The PI call in the end zone that negated the last interception?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmk. Show tmmk's posts

The PI call in the end zone that negated the last interception?

The replay showed Brown turned his head.  It was an uncatchable ball.....Does anyone else think that call was BS?  The game wasn't won or lost on one play.....but that made a huge difference.  It was the Pats fault for putting themselves in the postion.  That had a huge lead and blew the game......but that call stands out to me!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgreen11211. Show dgreen11211's posts

Re: The PI call in the end zone that negated the last interception?

Doesn't matter what the rules say - that was going to be an defensive PI no matter what.  Place the ball at the 1 yard line put the Bills in position to score.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

PI rules still apply, but apparently holding calls do not.  i believe it was kyle love who was practically tackled by an offensive lineman that allowed fitzpatrick to roll out.  i agree the PI call was crap because 1 it was uncatchable (at least by the reciever) 2 the reciever initiated contact,  and 3 the defender had his head turned to the ball.  

*edit*
    the rules that change when a QB rolls out are 1 no more illegal contact 2 no more grounding (as long as the ball goes past the line of scrimmage) and 3 QBs are considered runners and can be hit like everyone else

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He impeded the WR from going back to the ball.  So yes it was interference.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

tcal, he did impede the reciever, but after watching the replays from a few angles, do you think the reciever had any chance to get back to the ball?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It is but ONE play.. the Pats had plenty of chances to stop the Bills and failed miserably!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

That drive had 2 penalty calls, both questionable , in both end zones.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

In Response to Re: The PI call in the end zone that negated the last interception?:
    It is but ONE play.. the Pats had plenty of chances to stop the Bills and failed miserably!
    Posted by agcsbill

i agree with you, the pats had alot of chances to put the game away (or not play bad football to keep buffalo in it).  this one shouldnt have been close.  either way, it still sucks to see the nail in the coffin happen due to a few bad calls by the refs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: The PI call in the end zone that negated the last interception?:
    Posted by agcsbill

Typically that is true. But that game was handed over to the Bills on a few fluke picks on offense, and about five terribly blown plays on defense. That was one of them. No interference, and that is a change of possession. 

A seven point swing in a 3 point game. Enough said. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Did he really impede the receiver?  I watched it 5 times and it's pretty clear to me the receiver had Brown in a bear hug and Brown had his hands up trying to back away.  Just a BS call to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I thought it was a good call.  Dumb play by Brown.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

tcal, he did impede the reciever, but after watching the replays from a few angles, do you think the reciever had any chance to get back to the ball?
    Posted by flutie66

I seen enough Football over the years flutie to know the Refs never take that (catchable ball) into consideration when calling PI penalties.  There was a lot about the game that bothers me but that call doesn't

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

that play is the peyton manning special. you underthrow the receiver and get the cheap flag

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

Would it have even mattered? 

The Bills drove 95, 94, and 80 yards, one of those drives was 51 seconds.

Our D is the laughingstock of the NFL...AGAIN.  I couldn't care less about one penalty flag, we're a disaster.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Would it have even mattered?  The Bills drove 95, 94, and 80 yards, one of those drives was 51 seconds. Our D is the laughingstock of the NFL...AGAIN.  I couldn't care less about one penalty flag, we're a disaster.
    Posted by John413

Bingo. Nail on the head. Before those drives, NE was WAAAAY up in TOP. The defense just collapsed. It absolutely collapsed again. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

It was bogus.

Brown had position and held it while keeping his arms out to the side.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukebusy. Show lukebusy's posts

Was it pass interference?    Yes.
    Did it influence the play?      No.
    Does the D stink?               Yes.
    Would I rather watch the Sox?   Just Heidi.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

Call seemed bogus to me.  There was another one or two that seemed quite questioble as well.  I thought maybe that is why Bill was so ripping and got that penalty of a lost TI.  Which in itself was weird.  I'm not saying it was a conspiracy or intentional, but in a game of inches . . . .

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Now that they have a good team and the fans are excited, I guess they will not be moving the Bills to Canada afterall.... nudge nudge wink wink.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

I will say this . . . it is much better to lose early in the season than late.  Front-running is a good ego boost, but getting into the post season and winning then is what really matters.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts