The Patriots will lose 2 games in the next 4 weeks!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: The Patriots will lose 2 games in the next 4 weeks!

NE-decade....

You are right about some fan's perceptions about the Pats this year and one can attribute this to the 2007 hangover and expectations. 

How about defining what is an "elite" team?  Do you mean this season or year to year?  Of the 3 teams you mention, NO, IND and DEN, I would only classify INDY as an elite team as they have been in the hunt every year and are perennial favorites as are the Pats.  The Pats are part of that discussion as they have been in it every year this decade and only one season removed from having been in the SB.  NO and DEN are off to excellent starts this year and they have yet to prove if it will last as their toughest games are coming up.  As with power rankings, this can all be nothing but opinions and can be very subjective.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gridlocked. Show gridlocked's posts

Thankfully the game is played on the field and one game at a time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Nope.  Not happening.  MAYBE one.  I see the Saints as fundamentally flawed and not terribly challenged.  Miami took them to the limit, and the supposed "real" team they beat, Giants, have gotten it handed to them a few times already.  We will see.  Indy, maybe, BUT they barely pulled it out today over the Niners, and Peyton got no tds on the day.  We dont bow to names, we play the games.  One loss more is all, and maybe not even one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HipHopHooray. Show HipHopHooray's posts

Ok first off let me state that I am a Patriots fan. I'm just am a realist and realize that some teams are better than them. I don't know why that makes me less of a fan? Second the whole "guarantee" thing is just for added effect and I would love to be proven wrong and have the Pats do well. If they do go 3-1 or 4-0 I will not hesitate to admit that I predicted wrong.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I hate when people say we are going to lose to Indy and NO. NO has faced all three AFC east teams and all three had a chance to win. NO isn't the amazing team that people think they are, they are an elite team, but they aren't the best team in the NFL. The Jets could've beaten the Saints, but they have a bad QB. The Phins could've beaten the Saints, but they can't put people away. The Bills also had a chance. 

I "guarantee" the Pats will derail the Saints. 

The Colts game is the game I'm syked about, it's like old times. Saytan and his boys look for another MVP, while the Pats are trying to win a SB. We own Saytan's number, look what the Phins and 9ers almost did. The Colts can be stopped, and if there is one guy who knows how to do it it's Belichick.

Springs on Wayne
    Bodden shuts down Collie
    Guyton on Gonzo
    McGowan on Clark
    Mayo shutting down Addai
    The weather man playing CF, stalking Saytan's moves.

I'm not saying these guys are the same guys from 01-05, but they can do what they did, beat the Colts in their house.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

I honestly believe the Pats are capable of winning out. The next 5 games will be very tough no doubt, but taken ONE game at a time, each team has strengths and weaknesses. If the Pats can execute and BB draws each gameplan up well, then each game can be won, one at a time. I am prob in the minority, but in the next 5 the only team I think we might lose to is Miami, once.
    If it's the next game, then everyone will be doom and gloom about the rest of the season until they beat the Colts the following week.
    I hope SeaBass stays in for Light, he is a BEAST. His getting beat and penalized ONLY occured AFTER he came up limping. Before that he kept Brady clean and had no penalties. He also was a force blocking down the field on runs and maybe screens(?)
    I was unaware that last year the Pats give up the 5th MOST sacks in football. It didn't look like Cassel spent the season on his back to me, but stats are stats.
    I do think Springs was right when he criticized BB for making them play soft on receivers. I love watching tight coverage with balls being batted. If they get beat, that's what the safety is for. I HATE watching play 10 yards off the line, let the other team catch the ball and then tackle them. I think Springs is pretty good, WAY better than Wilhite.
    If Burgess can ever light the fire, he and TBC can do some damage, making everyone's job easier. TBCV has been impressive
    My 2 cents

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

4-0 gives us a guaranteed first round bye.
    3-1 locks up the division.
    2-2 the division is ours to win or lose.

I agree we are gelling and getting better every week. However every team is still gunning to dethrone the team of the decade. The Pats continue to play the other team's "Super Bowl" every time we go out on the field. 3-1 would be a great four game record.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In Response to Re: The Patriots will lose 2 games in the next 4 weeks!:
    [QUOTE]I like the Patriots' chances every week. It is often overlooked that the opposing team must play the Pats as well.
    Posted by Markfx[/QUOTE]

Well said Markfx, I don't see too many teams saying "yes we got the Pats next week , sweet!" I think it is more like "boys we got to get ready for the Pats"

Go Pats!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: The Patriots will lose 2 games in the next 4 weeks!:
    [QUOTE]NE-decade.... You are right about some fan's perceptions about the Pats this year and one can attribute this to the 2007 hangover and expectations.  How about defining what is an "elite" team?  Do you mean this season or year to year?  Of the 3 teams you mention, NO, IND and DEN, I would only classify INDY as an elite team as they have been in the hunt every year and are perennial favorites as are the Pats.  The Pats are part of that discussion as they have been in it every year this decade and only one season removed from having been in the SB.  NO and DEN are off to excellent starts this year and they have yet to prove if it will last as their toughest games are coming up.  As with power rankings, this can all be nothing but opinions and can be very subjective.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

I agree. NO and Den have to show something over 2-3 seasons to be considered "elite" teams in the NFL. We've all seen flash-in-the-pan teams burn bright for one season ( i.e. titans last year) only to disappear the following year. I think Minn will also be in this category. They're be back to so-so status as soon as farve re-retires again, and begins his annual dance-of the-prima-donnas over the winter.

I believe NO will show next year that they're in it for the long term because they've been rebuilding the old fashioned way; gradually over a period of several years. But, they're not there yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozfree1. Show ozfree1's posts

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the Pats win out. If BB calls the plays, Offense and Defense......If we let Passive Pees run amuck we're effed!

Truth be told, the defense is coming together. Brady has got a rhythm. If we combine good play calling with execution (and stay healthy!) there's nothing this team can't do! But we have to dot the 'i's and cross the 't's.......I'm very confident. I have a great feeling about the momentum we've gathered in the past couple weeks (on both sides of the ball). We are in control of our own destiny and sittin pretty right now. It's time to get busy!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

If the offense can throw up 35+; the defense (and emerging secondary) can commit to playing well and winnning, the Pats could "find themselves" and become the team that the fans have been waiting on.  In other words, they could beat any team.  Of course, they simply cannot return to that dismal state where they disappear for 30 minutes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I don't think losing two games would be unthinkable, but I think one is more realistic.  I can see us losing one of the Indy/Saints games, but not both.  We will upset one of them.  We'll handle the Jets and Dolphins.  The Dolphins usually find a way to play us tough though.  They could be 1-6 and still play us tough.  There have been exceptions, but I never take any of their games for granted.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to The Patriots will lose 2 games in the next 4 weeks!:
    [QUOTE]Guarantee! But these will be the only two games they lose for the rest of the regular season.
    Posted by HipHopHooray[/QUOTE]

Leon you sad little bugboy it's been a while since you've used this fake Pats fan name. Are you done posting with your Jets names? Can't imagine why.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

If they go 3-1 over the next 4 weeks I'll be very happy, thats about what I'm expecting.  I see them beating one of either the saints or colts (probably the colts), especially after the 49ers exposed the colts weekness this weekend, I think they are definitely more beatable than that Saints offense.