The Pats have no excuse not to sign T.O.!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: The Pats have no excuse not to sign T.O.!

patsfaninsatx, people forget that the only other H.O.F. QB that he played for never had a problem with T.O.

Steve Young could only say good things about him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats have no excuse not to sign T.O.!:
    ...TO would keep his mouth shut because this is a pass first offense, not the incompotent offense that Buffalo runs...
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

There are many on this forum that would like to see the team move away from a pass first, pass happy offense.  Just saying.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I agree with the posters that think this is a stupid move.

1) TO is an a*shole who likes to talk. The patriots aren't like that. 
    2) He's not good anymore. Watch the games last year?
    3) He's a prima donna type turd. No thank you.
    4) He complains about everything at some point, and nothing is his fault. Does not fit the pats model.
    5) He's a lunatic who tried to kill himself once. This guy has issues.
    6) This is an absolutely idiotic topic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@Carawaydj...I am the first one who would sign up if there was a petition to go back to the "old" Pats offense, but it just doesnt seem that way.

As much as I like Welker and Moss, I think that the predictablity of those two guys hurt this offense.  No doubt, Welker did alot of great things this year and he was super reliable, but when NE had the "No name" recieving core, thats when they were most lethal.  They were extremely balanced and relied on the defense to make the stops to win games, but for the past three years this team is strickly offense.  Hopefully BB can do something about that this year.

But if this team is going to continue to go in the direction of the "Pass Happy Offense" then why would I be opposed to signing TO. TB will not let that guy ruin this team and I doubt that he would even have any complaints.  If there were any complaints it would probably come from Moss.  These are two older players that still require double teams. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maineeac. Show Maineeac's posts

In Response to The Pats have no excuse not to sign T.O.!:
    T.O. won't cost much, he closed his mouth last year in Buffalo.  He's still productive, and has no injury issues.  T.O. would provide insurance in the event Moss gets injured and would be great opposite Moss on the field. If the Pats don't sign a no brainer like T.O., then I will have my doubts about the upcoming season in 2010.  They should still have plenty of bucks to handle the rest of their business.
    Posted by BBRULES23

Please stop.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Last year's FA pickups on offense
    Galloway + Taylor= 336yds and 4 TD's

Terrell Owens with a terrible Bills team= 829 yds and 5 TD's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

WR´s for 2010 RANDY MOSS BRANDON TATE GOLDEN TATE (DRAFT) JULIAN EDELMAN KEVIN WALTER (FA) DAVID PATTEN TE: AARON HERNANDEZ (DRAFT)
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh

Patten?  Based on last year's performance, I wouldn't count on Patten contributing much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

this would be a stupid move.  The only reason he didnt talk much last year was because he played in buffalo and the media doesnt care that much about football there. The pats also need to develop their younger wrs.  with a team already having leadership issues, would you want TO on your team? No...if he came to NE the cameras will go back on him and he will start causing contreversy. Signing him is a sign of desperation and you should all be ashamed of yourselves to sink this low!
    Posted by dapats1281

T.O. just finished a season with a very poor Bills team, and I didn't hear on complain out of T.O.   If Terrells can keep his trap shut with that team, he certainly can be a team player on the Pats. 

And the Pats don't have leadership issues, they have playmaker issues.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from +Mrboston. Show +Mrboston's posts

We don"t need more NWA's. We still have AD. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CadizKySoxFan. Show CadizKySoxFan's posts

Just say no to T.O.  Work the draft!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

BRANDON MARSHALL... best hands in the game.
    Posted by soco42

also one of the biggest head cases in the game.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

patsfaninsatx , people forget that the only other H.O.F. QB that he played for never had a problem with T.O. Steve Young could only say good things about him.
    Posted by 49Patriots

With all due respect, that was BEFORE he lost his mind.

Let's just asume that by some miracle, TO isn't the locker cancer he has been everywhere else. So what? The guy is washed up. And he was overrated to begin with. Poor hands and average speed.

I think some people get caught up with big names. TO is not going to help this team. He just isn't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

this guy is a dud, i'd rather have Patten who signed back with the Pats the other day

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

this guy is a dud, i'd rather have Patten who signed back with the Pats the other day
    Posted by kansaspatriot

With that kind of logic, the Pats should just re-sign Galloway.  He had a much better season in 2009 than Patten.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

The Pats have no excuse,but they have NO REASON  as well.....hell if we are going to bring in another aging receiver with baggage,call Marvin Harrison and get him and his guns.Maybe he can go" Last BoyScout" on some unsuspecting DB's
    Posted by leatherhelmet

Here's a copy of T.O's criminal record:

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

While were at it, let's sign Jerry Rice and Tim Brown too! TO is just like a drug. Just say no!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

So if we dont get TO you'll "have doubts" , really? We sign TO and those doubts...go away , really?  Wow your a moron. Forget about last year , hes lost a step or two the past couple years! This really makes no sense at all , Im for almost anything that would help my team , but I see no advantage in bringing him in here. Hes not an elite receiver anymore and has never shown he can step back and play less of a role in an O. He flipped his lid many times last year , on the sideline , in the locker room and in private at the front office. He was screaming and begging either to be traded or for Buffalo to bring in somemore players to help the team. He would do nothing but hurt this team and btw who said he'll take less $ because I havent heard that from him. All year Ive been screaming for him and I wont stop now...bring in Marshell. This team needs an X receiver bad and Marshell would be that perfect fit. Hes great in the short game catching bubble's and crossing patterns and can stretch the field with a post or 9 route. Dont ignore the obvious here , hes 26 , in the prime of his career and would be a great fit in our system. Give up a couple 2's and a 5/6 and bring in a top 5 receiver who has performed at a very high level and has been "the man" in that O.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Of course they have an excuse not to sign T.O....they want to win a championship!
    Quick...how many NFL teams has TO helped to win a Superbowl? He's already thrown 3 or 4 QB's under the bus, you think he wouldn't with Brady?
    C'mon guys! NE isn't that desperate yet!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Double edge sword here he looked old but he had a joke throwing to him. He has the ability I think to still be a threat so I guess I come down this way... if you can get him without spending "stupid" money he might be worth the chance because he might just shut up and play where he has a Hall of Fame QB and Head Coach... it isn't like he can challenge them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Just say no to T.O.  Work the draft!
    Posted by CadizKySoxFan

Now this is a theme that works for me.  Let's go back to being one of the better drafting teams.  Last year was a good start.  The number of players on our team not drafted by us has been growing each year and is getting ridiculous.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

If the Pats had unlimited roster spots and there was no Cap then maybe bring TO in for a look see. Otherwise I would rather the Pats take a flyer on a rookie that could turn into a good player or even a great player. TO just isn't worth the roster spot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Hows this for an excuse...TO drops the ball or makes a half hearted effort when he hears footsteps

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In Response to The Pats have no excuse not to sign T.O.!:
    T.O. won't cost much, he closed his mouth last year in Buffalo.  He's still productive, and has no injury issues.  T.O. would provide insurance in the event Moss gets injured and would be great opposite Moss on the field. If the Pats don't sign a no brainer like T.O., then I will have my doubts about the upcoming season in 2010.  They should still have plenty of bucks to handle the rest of their business.
    Posted by BBRULES23

Please stop posting.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to The Pats have no excuse not to sign T.O.! : Please stop posting.
    Posted by CubanPete

Go back to Cuba Pete, in America we have something called "freedom of speech".