the pats should draft with oaklands pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: the pats should draft with oaklands pick

In Response to Re: the pats should draft with oaklands pick:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: the pats should draft with oaklands pick : Zoisking: I like the thought and I would very happy with those choices if we stay put, but my question to you and all that want to respond is, IF Dareus or Fairley is there at #8 would you trade 15 and the last pick of the 2nd round to get one of them? We would still have Carolina's 2nd and two 3rd round choices ect.... or swap picks with like Dallas 15-32 for 7-38. This is the first time in a long time it is within trade up range to get his type of guy and a true difference maker from the DE/DL perpective. Note: He stayed put one year and lost out on Percy Harvin, so he moved down, just my opinion.  
    Posted by kenscreen[/QUOTE]

15 and 32 wont get u 7 and 38, just so u know

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

For those that first saw Watt play yesterday, don't jump to conclusions.  TCU schemed very well for him. Early in the game they used a couple of misdirections and fake hand-offs to get by him.  Later they double teamed him. I was surprised to see Marcus Cannon playing at LT.  He's usually the RT.  If memory serves, he was flagged a couple of times for holding Watt.  Cannon is a big boy, 6-5, 250 and Watt was able to get past him a couple of times.  The other thing I noticed was TCU went for a lot of short and quick passes, a lot of three step drops, 1st read stuff.  This was to prevent Watt from having the time to get into the back field.  While running the ball, TCU ran away from Watt most of the time.  To a causal observer, Watt appeared to have a bad game or at least in ineffective game.  But if you look closer you see that TCU game planned around Watt respecting his ability to disrupt plays and get into the backfield.  It was a solid coaching job by TCU.

I'm hoping Watt drops to 15 because I think of all the 34 DE potential top players, he best fits the mold and character.  Wilkerson fits the size mold but I haven't seen him play.  I don't see Watt getting out of the 1st round and right now I'm happy if he makes it to 15.

Trading down for 15 is certainly VERY LIKELY.  BBs traded down in each of the last 3 drafts with his top selection.  That could be none of the players he had at that value spot where there so he moved down to the next value spot.  In previous drafts perhaps no team wanted to move up.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]For those that first saw Watt play yesterday, don't jump to conclusions.  TCU schemed very well for him. Early in the game they used a couple of misdirections and fake hand-offs to get by him.  Later they double teamed him. I was surprised to see Marcus Cannon playing at LT.  He's usually the RT.  If memory serves, he was flagged a couple of times for holding Watt.  Cannon is a big boy, 6-5, 250 and Watt was able to get past him a couple of times.  The other thing I noticed was TCU went for a lot of short and quick passes, a lot of three step drops, 1st read stuff.  This was to prevent Watt from having the time to get into the back field.  While running the ball, TCU ran away from Watt most of the time.  To a causal observer, Watt appeared to have a bad game or at least in ineffective game.  But if you look closer you see that TCU game planned around Watt respecting his ability to disrupt plays and get into the backfield.  It was a solid coaching job by TCU. I'm hoping Watt drops to 15 because I think of all the 34 DE potential top players, he best fits the mold and character.  Wilkerson fits the size mold but I haven't seen him play.  I don't see Watt getting out of the 1st round and right now I'm happy if he makes it to 15. Trading down for 15 is certainly VERY LIKELY.  BBs traded down in each of the last 3 drafts with his top selection.  That could be none of the players he had at that value spot where there so he moved down to the next value spot.  In previous drafts perhaps no team wanted to move up.   
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

Faucet, good stuff on Watt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Julio Jones

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

My top 5 targets for Oakland's pick are listed below in no particular order:

Janoris Jenkins- CB- Florida
    JJ Watt- DL- Wisconsin
    Julio Jones- WR- Alabama
    Ryan Kerrigan- DE/OLB- Purdue
    Cameron Jordan- DL- Cal

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Winning a SB is a team, coaching and organizational effort.  It isn't up to one WR to win the SB.  Here's a little research.  Some great, some good, some had injury problems, some were plain busts but I bet we'd find the same thing out no matter which position we looked at.  That is why it is important to do your pre-draft homework and draft as many players as you can to increase your odds.

I got tired of doing this so I stopped.  Leason learned, do your homework.  If a player has some hints of trouble in college, buyer beware.

Keyshawn Johnson - Has HOF numbers, not yet elligible.
    Terry Glenn - Played in SB XXXI.  Fell out of favor with BB for faking injuries after being disciplined, he wasn't given a SB ring for SB  XXXVI. Before 2002, he was traded to Packers for a pair of 4th round picks. Still Glenn had a productive career.
    Ike Hilliard - Played in SB XXXV.
    Yatil Green - He was a BUST DUE TO INJURIES, on the very first day of training camp, Green tore his quad muscles, ACL and cartilage in his right knee. Green came back the next year and again tore the same ACL in training camp. After three years and a total of 10 surgeries on his right knee, he was cut by the Dolphins after the 1999.  He was later signed by the Jets and Raiders before being cut and out of the league in 2001.
    Reidel Anthony - Played 5 years for TB, unremarkable career.
    Kevin Dyson - Played 6 years for TEN and CAR, unremarkable career.
    Torry Holt - Won SB XXXIV. Played in SB XXXVI.  Future HOF'er.  He in fact is the only receiver in NFL history to post six consecutive years of 1,300 yards receiving.  7 Pro Bowls (2000, 2001, 2003–2007)
    David Boston - Played 6 years, had two great years in 2000 and especially 2001 where he had 98 catches for 1,598 yards for ARI and he went to the Pro Bowl that year.  He then got into personal trouble.  He signed a big F/A contract with SD but fell out of favor with Schottenheimer who suspended him for bad behavior.  He was then traded and was busted with steriods had a DUI, tore his ALC and was done.   
    Troy Edwards - 7 year career with mostly PIT and JAX. Edwards led the nation in receiving during his senior year in college with 140 receptions for 1,996 yards and 27 touchdowns. He had an unremarkable NFL career.
    Peter Warrick - Charged with Grand Theft in college.  Spent 6 seasons mostly with CIN.  First 4 years had decent, not great numbers.  Best year was 2003 with 79/819/7.  Was injuried in 2004, and TJ Housh replaced him. Played in SB XL as punt returner.  Was cut by SEA, tried out for a couple teams in '06 but failed to make their rosters.
    Plaxico Burress - We all know about him, won 3 SB with PIT and NYG.
    Travis Taylor - 7 decent years, average stats.  Best year was '02 with 61/869/6
    David Terrell - 4 disappointing years with CHI.
    Koren Robinson - Played 8 years, 4 decent years with SEA.  Best year was '02, 78/1,240/5. Made the Pro Bowl in '05 as a KR with MIN. Was suspended for a year for being in a high speed car chase, 3 time violator of league policy on substance abuse. Tried to make a come back but suffered injuries.
    Rod Gardner - 4 solid years with WAS, his best was '02, 71/1,006/8. He was traded to CAR where he was 4th on depth chart behind Steve Smith, Keary Colbert and Ricky Proehl.  He was waived by CAR, signed by GB, waived, signed by KC and waived.
    Santana Moss - He's having a HOF type career, now in his 10th season.
    Donte Stallworth - Played in SB XL as we know.  Had 6 decent years, best in '05, 70/945/7. Involved in vehicular homicide and was suspended for 2009 season, hasn't been the same player since. 
    Charles Rodgers
    Andre Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Roy Williams
    Reggie Williams
    Lee Evans
    Michael Clayton
    Braylon Edwards
    Troy Williamson
    Mike WIlliams
    Calvin Johnson
    Ted Ginn Jr
    Darius Heyward bay
    Michael Crabtree

All of those WR's were drafted 16th or higher since 1996. You are good at research Faucet. I would be interested to know how many of those guys won superbowls for the team that drafted them."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Based on Priority Rush LB, DE, OT/OG/C, RB, WR

Raiders Pick
    1) Robert Quin OR Von Miller sure things
    2) Gabe Camarini OR Nate Solder sure things
    3) Cameron Jordan a little light for our 3-4
    4) Mark Ingram 5-10 216
    5) Michael Floyd WR 6-3 220 

Our Pick
    1) Ras Dowling CB (patriots get a corner with size 6-2 200 
    2) Mike Pouncy C/OG
    3) Adrian Clayborn DE he is dropping but at this pick he is a steal
    4) Julio Jones WR
    5) Mikel Lesore RB ill THIS KID IS HUGE, great compliment to BJGE and Woody.

33 Pick --- Trade back roughly 5 spots and pick up another 2 round pick

Idea for the second round
    1) Mark Herzlich; olb/de
    2) Dontay Moch; 6'1 240 but runs a 4.3 off the edge he is rising FAST
    3) Marcus Cannon he is an OT for TCU but he is 6'5" 350... 
    4) Stephen Wisneiski
    5) Jimmy Smith CB another CB with massive size and speed 
    6) Janoris Jenkins CB, odds are high due to the connections
    7) Mark BARRON SS, second comming of Rodney Harrison, if Page McGowan and BMerri, leave this year pr next we need a big safety to intimidate folks.... He can be coached up... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

[QUOTE]For those that first saw Watt play yesterday, don't jump to conclusions.  TCU schemed very well for him. Early in the game they used a couple of misdirections and fake hand-offs to get by him.  Later they double teamed him. I was surprised to see Marcus Cannon playing at LT.  He's usually the RT.  If memory serves, he was flagged a couple of times for holding Watt.  Cannon is a big boy, 6-5, 250 and Watt was able to get past him a couple of times.  The other thing I noticed was TCU went for a lot of short and quick passes, a lot of three step drops, 1st read stuff.  This was to prevent Watt from having the time to get into the back field.  While running the ball, TCU ran away from Watt most of the time.  To a causal observer, Watt appeared to have a bad game or at least in ineffective game.  But if you look closer you see that TCU game planned around Watt respecting his ability to disrupt plays and get into the backfield.  It was a solid coaching job by TCU. I'm hoping Watt drops to 15 because I think of all the 34 DE potential top players, he best fits the mold and character.  Wilkerson fits the size mold but I haven't seen him play.  I don't see Watt getting out of the 1st round and right now I'm happy if he makes it to 15. Trading down for 15 is certainly VERY LIKELY.  BBs traded down in each of the last 3 drafts with his top selection.  That could be none of the players he had at that value spot where there so he moved down to the next value spot.  In previous drafts perhaps no team wanted to move up.   

Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

Watt also caused more than one false start. It was very clear the game plan was to take Watt out of the game. That should tell anyone about his effectiveness and the respect he got from the TCU coaching staff. Later in the game he was able to adjust and over come some of the game planning.