the pats fast start,and slow finish vs the saints slow start and strong finish.who has the edge?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

Re: the pats fast start,and slow finish vs the saints slow start and strong finish.who has the edge?

In Response to Re: the pats fast start,and slow finish vs the saints slow start and strong finish.who has the edge?:
    [QUOTE]"You have no idea how many players came to the Saints over the past couple of years for less than they could have gotten elsewhere just to be part of something special." = = = = = = = = = Randall Gay. From the area always wanted to play for the Saints cut by Pats Heath Evans I believe he was cut by the Pats David Thomas, good ball player didnt pan out traded for I think a 7th rounder Kyle Eckle went to the Eagles then the saints. Cut by Pats
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

And we appreciate all of them.  Especially Thomas.  He has slipped right into our offense just like he was made for it.  I always liked Evans as a Patriot and was overjoyed when we picked him up.  I really feel for his season ending like it has.  But, he is still part of the team and the New Orleans community has adopted him.  He is still active in the community, albeit on crutches.  Check out his blog if you get a chance.  He is planning on coming back next year to defend the title with his Saints.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Re: the pats fast start,and slow finish vs the saints slow start and strong finish.who has the edge?

In Response to Re: the pats fast start,and slow finish vs the saints slow start and strong finish.who has the edge?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: the pats fast start,and slow finish vs the saints slow start and strong finish.who has the edge? : And we appreciate all of them.  Especially Thomas.  He has slipped right into our offense just like he was made for it.  I always liked Evans as a Patriot and was overjoyed when we picked him up.  I really feel for his season ending like it has.  But, he is still part of the team and the New Orleans community has adopted him.  He is still active in the community, albeit on crutches.  Check out his blog if you get a chance.  He is planning on coming back next year to defend the title with his Saints.
    Posted by AsylumGuido[/QUOTE]

I liked all the above players. I had high hopes for Thomas, he played great for Texas. Troy Brown had an offer from the saints but declined.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the pats fast start,and slow finish vs the saints slow start and strong finish.who has the edge? : I liked all the above players. I had high hopes for Thomas, he played great for Texas. Troy Brown had an offer from the saints but declined.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

Thomas has really looked great.  When Evans went down we were left with a very real hole in the offense.  That also corresponded to the start of the four game stretch where Brees was feeling the heat.  Thomas has been able to assume a important role filling the fullback slot left vacant by Evans, an H-back position in certain alignments and as a straight TE in both one and two TE sets.  Payton has really used this ability to get him mismatches.  That has translated into nine catches for over 110 yards and a TD in the last two games.

Fortunately, with Thomas in at fullback Brees has been virtually untouched and had no turnovers last week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the pats fast start,and slow finish vs the saints slow start and strong finish.who has the edge? : What? The special bond between players, you are shitttin me right? That is your reason for calling a win. Welker has your special feeling right here. " Keep your cynicisim to yourself???" Stay the fux of this site if you do not want cynicism dip shitttttt. Where do you think you are posting "special feeling" team bull shitttt? On a team"s site who is playing you and getting ready to kick you asssss tonight. What a dip stick!
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

LOL!!  You really can't comprehend, can you?  Or or choose not to.  Sorry.  Looks like time for that nifty ignore button.  That function was invented for people like you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the pats fast start,and slow finish vs the saints slow start and strong finish.who has the edge? : LOL!!  You really can't comprehend, can you?  Or or choose not to.  Sorry.  Looks like time for that nifty ignore button.  That function was invented for people like you.
    Posted by AsylumGuido[/QUOTE]

I get it, you a dickkkk! have a nice special night tonight.......ignore me you hurt my feelings....I have been trying to get you to leave......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Asylum:

The saints are a good team this year - wish you guys the best of luck - EXCEPT tonight and when we meet again in February, 2010  :-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]Asylum: The saints are a good team this year - wish you guys the best of luck - EXCEPT tonight and when we meet again in February, 2010  :-)
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

The sentiment is mutual.  Wink

Looking forward to the next meeting in February.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlanfromBigEasy. Show AlanfromBigEasy's posts

PrairieMike,

I can understand your lack of knowledge about Saints fans.  Different conference, over 1,000 miles away.

For over 4 decades (an adult lifetime) Saints fans have been dedicated masochists.  A small poor city without any major corporations managed to support a chronically losing franchise. Note: the SuperDome has no corporate sponsor's name attached to it. Only dedicated fans kept the team in the black.

Katrina was not "just another disaster".  The failure of the US Army killed over 1,100 New Orleanians, damaged or destroyed 80% of the city and forced almost everyone out of their homes and lives for months.  The aftermath transformed me and many others.

There is a special bond between the team and fans.  We FINALLY have a team that deserves it's fans.  And the emotions post-K, I truly hope that you never have to go through anything comparable. But they are strong, and part of that has attached to the Saints.

Drew Brees does not BS (a fine person BTW) and he said that the team had a bond with the fans unlike any other in the NFL.

When we lost the conference championship to the Bears, and bad weather held up the plane for hours in Chicago, there were over 3,000 fans waiting at 4 AM (most since midnight) in miserable weather to welcome the team home :-)