The Pats will be fielding their best team ever in 2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: The Pats will be fielding their best team ever in 2010

Best ever - that is some big shoes to fill.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats will be fielding their best team ever in 2010:
    Best ever - that is some big shoes to fill.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Yeah, I know but I was a Red Sox fan before they won the WS a few years ago and this is the time of year to foster those kinds of thoughts.

I also think the 2001 team and the 2004 team tie as their best teams ever.  The 2007 team was ungodly stupid offense but not the best team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Not with that Oline in NE!BB has done literally nothing as far as free agents and his draft day picks have been questionable at best the last few years. Add in the fact that Brady is playing the Diva card and not showing up for off season workouts. The pats best days are in their rear view mirror.They are the afterthought of the NFL
    Posted by LeonsRight

Leon, just run home like the good little mushroom you are. If I really wanted your opinion I would have read a NY newspaper and get it from the real author.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

what are you talking about leon our o line, we have a great left side of the o line in vollmer, mankins and koppen. the right side is ok but can be fixed fairly easy. Please leon whatever your smoking send some to me..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

ROFLMAO-at leon

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

NE's best days are in their past- didnt you say that last year too??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

somebody please educate this fool.. fool as in leon the fool.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

whos won a championship in the last 30 years the pats or the jets???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

when the jets finish 8-8 this upcoming football season and dont bairly make it to the playoffs again, we wont have to deal with this fool. atleast for a little while anyways.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Re: The Pats will be fielding their best t m ever in 2010

I was at the playoff game, I never felt more imbarrased in my life.  until we get some major pick up's ---------------> it wiil be a repeat of last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

which means SQUAT!!! If your happy with that then go fly a kite. :o(

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

ok you want substance you typical jets fan, our wealth of new talent is gonna come from our 4 picks in the first 58, and with a draft as deep as any were almost guarenteed were gonna get some top quality talent.. if you want to call the jets picking up the chargers scraps, getting quality talent then be my guest but the jets are the same dysfunctional 8-8 9-7 team from last year. the jets release thomas jones a 1,400 yard rusher and pick up washed up LT2. way to go!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

Nobody is questioning s*** the off season workouts just started and they are voluntary.

The truth is the Patriots are getting younger which improves game speed. To say they will be best ever team im not too sure but we will see . I think they will be better than last year and we made the playoffs.

As far as the jets there offense is terrible and they let a 1400 yard rusher go, extended drops mcgulicutty in braylon edwards and you have a qb which was in the top 3 in INTs last season.......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

not to mention the top 10 pick were likely to get from oakland and our 1st next year, we get top quality talent for aging veteran money.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Best team of ours ever, No.  Talk to me in 2 years after last years good draft this and next years draft, then I think we start to see the best team we have had.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Best team of ours ever, No.  Talk to me in 2 years after last years good draft this and next years draft, then I think we start to see the best team we have had. 

i was thinking the samething, but were still good enough to compete in the meantime, leon is making it outlike the pats are gonna go 5-11 or something, at this time the pats can atleast be as good as they were last year possibly 11-5 12-4. The pats have been super smart with there draft picks as we have the possiblity of picking up 2-3 great players at least with good players also, within the next two years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I like what BB has done to rebuild this team and I expect great things.

The only worry is that Godell and the other owners will decide BB's hoodie is a rules violation and dock us another first round draft pick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

At least this thread is optimistic unlike the "Patriots are going to finish behind Miami and the Jets. Watch"

I wouldn't doubt that this year's team could be the best yet. Our team isn't missing all that much and with the picks we have this year and having brought back our major contributors from last year, I think it's certainly possible.

You just can't ever put anything past a healthy, rested Tommy Brady. If he just had another piece or two to work with, the sky's the limit for him and the team overall.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

he no nuts, he's crazy!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to The Pats will be fielding their best team ever in 2010:
    Anybody care to dispute this? With all the first year players from last year that contributed major minutes coming back and the possible additions from the draft and free agency, I think this years team could be their best ever. Just the loss of Pees is like adding two more defensive backs on the field. I will never forget the TV image of Pees vehemently waving the D-backs back as the camera then zooms in on BB, 15-20 yards away, vehemently waving the D-backs to get up towards the line of scrimage because it was a third and something like three.  
    Posted by rtuinila

LMAO.  Ummm, based on what?

Gone: Ben Watson, Jarvis Green, Chris Baker

Back: Wilfork, Banta Cain, Faulk

In: Crumpler, Patten

Out: Welker

If the season were to start today, I would say that we are worse off than last year. As of this second, our offensive line is about the SAME, our pass rush is WORSE, our WR position is WORSE (solely because Welker will be out for most of next season - anticipate him to be playing again towards the end of 2010 regular season schedule), our TE position is WORSE, punting/kicking game is the SAME, special teams is the SAME, RB corp about the SAME. The problem is that our greatest need is OL and pass rush.

The good thing is that it's still early.  We will see if our pass rush, and offensive line are improved before the start of mandatory workouts.

IF we add a guy like Brandon Marshall AND imrove our OL, AND improve our pass rush - then I MIGHT say that we could field a pretty dayum good team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

i don't think the best ever, but i think they can make the AFC championship game

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats will be fielding their best team ever in 2010 : Yeah, I know but I was a Red Sox fan before they won the WS a few years ago and this is the time of year to foster those kinds of thoughts. I also think the 2001 team and the 2004 team tie as their best teams ever.  The 2007 team was ungodly stupid offense but not the best team.
    Posted by rtuinila

This is one of those arguments that can't ever be won, but I would have a hard time conceiving of a way the '01 team or for the '04 team could have stopped the '07 team.  I understand they lost the last game, etc., but if the Giants don't come up with the most fortuitous drives in the history of football, this is not even a discussion. 

That team was the greatest offense in history, but the defense wasn't bad either.  Fourth in both ypg defensively and in scoring defense (0.7 pts. behind the first place Steelers).  By comparison, the 2001 team was 24th and 6th, and the 2004 team was 9th and 2nd, respectively.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In Response to Re: The Pats will be fielding their best team ever in 2010 : This is one of those arguments that can't ever be won, but I would have a hard time conceiving of a way the '01 team or for the '04 team could have stopped the '07 team.  I understand they lost the last game, etc., but if the Giants don't come up with the most fortuitous drives in the history of football, this is not even a discussion.  That team was the greatest offense in history, but the defense wasn't bad either.  Fourth in both ypg defensively and in scoring defense (0.7 pts. behind the first place Steelers).  By comparison, the 2001 team was 24th and 6th, and the 2004 team was 9th and 2nd, respectively.   
    Posted by Muzwell

I understand your point but those defensive stats were a result of the offense forcing other teams to go one dimensional. If the Pats had the 2001 or 2004 defense in the 2007 Superbowl, I dare say they'd have raised the 19-0 banner in 2008. In those years the defense didn't get gassed in the 4th quarter like they did in 2007. They tended to make the other teams offense get gassed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In Response to The Pats will be fielding their best team ever in 2010 : LMAO.  Ummm, based on what? Gone: Ben Watson, Jarvis Green, Chris Baker Back: Wilfork, Banta Cain, Faulk In: Crumpler, Patten Out: Welker If the season were to start today, I would say that we are worse off than last year. As of this second, our offensive line is about the SAME, our pass rush is WORSE, our WR position is WORSE (solely because Welker will be out for most of next season - anticipate him to be playing again towards the end of 2010 regular season schedule), our TE position is WORSE, punting/kicking game is the SAME, special teams is the SAME, RB corp about the SAME. The problem is that our greatest need is OL and pass rush. The good thing is that it's still early.  We will see if our pass rush, and offensive line are improved before the start of mandatory workouts. IF we add a guy like Brandon Marshall AND imrove our OL, AND improve our pass rush - then I MIGHT say that we could field a pretty dayum good team.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

Ok Bubba,

The Pats tight ends were nonexistant last year so not having the same nonexistant tight ends, to me, is an improvement since they might be able to replace them with existing tight ends.

The O-line is already better than last year since Vollmer is still on the team and will most likely be better than last year. There are a couple of other young o-linemen that could step up and there is always the draft.

The pass rush, see tight ends. It was nonexistant last year too. Therefore odds are it will be better this year. Also with Pees gone the automatic 5 to 10 yard completion (because the DB's are still running down field trying to make sure no receiver gets behind any of them) might be challenged this year and cause a QB to hold onto the ball longer.

The wide receiver situation is a lot better than it was in 2001 and 2003 so though it isn't as good as last year it isn't chopped liver either. And if you really want to kill the receiver corps get Brandon Marshall. I imagine there was a reason the Broncs nose dived at the end of the season and though McD might have Napoleon syndrome he wouldn't sit a guy that could help him win a game to get into the playoffs without  a compelling, and I mean over the top compelling, reason.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Hard to raise that flag now considering the 2010 team hasn't even been filled out or even played a game yet.  A+ for enthusiasm though.