes their defense can be scored on, but their offense is dominating.  Maybe 2007 Patriotslike.  They have been nothing if not impressive.
    Posted by underdogg

Dogg, you FB-IQ is a vast as I have ever encountered, but look at the teams the Saints have beaten. The best QB in the bunch is Eli Manning. I believe that if Philly had McNabb in their game against the Saints that the Saints would be 6-1 right now. If the Jets had a good QB, the Jets win that game. They held the Saints to only 10 offensive points, Sanchez handed them 14. If the Phins had a "good" passing teams, the Saints lose that game too. 

If I have to pick between Drew Brees and Tom Brady in a shootout I would pick Brady. To me, Brady and Manning are in a league of their own, Drew Brees isn't their. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

Pats are the only tough team on saints schedule. They better beat them if they want saints to not to go 16-0.

Indy we get back to 03-04 days where we have goob CB and safties. Hoping we can beat both and smash jets! Go Pats

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: The Patriots will end the Colts and Saints undefeated seasons! : Dogg, you FB-IQ is a vast as I have ever encountered, but look at the teams the Saints have beaten. The best QB in the bunch is Eli Manning. I believe that if Philly had McNabb in their game against the Saints that the Saints would be 6-1 right now. If the Jets had a good QB, the Jets win that game. They held the Saints to only 10 offensive points, Sanchez handed them 14. If the Phins had a "good" passing teams, the Saints lose that game too.  If I have to pick between Drew Brees and Tom Brady in a shootout I would pick Brady. To me, Brady and Manning are in a league of their own, Drew Brees isn't their. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

My football IQ is for sh*t.  Eagles and NYG are talented.  Jets beat the pats and are talented.  Miami has a heck of an offensive scheme and nearly beat the colts and at the very least are competitive. 

I never said that the saints can't be beaten, and I certainly think that the pats have an even chance of beating them, but the Saints have faced good competition and they have prevailed  pretty convincinglly in most of them.  To me that is impressive. 

Who has been more impressive this year?  please do not say the colts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: The Patriots will end the Colts and Saints undefeated seasons! : My football IQ is for sh*t.  Eagles and NYG are talented.  Jets beat the pats and are talented.  Miami has a heck of an offensive scheme and nearly beat the colts and at the very least are competitive.  I never said that the saints can't be beaten, and I certainly think that the pats have an even chance of beating them, but the Saints have faced good competition and they have prevailed  pretty convincinglly in most of them.  To me that is impressive.  Who has been more impressive this year?  please do not say the colts.
    Posted by underdogg

I was actually trying to pay you a compliment by speaking about your FB-IQ. I apologize if I offended you, but I am not convinced that these Saints are "who we think they are". Out of their 7 victories, they have faced "good teams" in 5 out of the 7. They faced the Eagles without their pro-bowl QB who I think can compete with Brees in a shoot-out. They beat the Jets, but if the Jets had QB who threw balls to his teammates, the Jets easily win that game. The Phins owned them for the majority of their game, then the Saints learned that the Dolphins' secondary is atrocious, if the Phins knew how to close out a game they win. 

If you look at the trends of the games the Saints have played against the AFC East, the AFCE has found a way to hold slow down their offense. The Phins had their number, the Bills slowed them down for three quarters, and the Jets deserved to come out the winners of their game. If the Saints bring that level of competition to the Vikings in the NFCC, they will lose. I've said it before, I know they are an elite team, but they are not the best team in the NFL. The Colts have shown a better defensive and offensive performance than the Saints, the Saints are just running on all cylinders. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rascus. Show Rascus's posts

Id be more impressed right now with winning our games against the Dolphins and the Jets....then the Colts....really all we need to really put us in the drivers seat...Saints not so important as they are an NFC team....Go Patriots!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

Posted by TrueChamp

I love the confidence! I have to say, though, personally I'm not going to let myself get too psyched up yet. I feel excited about the Pats' chances to dominate and put on a great show through this stretch of games, but I'm not ready to get cocky about it yet.

Of the upcoming games, I feel the best about the Jets @ Patriots. It's a home game. Our guys have already played them, and there's no way BB goes 0-2 against them this season. Brady performed poorly in the second half of their week 2 game, but that was before he finished shaking off the rust. And, of course, Wes Welker will be around for the big rematch, ready to wreak havoc in the slot and catch screen passes from Tom (+ gain crazy YAC) on those blitzes. Plus, there's the fact that the Jets seemed satisfied with their initial win over the Patriots and they have been totally awful lately.

I think that Miami can be really explosive on offense/special teams, and we shouldn't underestimate them. They pushed the Colts nearly to the breaking point and challenged the Saints until the fourth quarter. Their season started off poorly, but they are 3-1 over the past four games. On the other hand, their defense has given up the most points in the AFC East and I agree that their secondary can be exploited. I'm sure Belichick and Brady will try to take full advantage of the inexperience of the Fins cornerbacks and go for a pass-happy attack. Still, this isn't an automatic win. CONSTANT VIGILANCE, ALL.

As for the Saints and the Colts, I'm undecided about which game will be more difficult. At the moment, I believe the Saints are the better team, though. Their offense is very balanced and very well-executed. Their defense has looked vulnerable lately, but teams still have to worry about stopping Drew Brees and company from putting up 35+ points on them.

The Colts have a sort of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thing going on this season, with convincing wins over the Cardinals, Seahawks, Titans, and Rams, but very close contests against the Jaguars, Dolphins, and 49ers. Peyton Manning is having a great season and the Pats secondary will have to be on point. The Colts running game looks a little weak, which is a plus for New England, since they are having some trouble stopping it so far this season.

As for the quarterback question, though, I will take Tom Brady over Manning and Brees every time. With his recent emergence, the next five games are really his time to take control of the team's playoff campaign. NE's young defense also needs to continue to improve every week and receive good leadership from Mayo and Meriweather. Any improvement in the team's pass rush would also help a great deal -- I am looking at you, Derrick Burgess! Overall, I think the Pats are extremely capable of beating every team on the upcoming schedule, but they will have to bring the intensity, confidence (especially when it comes to not letting the crowds bug them in the dome games), and will also need to execute almost perfectly. I'm excited to see what happens.

Oh, and to those who were talking unfavorably about females on sports forums -- not cool. A troll is a troll. A sports fan can be any gender and many females do know what we are talking about.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to The Patriots will end the Colts and Saints undefeated seasons! : I love the confidence! I have to say, though, personally I'm not going to let myself get too psyched up yet. I feel excited about the Pats' chances to dominate and put on a great show through this stretch of games, but I'm not ready to get cocky about it yet. Of the upcoming games, I feel the best about the Jets @ Patriots. It's a home game. Our guys have already played them, and there's no way BB goes 0-2 against them this season. Brady performed poorly in the second half of their week 2 game, but that was before he finished shaking off the rust. And, of course, Wes Welker will be around for the big rematch, ready to wreak havoc in the slot and catch screen passes from Tom (+ gain crazy YAC) on those blitzes. Plus, there's the fact that the Jets seemed satisfied with their initial win over the Patriots and they have been totally awful lately. I think that Miami can be really explosive on offense/special teams, and we shouldn't underestimate them. They pushed the Colts nearly to the breaking point and challenged the Saints until the fourth quarter. Their season started off poorly, but they are 3-1 over the past four games. On the other hand, their defense has given up the most points in the AFC East and I agree that their secondary can be exploited. I'm sure Belichick and Brady will try to take full advantage of the inexperience of the Fins cornerbacks and go for a pass-happy attack. Still, this isn't an automatic win. CONSTANT VIGILANCE, ALL. As for the Saints and the Colts, I'm undecided about which game will be more difficult. At the moment, I believe the Saints are the better team, though. Their offense is very balanced and very well-executed. Their defense has looked vulnerable lately, but teams still have to worry about stopping Drew Brees and company from putting up 35+ points on them. The Colts have a sort of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thing going on this season, with convincing wins over the Cardinals, Seahawks, Titans, and Rams, but very close contests against the Jaguars, Dolphins, and 49ers. Peyton Manning is having a great season and the Pats secondary will have to be on point. The Colts running game looks a little weak, which is a plus for New England, since they are having some trouble stopping it so far this season. As for the quarterback question, though, I will take Tom Brady over Manning and Brees every time. With his recent emergence, the next five games are really his time to take control of the team's playoff campaign. NE's young defense also needs to continue to improve every week and receive good leadership from Mayo and Meriweather. Any improvement in the team's pass rush would also help a great deal -- I am looking at you, Derrick Burgess! Overall, I think the Pats are extremely capable of beating every team on the upcoming schedule, but they will have to bring the intensity, confidence (especially when it comes to not letting the crowds bug them in the dome games), and will also need to execute almost perfectly. I'm excited to see what happens. Oh, and to those who were talking unfavorably about females on sports forums -- not cool. A troll is a troll. A sports fan can be any gender and many females do know what we are talking about.
    Posted by PeaceLaur

Good Post PeacLaur, I actually live in South Florida and have seen a lot of the fishes games. Up until last week I was actually not looking forward to playing them. They were running a strong gimmick play and they were stopping the run on defense. I respect there run game but BB is a master of taking away a teams strength and I think we will stop it dead and make Henne beat us. Plus I think we will score early and often putting them in a hole and minimizing the rush attack. The special teams is more of a wild card in that game then the wild cat is! After watching Sanchez shred there secondary(along with every other team they have played this year) I realize that this game has the makings of a big win for us.

The Jets will get what they have coming for them!

As to the Saints and Colts I think our defense is as good or better then what they have and like you said when it comes down to the most important position in the game we have Tom Brady and I'll put my money on Brady over anybody else all day! This is not the 07 Pats offense but its not the 06 Pats offense either. As Brady continues to improve mentally and physically So will the teams execution on the field.

Remember this is just my opinion but if our defense had not declined due to injury and age Tom Brady and the Patriots would have 5 superbowls. That should not be a shocking statement to anybody as when the 07 superbowl was on the line Brady drove the ball down the field and would have won the game on a td to Moss! Not to mention the 2006 season which may have been Brady's best job ever with Reche wide eyed caldwell as his #1 wr. We have the best QB in the NFL and with a much improved defense I  believe in our team and am excited to watch the next 4 games!

I try and be as realistic as the next guy when assessing the Pats season and making my educated guesses, but the fact is that we are a very good football team with a great QB and a great head coach. We are gonna kick some teams in the ballz this year and hopefully stay healthy enough to give us another chance at winning a Superbowl.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

In Response to Re: The Patriots will end the Colts and Saints undefeated seasons! : Good Post PeacLaur, I actually live in South Florida and have seen a lot of the fishes games. Up until last week I was actually not looking forward to playing them. They were running a strong gimmick play and they were stopping the run on defense. I respect there run game but BB is a master of taking away a teams strength and I think we will stop it dead and make Henne beat us. Plus I think we will score early and often putting them in a hole and minimizing the rush attack. The special teams is more of a wild card in that game then the wild cat is! After watching Sanchez shred there secondary(along with every other team they have played this year) I realize that this game has the makings of a big win for us. The Jets will get what they have coming for them! As to the Saints and Colts I think our defense is as good or better then what they have and like you said when it comes down to the most important position in the game we have Tom Brady and I'll put my money on Brady over anybody else all day! This is not the 07 Pats offense but its not the 06 Pats offense either. As Brady continues to improve mentally and physically So will the teams execution on the field. Remember this is just my opinion but if our defense had not declined due to injury and age Tom Brady and the Patriots would have 5 superbowls. That should not be a shocking statement to anybody as when the 07 superbowl was on the line Brady drove the ball down the field and would have won the game on a td to Moss! Not to mention the 2006 season which may have been Brady's best job ever with Reche wide eyed caldwell as his #1 wr. We have the best QB in the NFL and with a much improved defense I  believe in our team and am excited to watch the next 4 games! I try and be as realistic as the next guy when assessing the Pats season and making my educated guesses, but the fact is that we are a very good football team with a great QB and a great head coach. We are gonna kick some teams in the ballz this year and hopefully stay healthy enough to give us another chance at winning a Superbowl.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Thanks, TrueChamp. I've enjoyed reading what everyone here has to say for a little while and figured I might as well participate. I do love talking football!

It's good to hear an opinion on the Fins from someone who has seen them in action more than the average Patriots fan. If the offense can score early and/or stop the run like you think they can, putting the game on Henne's shoulders would be great for the Pats. From what I've heard he shows promise, but he's still developing, and the Dolphins don't have a lot of talent at WR. Your take on the matchup sounds awesome, and I do think this can be a great game for us.

I agree about the defense. Every once in a while I get some smug Patriots-hater who tries to tell me that Brady choked in Super Bowl XLII, and I have to point out that Brady delivered what would have been the game-winning drive if the defense just could have held up. So I agree, TB and Belichick probably would have four or five rings if it weren't for some of the problems on the defense in the past few years.

I definitely try to be realistic when I make my predictions, too. I don't want to be too much of a homer, although when I'm cheering for them so hard the emotions and logic get mixed up sometimes. However, this year's team has a lot of talent and I think it's completely reasonable to expect them to perform well and contend for another championship!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I'd rather win all the AFC games and think we will, but the Saints are one of if not the the best team in the league...  they are no mirage.  They also don't have a ton of depth, given a key injury here or there and they would fall off fast. 

The Colts can be had but with Manning they always have a puncher's chance. 

The Dolphins will always play tough with Parcells looking down from the skybox and as long as they run and play D they can win.

The Jet's are done...  Sanchez has hit a rookie wall, Kris Jenkins is easily the worst possible person that could have got injured for them, but just in case Leon Washington is gone just for good measure. 

In closing, if we lose in this stretch it will probably be to the Saints...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

The Colts can be had but with Manning they always have a puncher's chance.  Posted by wozzy

Wozzy, do you expect the pats to be favored against the colts?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Saints and Colts are good teams. That said I can see where we can beat them both.

Monday night the Saints struggled against the Falcons, had Jenkins made the catch for a first @ the 10 yard line or the ref not made a terrible holding call, game would have gone the other way.

Colts struggled this past week end and just made it past the 49'rs. They have played well this year, but nothing I think we need to be afraid of.

We could lose to both as is always the case, but I predict wins for both games for the Pats.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: The Patriots will end the Colts and Saints undefeated seasons! : Wozzy, do you expect the pats to be favored against the colts?
    Posted by underdogg

We'll see what happens leading up to their game, a weaker division doesn't always affect the line so the Colts could very well be favored but the AFCEast is the best division in football.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

The colts are undefeated because they have not played a solid team. The almost lost to the 49ers

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

The Colts have shown a better defensive and offensive performance than the Saints, the Saints are just running on all cylinders. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

We are ready for both

In the few games with the colts and the saints I have watched this year, I have
    seen weaknesses. The strengths are obvious, great QB's, receivers and some very good defensive players but they both showed that CAN be beat. The team playing them just could not close for the kill.

I believe where the Patriots are right now, we can win against both teams. This is not about Jets game or Denver game, we would beat them today in a rematch 

Looking forward to every team in front of us.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: The Patriots will end the Colts and Saints undefeated seasons! : We'll see what happens leading up to their game, a weaker division doesn't always affect the line so the Colts could very well be favored but the AFCEast is the best division in football.
    Posted by wozzy

There are people who would beg to differ on this.  There are 3 divisions with more wins than the AFC EAST who have played more games than any division and there is one division with the same number of wins and one less game played. 

I think the NFC North, East and AFC North are better divisions and I think the AFC South is just as good.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Re: The Patriots will end the Colts and Saints undefeated seasons! : Wow I think the Saints are a clear cut better team then the Colts. They produce the most turn overs in the league and there QB is top 3. They also have 3 capable rbs with different skill sets. I am very much more worried about the Saints. The Colts have an adequate defense(shines against bad teams) and NO RUNNING GAME with a top 3 QB. How are they better then the Saints? BB once again has weapons on defense and depth. The only reason we lost to the Colts the last 2 years is because our old declining defense was oft injured and running out of gas. We will have little trouble scoring on the Colts and will have the personnel to once again contain Manning. Also I think it is worth mentioning that our Patriot team last year had the game won in Indy( Thanks Dave Thomas) with a bad defense and Matt Cassel. Now we have a good defense and wait for it..... Tom Brady! Also nobody else has beat the Bucs or the Titans in near the same fashion that we have. There is something to be said for blowing out bad teams. Most teams cannot finish games the way we can. The writing is on the wall people. Have faith in your team. Also to MVP KILLA. I do not over look Miami but I think we will exploit there secondary in  blow out fashion. I also think we can contain the gimmick plays that is Miami's only real weapon.
    Posted by TrueChamp

I didn't say the Saints were better than the Colts; I said the Pats would beat the Saints but not the Colts. 

For all of the logic you posted, and most of it makes sense, the Saints gave up 28 points to the Falcons in the Superdome.  Time will tell.

Sections
Shortcuts