The Play that Could Have Won the Game !!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

The Play that Could Have Won the Game !!

1 and 10 on jets 36 0:36 to go 4 quarter .

brady lobbs a good throw over the top to gronk but instead of going up with two hands gronk only uses one healty hand and drops the pass could have made it easier to score a TD and win the game , brady wasnt sharp at all this game but this catch would have changed the game , if gronk catches this one it's a TD .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Re: The Play that Could Have Won the Game !!

It was the perfect pass, it had to be that high to clear the defender.  Gronk should have made the catch but for him to have the game he did in his first game back was amazing.  I din't think he would be in game shape and he killed it today.

Play that lost the game, well pathetic oline play, no receivers to get open to throw to, they can't catch anyways.  LB's are horrible.  Why was Cole out there?  He got faked out on one run and allowed the td, he is terrible at the db position, I'm sure the jets were saying how glad they are he isn't still with them any longer.  It was a team loss today. Some guys much worse then others.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Gronk isnt still 100% i think it's more mental than physical , but he has to use both his hands on catches  , i saw also that he was hesitant to block also .

not to late to trade for someone , meanwhile wes welker is having a fun stay in denver and having good numbers while amendola is one step from IR.

we can change the season around , but BB the GM has to change his mindset 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to yakv's comment:

Gronk isnt still 100% i think it's more mental than physical , but he has to use both his hands on catches  , i saw also that he was hesitant to block also .

not to late to trade for someone , meanwhile wes welker is having a fun stay in denver and having good numbers while amendola is one step from IR.

we can change the season around , but BB the GM has to change his mindset 

No argument here with your post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

I thought it was Brady's fault for not catching it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Anoter Quality Tight end would have helped Hoowman and mulligan aint quality TE at least they could have kept suddfeld instead of IR leon washington .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

What lost the game was their inability to step on the Jet's neck when they needed to. 2nd to last drive before the half with about 4 change on the clock they get the ball at the 50 up 21-10 and instead of putting the game away they go 3 and out for -7 yards on the drive.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

What lost the game was their inability to step on the Jet's neck when they needed to. 2nd to last drive before the half with about 4 change on the clock they get the ball at the 50 up 21-10 and instead of putting the game away they go 3 and out for -7 yards on the drive.

But we had enough chances all the game but that drop could have done the deal , lets hope we brady and gronk get more in sync and that gronk isnt afraid to use both his hands to catch passes 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The Pats lost the game because they were outplayed by the Jets in just about every phase of the game.  I seriously dislike typing that but that's the way I see it.  That said, I, too, found it odd that Gronk went after that pass with one hand.  A catch may not have been a TD but it would have put them in ideal position to score.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

The Pats lost the game because they were outplayed by the Jets in just about every phase of the game.  I seriously dislike typing that but that's the way I see it.  That said, I, too, found it odd that Gronk went after that pass with one hand.  A catch may not have been a TD but it would have put them in ideal position to score.

IMO, the team outplayed the Jets in the first half, second half - not so much.  Gronk gets a pass because it was his first game back.  The rest of the team shouldn't get a pass - even with all the injuries on both sides of the ball

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to yakv's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

But we had enough chances all the game but that drop could have done the deal , lets hope we brady and gronk get more in sync and that gronk isnt afraid to use both his hands to catch passes 

Don't disagree regarding chances throughout the game but when you are up by 2 scores, have the ball near the end of the half and get the ball to start the 2nd half they need to step on the other teams throat. They let the Jet's off the hook.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I look at that play and break it down like this:

Could Brady have thrown it a bit lower sure, but he had to make sure a defender couldn't knock it down so he put enough air under it to where only Gronk could get it. Not a bad pass by any means.

Gronk, should have secured it with his 2nd hand similar to many catches he's made before. Can I blaim him for not doing it, nope for a couple of reasons. If he turned over to secure it he would have landed on his back or arm and would have been downed at the 10. I'm sure in the back of his mind he was thinking if he could come down cleanly with the 1 hand grab he would maintain balance and have all green for the game winning TD. I'm also sure in the back of his hands he knew if he secured it with the 2nd hand there was a good chance he'd land on his previously broken arm and might not have wanted to take that risk

All in all that one play might have won us the game but it certainly wasn't the one play that lost us the game as it was a bunch of plays that ended up losing it

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Could Brady have thrown it a bit lower sure, but he had to make sure a defender couldn't knock it down so he put enough air under it to where only Gronk could get it. Not a bad pass by any means.

Gronk, should have secured it with his 2nd hand similar to many catches he's made before. Can I blaim him for not doing it, nope for a couple of reasons. If he turned over to secure it he would have landed on his back or arm and would have been downed at the 10. I'm sure in the back of his mind he was thinking if he could come down cleanly with the 1 hand grab he would maintain balance and have all green for the game winning TD. I'm also sure in the back of his hands he knew if he secured it with the 2nd hand there was a good chance he'd land on his previously broken arm and might not have wanted to take that risk

All in all that one play might have won us the game but it certainly wasn't the one play that lost us the game as it was a bunch of plays that ended up losing it

many plays were significant , but in the end of regulation you have the chance to finish the game , but like the last 4 years the team doesn't have a killer instinct maybe the play calling brady or the receivers i don't know .

but gronk has to make the catch , afraid or not he can avoiding falling on the hand or else go play pop warner, this is football you put your body on the line , gronk is a TE and not a Lloyd clone afraid of contact .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

this.  he's probably still leery of an awkward fall, and he knew a one-handed grab meant game-winning TD and ESPN highlights. Pretty understandable.  And when you look at the play again, you realize just how darn close he was to pulling it off - he made the catch, but lost it of his chest protector when he tried to pull it in.  C'est la guerre.

oh yeah, what a sh1te call on the FG to boot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

......  Why was Cole out there?  

Better question, why are you here? You're a loser, troll Jet fan and everybody knows it. Seriously, do you think anybody is fooled? If you're tailing someone on the highway, you don't get all up in their bumper, you hang back so you're barely noticeable. 

I'm really curious, what is the point of spending a crazy amount of time on another team's site pretending to be someone you're not? Do you think your uninformed and incoherent comments are somehow influencing Patriot fans? Turning us against the team or something?  It's not going to work, and you're really not very good at it either.

It's like you're a double agent spy wannabe, but there's no real war to fight and nobody that would hire a loser like you if there was. Imagine if you put all this effort into something positive and productive. You might be able to get off food stamps.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

There were several plays that could have won the game.  Even last week, the Pats finally capitalized on a chance, but they could have salted the game away much sooner. 

This week, yes it was a tough call on the Jets FG, but it shouldn't even have come down to that.  The Gronk play was probably the most glaring.  He should have had that, the pass was about as good as it could have been.  Earlier Brady missed a guy, I think Dobson, when he had 2 steps on a defender that would have been a TD if the pass was there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:

I thought it was Brady's fault for not catching it.

I'm rusted, and I approve this message......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE BRADY A PASS  HE WAS HORRIFIC IN THE 2ND HALF.  I think Brady threw it to high.  I see the defender, however, the only thing Brady had to do was lead Gronk.  He threw high instead.  Gronk had about 2 yards in front of the defender.  So he has already beat the defender.  Why throw it high.  He did not have to out jump the defender.

Sections
Shortcuts