The Pats are the only AFC East team to play Colts!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

The Pats are the only AFC East team to play Colts!

Why are the Pats the only team to play the Colts this season from the AFC East?  What about the freakin Jets!  Seems the like the NFL gave the Jets a nice gift this year!

The Pats also play the Chargers in SD, while the Jets don't play them at all.
    I call this a conspiracy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: The Pats are the only AFC East team to play Colts!

It's the way the schedule works. Call it the curse of having the best team in the East every year (as do the Colts in the South).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

The way the schedule works each and every year, the first place team in each division plays all the othe first place teams in the conference.  The second place team plays all the second place teams in the conference, etc. etc.

That's just how it is.  it's not a conspiracy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The two games you mentioned are the only difference.
    The Jets play the Texans and @Broncos.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats are the only AFC East team to play Colts!:
    The way the schedule works each and every year, the first place team in each division plays all the othe first place teams in the conference.  The second place team plays all the second place teams in the conference, etc. etc. That's just how it is.  it's not a conspiracy.
    Posted by Anarchy99

Well it still stinks!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats are the only AFC East team to play Colts! : waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Posted by PhatRex

Go away, PhatRex. You don't belong here.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to The Pats are the only AFC East team to play Colts!:
    Why are the Pats the only team to play the Colts this season from the AFC East?  What about the freakin Jets!  Seems the like the NFL gave the Jets a nice gift this year! The Pats also play the Chargers in SD, while the Jets don't play them at all. I call this a conspiracy!
    Posted by Grogan77

What, are you afraid of the Colts?

Why do they scare you? They beat up weak a Giants and Broncos team, right? They got smoked by a mediocre Texans team. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Here is how the 16 game schedule works

6 Division games:
    Vs NYJ, @ NYJ, Vs Miami, @ Miami, Vs Buffalo, @ Buffalo

4 games against another division within the same conference:
    Vs Baltimore, Vs Cinncinnati, @ Cleveland, @ Pittsburgh

4 games against another division in the opposite conference:
    @ Chicago, @ Detroit, Vs Green Bay, Vs Minnesota

2 games against the teams from the other two division that correspond with the pats position in the standings from the previous year:
    Vs. Indy, @ San Diego

4 games against another division in the AFC rotates on a 3 year cycle, in 2010 the AFC East cross plays the AFC North, in 2011 the AFCE will cross play the AFCW, and in 2012 the AFCE will cross play the AFCS. It alternates home and away. The last time the we cross played the AFCN was in 2007, the undefeated season. That season we were away against Baltimore and Cincy, and home against Cleveland and Pitt. This time aroud we are home vs Balt and Cincy, and away against Pitt and Cleveland

4 games against another division in the NFC. It is the same as the one above. Only difference is that this is a 4 year cycle. We cross play the NFCN. We last crossplayed the North in 06

The 2 games against teams from the same position: There are 2 divisions that the pats do not cross play. The pats finished first in the division in 09, which means these two games will be against the division winners of the 2 divisions we dont cross play, thus it is the colts and chargers this year.

The jets and pats opponents are the same except for the 2 division that the east does not cross play. NYJ gets houston and denver, miami gets tennesse and oakland etc.

Just as an example, if this system doesnt change 14/16 of the pats opponents in say 2035 can be figured out right now.

In fact, in 2035, our opponents are as follows:

Home: Buffalo, Miami, NYJ, SD, Oakland, Dallas, NYG, ?
    Away: Buffalo, Miami, NYJ, Denver, KC, Philly, Washington, ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Here is how the 16 game schedule works 6 Division games: Vs NYJ, @ NYJ, Vs Miami, @ Miami, Vs Buffalo, @ Buffalo 4 games against another division within the same conference: Vs Baltimore, Vs Cinncinnati, @ Cleveland, @ Pittsburgh 4 games against another division in the opposite conference: @ Chicago, @ Detroit, Vs Green Bay, Vs Minnesota 2 games against the teams from the other two division that correspond with the pats position in the standings from the previous year: Vs. Indy, @ San Diego 4 games against another division in the AFC rotates on a 3 year cycle, in 2010 the AFC East cross plays the AFC North, in 2011 the AFCE will cross play the AFCW, and in 2012 the AFCE will cross play the AFCS. It alternates home and away. The last time the we cross played the AFCN was in 2007, the undefeated season. That season we were away against Baltimore and Cincy, and home against Cleveland and Pitt. This time aroud we are home vs Balt and Cincy, and away against Pitt and Cleveland 4 games against another division in the NFC. It is the same as the one above. Only difference is that this is a 4 year cycle. We cross play the NFCN. We last crossplayed the North in 06 The 2 games against teams from the same position: There are 2 divisions that the pats do not cross play. The pats finished first in the division in 09, which means these two games will be against the division winners of the 2 divisions we dont cross play, thus it is the colts and chargers this year. The jets and pats opponents are the same except for the 2 division that the east does not cross play. NYJ gets houston and denver, miami gets tennesse and oakland etc. Just as an example, if this system doesnt change 14/16 of the pats opponents in say 2035 can be figured out right now. In fact, in 2035, our opponents are as follows: Home: Buffalo, Miami, NYJ, SD, Oakland, Dallas, NYG, ? Away: Buffalo, Miami, NYJ, Denver, KC, Philly, Washington, ?
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

Well at least the Colts come to Foxboro!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

In Response to The Pats are the only AFC East team to play Colts! : What, are you afraid of the Colts? Why do they scare you? They beat up weak a Giants and Broncos team, right? They got smoked by a mediocre Texans team. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

I still see Faulk catching that pass on  4th and 2!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats are the only AFC East team to play Colts! : no one is scared of your over the hill team, and your 29th ranked defense.
    Posted by ColtsMan73

I guess your 20th ranked defense strikes more fear in the heart's of teams. And as long as you losers have Peyton "I need my stats" Manning throwing the ball 50 times a game you'll never go far. I can't wait to see you clods in November, I hope it snows. We all know Peyton turns to Sheli in the cold. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats are the only AFC East team to play Colts! : waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Posted by PhatRex

If you're crying about your jets not having won anything in 42 years you're going to need some more aaaaaaaaaa s

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Why are the Pats the only team to play the Colts this season from the AFC East?  What about the freakin Jets!  Seems the like the NFL gave the Jets a nice gift this year! The Pats also play the Chargers in SD, while the Jets don't play them at all. I call this a conspiracy!
    Posted by Grogan77

It's part of the NFL's scheduling plan to put together big games that will draw a large TV audience from fans who are not supporters of either team. The Pats/Colts rivalry does that. It's also policy to use scheduling to try to keep the same few teams from making the playoffs year after year in order to keep the fans engaged in all NFL cities. Engaged fans buy tickets and gear and the NFL is after all a business.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Posted by Grogan77

Grogan - the schedule is set every year in this way in a rotating manner. 

1.  Division teams play each other twice AFC East vs. AFC East- 6 games
    2.  Division teams play every team in an AFC division (AFC East plays AFC North this year) rotating divisions each year (last year the AFC East played the AFC South, next year they will play the AFC West) - 4 games
    3.  Division teams play every team in an NFC divsion (AFC East plays NFC North this year) rotating divsions each year - 4 games. 
    4.  Finally, based on a team finish within a division from the previous year (the pats finished in 1st place in the AFC East last year) they play each team from the other 2 AFC divisions that also finished first in their respective division - 2 games (Indy - 1st AFC South; SD - 1st AFC West).  

As long as Indy and NE finish in the same divisional spot each year, they will play each other each year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Any fan of football should be aware of the very simple formula they use to determine the schedule.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats are the only AFC East team to play Colts! : I guess your 20th ranked defense strikes more fear in the heart's of teams. And as long as you losers have Peyton "I need my stats" Manning throwing the ball 50 times a game you'll never go far. I can't wait to see you clods in November, I hope it snows. We all know Peyton turns to Sheli in the cold. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Are you really calling out Manning for the number of times he's thrown the football?  Did you know that over Manning full 12 year career minus this year, he has average 34.0 passes per game?  Did you know that over Brady's career as a starter minus 01 & 08(played in part of only 1 game each year) & this year that he throws an average of 33.4 passes per game? 

Manning throws about 1/2 a ball more per game over an entire career than your guy and you are calling him Mr. Stats?  Guess Brady gets that too. 

Did you know that Manning has never thrown 600 balls in a season?  Brady has.

Did you know that in Manning's record breaking season -49 tds - he threw less than 500 balls.  Brady in his threw 578. 

I suggest you know what you are talking about before you let your fingers put your foot in your mouth.

Further outside of Brady's 601 throw season in 2002, his attempts have been trending up.  I am willing to bet that if brady makes it through 12 full seasons he will have surpassed Manning in attempts over his first 12 seasons.  Maybe we should call Brady Mr. Stats as well as Justin Beiber.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Posted by Grogan77

You should be scared because the Colts are better than you are. I'm seeing a more flamboyant arrogance amongst Pats fans. It will be difficult to beat arguably the best all time QB of all time excluding Montana. Be scared.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Posted by PhatRex

Rex. If they had any confidence in that vaunted defense of theirs, they wouldn't be whining. Must be a conspiracy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats are the only AFC East team to play Colts! : Go away, PhatRex. You don't belong here.  
    Posted by Davedsone

Everyone belongs here. Who are you, the annointed one?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats are the only AFC East team to play Colts! : Well at least the Colts come to Foxboro!
    Posted by Grogan77

With that secondary it won't make any difference.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats are the only AFC East team to play Colts! : no one is scared of your over the hill team, and your 29th ranked defense.
    Posted by ColtsMan73

What was the Bills' offensive ranking before playing the Patsies? And that's an inept offense that put up 30 on the Pats. Peyton will shred that inept secondary. Trust me. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats are the only AFC East team to play Colts! : I guess your 20th ranked defense strikes more fear in the heart's of teams. And as long as you losers have Peyton "I need my stats" Manning throwing the ball 50 times a game you'll never go far. I can't wait to see you clods in November, I hope it snows. We all know Peyton turns to Sheli in the cold. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Not any more. The 5 yard rule is now in place.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats are the only AFC East team to play Colts! : Are you really calling out Manning for the number of times he's thrown the football?  Did you know that over Manning full 12 year career minus this year, he has average 34.0 passes per game?  Did you know that over Brady's career as a starter minus 01 & 08(played in part of only 1 game each year) & this year that he throws an average of 33.4 passes per game?  Manning throws about 1/2 a ball more per game over an entire career than your guy and you are calling him Mr. Stats?  Guess Brady gets that too.  Did you know that Manning has never thrown 600 balls in a season?  Brady has. Did you know that in Manning's record breaking season -49 tds - he threw less than 500 balls.  Brady in his threw 578.  I suggest you know what you are talking about before you let your fingers put your foot in your mouth. Further outside of Brady's 601 throw season in 2002, his attempts have been trending up.  I am willing to bet that if brady makes it through 12 full seasons he will have surpassed Manning in attempts over his first 12 seasons.  Maybe we should call Brady Mr. Stats as well as Justin Beiber.
    Posted by Indylove

Don't they know how to set up an internet forum in Indiana that you could spend your time on?  I didn't realize they were that dumb in flyover country.

Here's another interesting stat for you: 3-1 vs. 1-1.  I think the first trumps the second.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Indylover,

I think we'll just stick with calling Brady "3 time Super Bowl Champion". It has a better ring to it.

Sections
Shortcuts