The Pats have no excuse not to sign T.O.!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

The Pats have no excuse not to sign T.O.!

T.O. won't cost much, he closed his mouth last year in Buffalo.  He's still productive, and has no injury issues.  T.O. would provide insurance in the event Moss gets injured and would be great opposite Moss on the field.

If the Pats don't sign a no brainer like T.O., then I will have my doubts about the upcoming season in 2010.  They should still have plenty of bucks to handle the rest of their business.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Re: The Pats have no excuse not to sign T.O.!

I wont argue your point, the only thing about TO is if he doesnt get the ball enough he pouts and he scares me with dropping important catches balls.
    I would say try him out if you can get him cheap

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

like the idea alot!! but TO would never play alongside Moss-not enough footballs to go around, especially when Welker comes back in November. Good thought though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats have no excuse not to sign T.O.!:
    like the idea alot!! but TO would never play alongside Moss-not enough footballs to go around, especially when Welker comes back in November. Good thought though.
    Posted by rickrand3

Maybe in the Past that was the case, but I have to believe that at age 36, T.O. has changed his ways.  I can only see T.O. wanting to win a championship in the last few years of his playing career.  He's older, but he can still play at a high level if given the right QB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I wont argue your point, the only thing about TO is if he doesnt get the ball enough he pouts and he scares me with dropping important catches balls. I would say try him out if you can get him cheap
    Posted by Stompper

He might cost more than Patten, but Players like Patten are what really scare me.  He didn't play much at all last season because of injury.  If T.O. can get the Pats touchdowns, then I take a little pouting here and there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Age has caught up with him.  He drops balls and doesn't break away like he use to be able to.   No to TO.  Let someone else have the drama queen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I'm not a T.O. fan in any way strictly because of his antics but while he does drop deep balls now and then, he's not afraid to go down the middle of the field unlike Moss. That's not Moss' game so he's not going to become that all of a sudden so adding T.O. would complement Moss pretty well.

Just not sure if the aforementioned antics are worth it though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

TO drops the ball far too much......

Does anyone remember the conspiracy he dreamed up of Romo and Witten creating plays without TO in them.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soco42. Show soco42's posts

BRANDON MARSHALL... best hands in the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

I am willing to take a chance on him. With him across from Moss with welker/endelman in the slot, there would be plenty of balls to go around because someone would always be open.  He wants a ring so he can retire, lets give him one. he is almost always healthy and he is in great shape, the only problem is his tendency for drops, and his mouth (not a problem if we keep him away from the cameras).
    Give him a similar contract to moss's first year here (can be cut at any time ~$3 million, although add in an option for a following season for $5 million)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Posted by rickrand3

I would agree a couple of years ago, but TO has to be considering that he never won a ring and he is running out of seasons.  Putting him opposite Moss, with Edleman or Patten in the slot, and a strong new RB, maybe a good FB, a tweak at RT and a rushing OLB and you have the makings of a stand-out contending team.  All of those things could be accomplished this year.  I have to think he would like to be coached by BB and see what all the hype is about.  It is a dream for a lot of serious competitors, and not matter you can say about TO, he is a fierce competitor.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I'd sign him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

this would be a stupid move.  The only reason he didnt talk much last year was because he played in buffalo and the media doesnt care that much about football there.

The pats also need to develop their younger wrs.  with a team already having leadership issues, would you want TO on your team?

No...if he came to NE the cameras will go back on him and he will start causing contreversy.

Signing him is a sign of desperation and you should all be ashamed of yourselves to sink this low!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Just a reminder, we are not entitled to any Free Agents.  Thanks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Just a reminder, we are not entitled to any Free Agents.  Thanks.
    Posted by Tcal2

Yes we are.  We did not make the final eight.  Only the final eight are restricted in their F/A signings - they have to lose one to sign one. Because of this, and considering how weak the Pats were after losing Welker, I thought BB tanked the Ravens play-off game by design.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

come on this is crazy, no thanks. would rather BB pick up walter from the Texans

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

NO.  I don't think he'd help our locker room leadership issues.  He might have kept his mouth shut last year, but that doesn't make him the consummate team player; something the Pats need to restock their roster with.

Granted, I had those same fears about Moss and was proven wrong...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I  agree with you on Walter. I think he is a steal if he gets free from the Texans and would fit in great.............

come on this is crazy, no thanks. would rather BB pick up walter from the Texans
    Posted by kansaspatriot

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

i am in fevor of singing T.O.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

Did anyone else catch Ochocinco say to the media during the pro bowl week that everyone shouldn't be suprised to see TO in Cincinnati and that you heard it from him first?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Did I cross over into the Twilight Zone. I'm speechless.

This is the point where I would list the 12,000 reasons signing TO would be one of the most mind numbingly stupid things that the Pats could possibly do. But I can't. It would be like explaining to a 80 year old billionaire that it might be a bad idea to marry a 22 year old stripper.

If you don't get it, then there's really nothing I cam say. Yeah, I guess, it could possibly work out. But so could letting Charles Manson babysit your children. I mean, he's probably not going to kill them, right? But you wouldn't take that chance would you? I really don't see the upside here.

Besides, their two biggest problems (outside of the coordinators) are OLine and defense. Brady won with less talent at WR than he has now. I'm not worried about the recievers. Unless they get that OLine fixed, it's not going to matter who's at WR.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Can we shut up about "Locker room leadership"? Those players aren't in FA this year. The "Locker room leadership" was needed in the defensive side of the spectrum, not offense, which is where T.O. would play because the leader of the offense is a 3-time SB winning QB. We keep talking about Leadership, but we forget that the problem was with a 32 year old LB, I'm sure any other player would have to respect a Veteran with that much experience and probably not get in his face as much as they would a rookie or 5 year man-- yes, even the Bruschis, Vrabels, and Harrisons. 

T.O. wouldn't dare open his mouth because Brady, and Belichick, Kraft, and the rest of the NFL, would just simply cut ties with Owens. If you can't be coached by the best in the league, you can't be coached!

I would rather the Pats go after Antonio Bryant-- he's younger, he has more upside-- but if they can't land him, I'm all for the TO signing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@49Patriots....I couldnt agree with you more.  I believe Walters is a restricted free agent....so wouldnt that cost NE a couple of draft picks.

TO would keep his mouth shut because this is a pass first offense, not the incompotent offense that Buffalo runs.  Did we forget that its TB not Edwards that is the QB of the NE Patriots.

Oh...btw, If NE could get anyone from Buffalo I would take Lee Evans instead.  I think he is a BB guy.  Team first type of player.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Can we shut up about "Locker room leadership"? ...
    Posted by 49Patriots

NO.  I will concede that there may be a better way to describe it though.  It's not merely leadership in the locker room, it's also on the field.  Willie Mac described a culture of leadership that used to exist on the Pats in a recent interview.  He described how the players motivated each other constantly.  Players like Willie Mac can positively impact the entire team, not just the defense.  Players like Adios Thomas can have a negative impact on the entire team.  Likewise, T.O. could have a negative impact on the entire team.  There is no way you could have worked in any environment where teamwork and motivation are so crucial and not understand how much of an impact, positive or negative, even a few positive or negative individuals can have.  

So I will continue to discuss players with leadership, have great attitudes, and are good motivators, and so on because I KNOW FIRSTHAND the impact such folks can have on an organization.  I'm as sure of this as I am of gravity.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Don't worry guys it will not happen.  If BB wanted to sign this guy he would have last year.