The problem in a nutshell

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Re: The problem in a nutshell

The front 7 played good enough but there are no excuses for the secondary, I can't remember them making one play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Patriots just are not as good as I thought they were. From the head coach all the way down to the last man they just are better than average. 3 and 3 , as Parcells used to say , you are what you are.

The toughest part of this loss was that the coaching gave this game away.Sorrh for being so negative but this one hurt.

[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you.  I have been saying the same since the beginning of the season.  Unless they can improve drastically, they may not even make the playoffs.  It is a sad reality as a Patriots fan, but they have to play better in all areas, offense and defense.  They have to improve their play in the 4th quarter of games. 

I agree also.  But this was a game that should have been won.  Points left on the field, poor clock management and poor coaching decisions all played a part.  Our defense aside from the secondary has been better this year.  BB sometimes out thinks himself I think.  This is the first year we moved up and drafted what looks like a couple really good players.  Previous drafts we passed on a lot of good players for various reasons. Too short by an inch or not big enough, etc.   I wish BB would get some real defensive and offensive coordinators.  Especially defense.  We should not give up so many big plays.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

BB has no blitzes.  They never blitz - their defense is vanilla every week.

He doesn't even try to be imaginative.

Look what the terrible raiders did to Matt Ryan today.  crazy looks, blitzes and creative cover schemes - led to 3 picks and the raiders had a chance to win that game!

Because the Raider coach did his homework and was very creative.  He wasn't arrogant.  He got creative and tried to trick the falcons. 

BB hasn't treid to trick anyone in 7 seasons.  He thinks he will just play vanilla and win every week. 

No blitzes! 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's because they ran him out of passing formations. That's nothing new. Saying 4.4 YPC as proof of his effectiveness as a lead RB and the ability to run out the clock, etc.

If you run the ball more and establish it in the first half, we win the game.

Period.

Why on earth a small pocket of Pats fans can see this problem and BB can't, I have no idea.  This is why I think Brady has too much autonomy. Maybe he doesn't, but why does this continue to happen?

What is the common denominator? It's not Bill O'Brien here anymore. #12 is here and so is BB.

Who is it?

[/QUOTE]

idiot post.  he avg like 1.4 yards a carry.  wasn't working

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

the problem in a nutshell is the secondary still sucks   the front seven have gotten way better  and it shows but the secondary still needs help we have been shreded down the middle of the field 3 weeks in a row be it persoanl or defesnive playcalling there is a problem there

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The one thing I can agree with Rusty on is that McCourty is the least of the problems in the secondary.  Most of the problems come from the other corner position and the god awful safety play.