The Perfect Spot To Be In.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The Perfect Spot To Be In.....

No one is predicting or expecting this incarnation of the Patriots to win. Madden game simulators and media flunkies are all predicting a Giants win for any number reasons:

Giants pass rush cannot be stopped blah blah blah

Eli is an elite QB......blah blah blah blah blah

Doesn't matter because this is exactly close to where the Pats team was when they faced the supposedly unstoppable Rams offense. No one wanted the Pats to win and no one realistically expected them to win and yet all they did was win and win and win and establish a dynasty. 

To h--k with all the talking heads in the media. This Patriots team (with Spikes, Chung, Vollmer) is as healthy as its been all year and the defense has vastly improved. Do these chimps even realise the Pats are riding a 10 game winning streak? Eli has had one season as an "elite" QB, Tom Brady has had 12 seasons as an elite QB. This is bs on the part of the media, the Patriots are winning this game. Plain and simple. Tight game, but the Patriots win just the same. Then all the media wimps can run around making excuses for the Giants failure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: The Perfect Spot To Be In.....

I agree with most of that except the 01 comparison.

Noone expected us to win and a lot of folks wanted us to win because everyone loves an underdog.  We were outmatched on paper in that game.

This is different. We are hated now because we created a dynasty.

These 2 teams are actually pretty evenly matched even down to the coaching so its much different and only reason people are picking the Gmen because everyone wants to see a "REAL Giant"  get taken out.

They are making this a battle of Qb's, but the line will determine each teams success.

I am banking on Wilfork to be the difference and hoping the Pats mix up the playcalling enough where the Giants cant key on our snap count or pin their ears back for the pass.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Hannah you must be watching media day too. I love that we can go 13-3, be favored by Vegas and STILL be trhe under dog! GO PATS

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: The Perfect Spot To Be In.....:
    I agree with most of that except the 01 comparison. Noone expected us to win and a lot of folks wanted us to win because everyone loves an underdog.  We were outmatched on paper in that game. This is different. We are hated now because we created a dynasty. These 2 teams are actually pretty evenly matched even down to the coaching so its much different and only reason people are picking the Gmen because everyone wants to see a "REAL Giant"  get taken out. They are making this a battle of Qb's, but the line will determine each teams success. I am banking on Wilfork to be the difference and hoping the Pats mix up the playcalling enough where the Giants cant key on our snap count or pin their ears back for the pass.
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Have to speak for yourself on that one, jay. My dad and I both bet heavily on that game and won. Very sweet memory of both the game and the aftermath!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Vegas wasn't built on being wrong.  Patriots 31 - 17

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

We'll be in even better position up by 20 late in the 4th with Eli pouting around the field and Coughlin throwing his arms up in frustration. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

NY, I agree so far as fans. By that time the bangwagon was full.

I actually believed in Brady and was happy went Drew went down(not in a malicious way) but I knew Drew was done a couple years back and B.B. wouldnt keep him around knowing what he had.

I am speaking of the general NFL fans not expecting us to win.

In that aspect, I believe the reason people want us to lose is the same reason some wanted us to win back in 01.  01 and 11 to me are polar opposites.

In 01, we had a team with a good defense and Brady was a game manager.

Now Brady IS the offense and our defense just manages the game, if you will.

We have 3 SB trophies now, we had none going into the 01' SB

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

NY, I agree so far as fans. By that time the bangwagon was full. I actually believed in Brady and was happy went Drew went down(not in a malicious way) but I knew Drew was done a couple years back and B.B. wouldnt keep him around knowing what he had. I am speaking of the general NFL fans not expecting us to win. In that aspect, I believe the reason people want us to lose is the same reason some wanted us to win back in 01.  01 and 11 to me are polar opposites. In 01, we had a team with a good defense and Brady was a game manager. Now Brady IS the offense and our defense just manages the game, if you will. We have 3 SB trophies now, we had none going into the 01' SB
    Posted by JayShizzle45

I, too, remember feeling relieved that this kid Brady from a glorious pre-season would be replacing Bledsoe, who IMO was just mailing it in by that time, as he did in his subsequent seasons at the Bills and Cowboys, after having successful first season with each.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Chris, people forget that Bledsoe always had hot starts getting us out to 4-0 starts until we played the Jets with B.B. as coordinator. He would make Drew look silly and we would lose the game badly and Drew would carry into the next few games and we would have a slide.

We went 5-11 the year before with Drew starting every game so when they drafted Brady in 2000, I didnt take it lightly.

I always say that B.B. probably pulled Brady to the side after 00' and said "come back stronger, work on your game and you may have a shot"

The preseason of 01' they had already moved Brady to # 2 in anticipation of him ascending.

I swear to God on everything I love I told my friend in preseason 01' that Brady would play that year , some way, some how.

We talked about how Drew was a warrior and would never get hurt and I agreed and said he would have to have some fluky or serious injury to come out and lo and behold....lol

so when Drew went down, it didnt look good as I was celebrating and everyone was in panic mode. That saturday night, I told all my buddies, relax Brady gonna do well and we will beat the Colts. We ended up stomping them and after that game, I was already telling everyone Brady is gonna lead us to a SB.

I have Brady's first training camp throw in 00' when you were allowed to bring video cameras to the camp.  Looooong time ago!....lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

Chris, people forget that Bledsoe always had hot starts getting us out to 4-0 starts until we played the Jets with B.B. as coordinator. He would make Drew look silly and we would lose the game badly and Drew would carry into the next few games and we would have a slide. We went 5-11 the year before with Drew starting every game so when they drafted Brady in 2000, I didnt take it lightly. I always say that B.B. probably pulled Brady to the side after 00' and said "come back stronger, work on your game and you may have a shot" The preseason of 01' they had already moved Brady to # 2 in anticipation of him ascending. I swear to God on everything I love I told my friend in preseason 01' that Brady would play that year , some way, some how. We talked about how Drew was a warrior and would never get hurt and I agreed and said he would have to have some fluky or serious injury to come out and lo and behold....lol so when Drew went down, it didnt look good as I was celebrating and everyone was in panic mode. That saturday night, I told all my buddies, relax Brady gonna do well and we will beat the Colts. We ended up stomping them and after that game, I was already telling everyone Brady is gonna lead us to a SB. I have Brady's first training camp throw in 00' when you were allowed to bring video cameras to the camp.  Looooong time ago!....lol
    Posted by JayShizzle45

that's pretty d*mn cool.  Keep that tape. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

that picture of coughlin is great lol....and yea i like the fact that they are the underdog based on experts picks....an underdog win would be a more satisfying win

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

At the Super Bowl sitting next to Negame2

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: The Perfect Spot To Be In.....":
    We'll be in even better position up by 20 late in the 4th with Eli pouting around the field and Coughlin throwing his arms up in frustration.  Posted by mighty2012
    The perfect ending to this season. My dream is that they see it coming long before the clock hits zero.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: The Perfect Spot To Be In.....":
    In Response to Re: The Perfect Spot To Be In..... : sb XXXVI RAMS FAVORED BY 14 sb XLII  PATS FAVORED BY 12 "Vegas wasn't built on being wrong" Posted by JintsFan
    That's dumb. Now show us all the times they were right. Nice but clumsy try. Let me guess....if the Giants win you're going to be insufferable for years, and if they lose you're going to completely disappear until you resurface as a Jests fan again? Lame.

Sections
Shortcuts