The Pats should look at Free agent Shaun Ellis. And here's why..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

The Pats should look at Free agent Shaun Ellis. And here's why..

Here is a link to an article on why the Pats will not win the AFC east next season( not me, the writer thinks that), while the writer is obviously a Jet fan, he makes some very strong points on why the Jets could take the AFC East from the Pats, namely it's defense!   DE Shaun Ellis will only get a one year deal from the Jets, so why shouldn't the Pats take a shot a stealing Ellis from the Jets.  They need help on D and the Jets would be hurting without a productive Ellis on the D.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Re: The Pats should look at Free agent Shaun Ellis. And here's why..

Ya, thats what we need, another over the hill player thats out of gas. Ya, that will really help us out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

What is with going after other teams old guys and not developing the talent already on the Pats? What is with reading a Jets fans blog and thinking the guy has a clue? Can anyone tell me how to stop this madness?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

We already have Stroud and I'm hoping and suspecting we resign G Warren. I think that's our Vet limit on the Dline. If we sign anymore that means we'll have to let the younger Dline walk. Though I'm not confident Deadrick will last after BB benched him last year would you rather have Ellis short term or Deadrick, Pryor, Richard, Brace, Love long term?

If we didn't sign Stroud then I'd give Ellis a go but not now.

Players I would like to see them sign but don't think they would spend the cash:

Ray Edwards Minn DE
    Charles Johnson Car DE

Some players who they could look at and are a bit younger then Ellis:

Jason Babin Tenn DE
    Dave Ball Tenn DE
    Cullen Jenkins GB DE/DT
    Stephen Bowen Dal DE/DT

Someone I wouldn't be surprised if they pick up off the scrape heap for an extra camp body to see if he can make the team:

Vernon Gholston NYJ DE/OLB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

C'mon rtunila ...
    If a guy can play , he can play ( who cares how many seasons he has under his belt ... last years addition of Gerald Warren wasnt such a bad thing ) .
     Also - Did you already forget that  Ellis was a pretty big part of the Jets win against us in the playoffs ? ( It never hurts to hamper your rivals roster if you can )
     Admittedly : Most Jets bloggers aren't on par with Pats fans , but discrediting it just cuz it was written by one doesn't seem logical.

Pryor , Brace , Deaderick  are unproven commodities ...RIGHT NOW Id take Ellis over any one of them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Ellis had his big year last year. Do you really think he will do it again? Odds are that he won't. Not only that but, he's a Jet. I'm sorry, I just can't get past that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reloadedagent31. Show Reloadedagent31's posts

Article was pretty pointless. I have no issue with him making a statement such as that, but at least give some reasons as to why he said that. All he said was that the Jets will win the division based on their defense and Mark Sanchez making a jump (big if). It doesn't take into account their UFAs which could hinder the reasons the Jets overtake the Patriots in the division. If Cromartie goes to another team, do you expect Kyle Wilson to defend anything thrown his way? If B. Smith, Edwards & Holmes all go to other teams, how would that affect Sanchez's development? Can the Jets rely on Shonn Greene to become the lead back if need be? I could list excuses as to why the Patriots lost in 2010, but is it really necessary? The point I'm trying to make is that there are too many uncertainties to the Jets for them to overtake the Patriots. One step further, they may even miss the playoffs entirely in 2011.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

I there is room especially if Stroud doesn't work out
    Here's some good video on him http://60maxpowero.com/draftermath4.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i would sign him and here's why, stroud is converting to the 3-4, and who knows if he will be able to get it before the start of the season. Ellis is a 3-4 DE who has already adjusted to the 3-4 and is doing it at a decently hig level. plus stealing him from the jets would hurt them. plus BB loves bringing in guys who have hurt him in the past (welker)

11. This post has been removed.