The Patriots will lose 2 games in the next 4 weeks!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HipHopHooray. Show HipHopHooray's posts

The Patriots will lose 2 games in the next 4 weeks!

Guarantee! But these will be the only two games they lose for the rest of the regular season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Re: The Patriots will lose 2 games in the next 4 weeks!

You are a mook. Guaranteed !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

you know what they say about guarantees

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

one more person on Ignore

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I guess you are not a Pats fan!  If you say you are... you haven't got any confidence in the team, do you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

I believe they will lose 2 of the next 4 as well.  The Saints are relly putting it together, Indy is Indy and 2 potentially tough division games.  Do I hope they go 4-0 yes but good money would say 2-2.  I hope Brady can have a good game against a decent team, lets hope he is all the way back.  Good luck.

The D is also coming around which should help.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

I see them going either 3-1 or 2-2 depending on the Dolphins game.  Reason being that since the NFL started having games in London, teams struggle their first game back in the states.  I can see them taking 1 of the Saints/Colts games.  Also, I do believe that Brady is back, or at least alot better than he was earlier in the season.  He's finally following through on his passes again, which he wasn't doing early on even without pressure.  The real test will of course come when he has to step into one with pressure in his face.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

can-pats & RahZid....

Both of you have not said much about the Pats and their progress these last few weeks.  What have you been watching?

can-pats...  the Saints are putting it together and the Pats aren't?  What do you call 94 points in two weeks?  Yes, the competition may not have been the best, but, GOOD teams do that to bad teams.  The Colts didn't put a 59 - 0 whuppin on the Titans.  In the Broncos game, the Pats gave away a lot of points in the second half missing on opportunities and it took OT, with no possessions in the OT, for them to lose.  In neither loses can we cay the Pats were out of it.

RahZid...  how can you say "teams struggle" when there is a bye week in there?  Statistics show a team coming off a bye week do quite well.  As for Brady, what do you call the pressure he faced in the Jets game and Broncos?  You give the impression he has yet to face any.

My knee jerk impression.. both of you are out of town posters stirring things up, maybe even the same poster given how quickly both of you agreed with HipHop.  The coincidence is too much!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I  guarantee you won't be betting against them and laying points in either the Saints or the Colts game. Your prediction is a front running prediction. If you're right, big deal. Are you going to guarantee the Globetrotters beat the Generals next time around?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

agcsbill - I assure you I've lived in MA my entire life and have been a life long Pats fan.  Yes it is true that the Pats have also been putting it together, but the level of competition simply hasn't been the same as what the Saints have been doing it against.  As for my claim about teams struggling when coming back from London here are the facts:

2007: Giants beat the Dolphins.  In their next games, the Giants lost to the Cowboys following a bye week, The Dolphins lost 13-0 to the bills following the Bye.

2008: Saints beat the Chargers 32-37.  In their next games, The Chargers won by a single point (20-19) against the lowly Chiefs who would finish 2-14 on the season, while the Chargers finished 8-8.  The Saints lost 34-20 against the Falcons also following a bye week.

So who knows how it will play out for both the Pats and the Bucs, but history does not lead me to believe that the game against the Dolphins will be an easy one.

For the results of the Wembley games I used http://www.nfllondon.net/2008.html
    and for the results in the following weeks I went to http://www.nfl.com/schedules?seasonType=REG&season=2008&week=-1#Week
    and changed the year for 2007.
    Just because someone has an individual thought (which I know is rather rare on these boards) doesn't mean that it's some outsider trying to stir things up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

agcsbill - In response to the latter part of your comment about me, I didn't mean to imply that he didn't face pressure earlier in the season and the Jets and Broncos games are excellent examples of that.  When he was facing those defenses, he wasn't following through on his passes even when there was not pressure.  I meant that the test would be if he can continue to follow through as he has been doing the previous couple of weeks when he faces pressure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

RahZid...

Having opinions is not the issue.. it is how so soon two "different" posters agree so readily with the initial post without much discussion. Neither showing too much confidence in their team.  One can have concerns, but to come right out and say  - "they lose 2 out of 4".   Anyway...

To your points, fair enough...   It must also be said the Pats are still putting it together and the last two weeks have looked mighty good, especially the D.  You also have to point out the Colts and Saints, too, haven't exactly faced the stiffest competition.  If we use the Sagarin rankings as a guide, the strength of schedule ranks for the Pats, Colts and Saints are:  # 19, 28 and 18.

Look at how this season has gone.  The Jets looked like world beaters after their first three then lose three in a row.  The Raiders go and beat the Eagles then the next week lose to the Jets 38 - 0!!  The Giants look like the cream of the NFC crop going into NO, then lose two games in a row, one at home to the Cardinals.  Who knows how a team will play week to week, it seems.  So, to project 4 games into the future, like you, HipHop and can-pats have seems very pessimistic right now.

If BB were here, he'd smack you up side of the head and say: " let's worry about the next game and not the next four!"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

I agree completely that you should only look to the next game, I was just working within the constructs of HipHop's post.  Also I would like to point out that I had the Pats winning one of the Colts/Saints games.  If you re-read my initial post you will see that I did in fact mention the progress that Brady and hence the offense has been making over the past couple weeks.

I believe that you need to at least mention the difference in conditions between when the Pats played the Titans and when the Colts played them.  The Pats were playing in near blizzard conditions, and have the personnel to handle such a situation whereas the Titans do not.

Going back to your post where you called out myself and Con-Pats, while it is true that they were not out of either of those games, they were certainly out of the Bills game, until the Bills handed us the W.

I should note that while you said I didn't give it much discussion, my entire post was discussion of why I was saying 3-1 or 2-2.  I cited the London game and how historically it has not been kind to teams returning from that game.  At the very least it was far more discussion than Hip Hop and more substantial than Con-Pats.

Also, if you could stop implying that I'm the same person as Con-Pats that would be great, since I assure you, I'm not that person.  If you would like, go look at my other posts and you will see the same thoughtful pattern of using evidentiary proof, none of which Con-Pats provided.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Markfx. Show Markfx's posts

I like the Patriots' chances every week. It is often overlooked that the opposing team must play the Pats as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

RahZid.. you are not Con-Pats.... nuff said...   as Markfx says....  I like the Pats chances EVERY week.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

Hay AGCSBILL I have been A Patriot fan since the 70's so blow it out your a--!  If you want to wear your rose coloured glasses and add the wins of the two teams we beat the last two weeks go ahead.  I'm sure we will come up with your IQ.  You give objectivity a bad name.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

Because that's mature Can-Pats....

You do have to like the Pats chances every week compared to if a league average team was playing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In Response to The Patriots will lose 2 games in the next 4 weeks!:
    [QUOTE]Guarantee! But these will be the only two games they lose for the rest of the regular season.
    Posted by HipHopHooray[/QUOTE]

If you are so ready to guarantee two losses, why not put your money where your mouth is?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: The Patriots will lose 2 games in the next 4 weeks!:
    [QUOTE]Hay AGCSBILL I have been A Patriot fan since the 70's so blow it out your a--!  If you want to wear your rose coloured glasses and add the wins of the two teams we beat the last two weeks go ahead.  I'm sure we will come up with your IQ.  You give objectivity a bad name.
    Posted by can-pats-fan[/QUOTE]

can-pats....   did you read my post at all?  I quantified in my post about the last two wins as having come against teams that are not that good and when GOOD teams play bad teams, expect a blow-out.  Also, for you to declare the Pats as losing 2 out of their next 4 games is not having too much faith in the team.  Why is having confidence in your team mean having rose coloured glasses on?  I'd rather be optimistic than pessimistic, life is better that way.  What color are your glasses?  BLACK?!  You REALLY think the Pats aren't good enough to win their next four, so much so, that you think they will only go 2-2?  I wonder what your opinion of them was the first week.  Going 8 - 8?  I was challenging your opinion of the next four games without seeing how they play their next game!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NE-decade-of-my-dreams. Show NE-decade-of-my-dreams's posts

Seems to me, quite a few people view the Patriots as a not quite elite team. Maybe a second tier team, not quite as good as say NO, IND, or DEN. What I'm seeing from this team is them getting better each week and really gelling. As the season goes on, and the Patriots generate steam, I dont believe there is another team in the league who will be able to compete. History has shown that the patriots are more of a second half team. I would be surprised if they lost another game this year. Bring on the "best" the NFL has to offer, no doubt the Pats will prove to be the more complete team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

Very true, the Pats have been more of a 2nd half team throughout this decade, that combined with this being a rebuilding year for NE means bad things for whoever NE playing in the 2nd half.  The defense is looking better every week (although the poor competition has certainly helped that the previous 2 weeks), and the emergence of Vollmer at the very least demonstrates good O Line depth.  Come to think of it,  the defense really impressed me earlier on when Mayo went down.  He was one of the few pieces seen as irreplaceable, and yet Guyton was more than serviceable in his absence.  It looks like the Pats have reloaded for another long run of success.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to The Patriots will lose 2 games in the next 4 weeks!:

Guaranteed?????? So if not, you are wrong!!!!!

They will win the remainder of all games. How the colts looking today??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Reason being that since the NFL started having games in London, teams struggle their first game back in the states. RAHZID What a dope!

Ummm WHAT?! This is so much bs! How can you justify even posting a point like this? This i one of the dumbest points I have ever heard.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

[QUOTE]Reason being that since the NFL started having games in London, teams struggle their first game back in the states.  RAHZID What a dope! Ummm WHAT?! This is so much bs! How can you justify even posting a point like this? This i one of the dumbest points I have ever heard.
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

Did you even read my following post outline every game played in London and the results of those teams in their following game?  maybe you should read what people say before you jump to conclusions.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Patriots will lose 2 games in the next 4 weeks! : Guaranteed?????? So if not, you are wrong!!!!! They will win the remainder of all games. How the colts looking today??
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

Oh, and the Colts look like they are winning 18-14.

Sections
Shortcuts