The Pats need to play more in the no-hurdle offense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

The Pats need to play more in the no-hurdle offense

If you look back all the previous games of the Pats you will see it.  In the shout out game, I am surely to take Tom Brady vs. to any QBs in the NFL. There are top 4 QBs in the league like Tom, Rogers, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees.  Who's else can compare to T.B......... With very good OL infront and talented of TBs (Gronks and Aaron), Wes and Deion + Ocho. Tom can easily move the chain with the first down. If they play more no hurdle they are usualy score more than 28 or 30 points/game. Let the opponents to play catch up then that game should be in hand of the Pats.  Moreover, they can help out the "NO NAME" defense of the Pats at the same time.  That is why Peyton Manning going to the no hurdle most of the time of his careers, and the Colts is always an elite team.  Without Peyton, the Colts just got destroy (0-10) and might be 0-16.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Re: The Pats need to play more in the no-hurdle offense

In Response to The Pats need to play more in the no-hurdle offense:
    If you look back all the previous games of the Pats you will see it.  In the shout out game I am surely to take Tom Brady vs. to any QBs in the NFL. There are top 4 QBs in the league like Tom, Rogers, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees.  Who's else can compare to T.B......... With very good OL infront and talented of TBs (Gronks and Aaron), Wes and Deion + Ocho. Tom can easily to move the chain with the first down. If they play more no hurdle they usally score more than 28 or 30 points/game. Let the opponents to play catch up then that game should be in the hand of the Pats.  Moreover, they can help out the "NO NAME" defense of the Pats at the same time.  That is why Peyton Manning going to the no hurdle most of the time of his careers and the Colts is always an elite team.  Without Peyton, the Colts just got destroy (0-10) and might be 0-16.
    Posted by profootball

You cannot play a whole game no huddle. The offense needs to take a breather and make substitutions too you know. The no huddle is very effective when used at key points in a game. Use it too often and it loses it's effectiveness.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

What do you have against hurdles?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats need to play more in the no-hurdle offense:
    The only hurdle they need to get over is the idea that Brady is more effective under center.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Brady in the shotgun effectively kills any chance of establishing a running game and limits the amount of plays that can be called at the line. There is a balance between the two that works best for the whole game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Is English your second language? I'm not trying do be an a hole.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats need to play more in the no-hurdle offense : Brady in the shotgun effectively kills any chance of establishing a running game and limits the amount of plays that can be called at the line. There is a balance between the two that works best for the whole game.
    Posted by Evil2012

I agree on mixing in the no huddle, as you mix in TB in shotgun and under center. All have their purpose.
    I've seen us run it a few times from the shotgun with direct snaps to the RB's, or a delayed handoff to the RBs. Why don't we just do more of this?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Of coure, I said play more not the whole game.  Above 60% at least.
    In Response to The Pats need to play more in the no-hurdle offense : You cannot play a whole game no huddle. The offense needs to take a breather and make substitutions too you know. The no huddle is very effective when used at key points in a game. Use it too often and it loses it's effectiveness.
    Posted by Evil2012

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Of coure, I said play more not the whole game.  Above 60% at least. In Response to Re: The Pats need to play more in the no-hurdle offense :
    Posted by profootball

Too much in my opinion. Eventually you're going to start getting substitution screwups yourself resulting in silly 5 yard penalties.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Posted by shenanigan

Perhaps you don't need to try since you already are one?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats need to play more in the no-hurdle offense : Perhaps you don't need to try since you already are one?
    Posted by Evil2012

? Ok, that was out of nowhere.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

In any kind of sports, the rhythm is very important.  Look at the Pitts and Giants games, T.B. could not find his rhythm from the beginning. The results, they lost those games. Therefore, the Pats should start with no hurdle more in the first half to get into the rhythm to score points so TB and his co. get connected.
    In Response to Re: The Pats need to play more in the no-hurdle offense : Too much in my opinion. Eventually you're going to start getting substitution screwups yourself resulting in silly 5 yard penalties.
    Posted by Evil2012

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsareNumberone. Show PatsareNumberone's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats need to play more in the no-hurdle offense : ? Ok, that was out of nowhere.
    Posted by shenanigan

Evil is just a skkumbag Liberal who hasn't got a clue about anything including and especially football. He know nothing about Politics, football or decency so he figures if he acts like a loser it makes up for his inadequacies in life. Unfortunately he has failed at that also. He's one of those left wing losers that you'll read about in the papers one day blowing up a radio station antenna. Definitely no friends either.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Is it yours?

Posted by shenanigan

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In any kind of sports, the rhythm is very important.  Look at the Pitts and Giants games, T.B. could not find his rhythm from the beginning. The results, they lost those games. Therefore, the Pats should start with no hurdle more in the first half to get into the rhythm to score points so TB and his co. get connected. In Response to Re: The Pats need to play more in the no-hurdle offense :
    Posted by profootball

It's worth a try. I'm just looking for a proper mix.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats need to play more in the no-hurdle offense : ? Ok, that was out of nowhere.
    Posted by shenanigan

The English as a second language wasn't directed at me? Appologies then

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

No huddle is only affective when you have the right D package facing you and it's unexpected. It looks great for the 2-3 drives you run it but that is also why it's so affective.

No huddle doesn't give your guys a rest so the O will eventually break down and not be able to move the ball by the end of the game

Most no huddles are draw and pass based. If the D is expecting no huddle a majority of the game they can send out a package suited for that no huddle formation. See what we use to do against Manning.

No huddle also leads to more penalties. Everyone gets slightly more jumpy when they have to hurry up to the line. They get even worse if they have to stay in one spot on the line for any length of time. If you try to compensate by going to a hurry up no huddle, well then you give the D no rest which only hurts them in the end.

I like using no huddle randomly throughout the game and in times of need. It's most affective that way. But, if they ran it 3-4 series a game instead of 2-3 I wouldn't be opposed either, just not a majority of the series

Sections
Shortcuts