The Problem no one will discuss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: The Problem no one will discuss

In response to PATSthebest's comment:

I think BB is to comfortable in his position to challenge himself. I don't question how hard he works, but over the past 10 years we've had a real opportunity to "shatter" the NFL.

I belive BB brought about disipline and accountablity for the players, but he needs to be accountable for his decisions as well.

OK, what do you propose? You want him fired? Tarred and feathered?

Last I checked, only Bob Kraft can hold him accountable.  You can try holding your breath or something?  You could organize a march with torches and pitchforks on Patriot Place.  If that doesn't do it, march to Kraft's house.

Or stop buying tickets and jerseys if you really mean business.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I think BB is to comfortable in his position to challenge himself. I don't question how hard he works, but over the past 10 years we've had a real opportunity to "shatter" the NFL.

I belive BB brought about disipline and accountablity for the players, but he needs to be accountable for his decisions as well.

Last I checked, only Bob Kraft can hold him accountable.  You can try holding your breath or something?  You could organize a march with torches and pitchforks on Patriot Place.  If that doesn't do it, march to Kraft's house.

Bring in a GM that is equal to BB in draft selections and free agency signings.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

That is the equivalent of asking for him to be fired.  BB isn't going to give up that responsibility.  If you want him as a coach you have to accept him as a GM.  Personally I think it is worth it, but after every season that doesn't end with a Lombardi people are going to come out of the woodwork and complain.  Sure this team has holes, but let's not pretend there aren't a lot of other teams that wished they had the "problems" we have.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I get the point about the Pats LBs and pass coverage.  To be honest, though, I didn't see a whole lot of good pass coverage from either the Ravens or the Texans LBs either unless I missed something.  

There are issues to be addressed on both sides of the ball and I think for the team to succeed (read that as win another SB) they must be.  

To the original poster, I take issue with your contention that Robert Kraft isn't willing to spend to address issues.  The facts indicate otherwise. I also take issue with your assertion that BB hasn't found a good cover corner or pass rusher.  Dennard looked awfully good for a rookie corner and Talib looked awfully good period untill he pulled the hammy.  With respect to the pass rusher, Chandler Jones had 6 sacks before he got hurt and hadn't fully recoverd when he came back.  

With defects on both sides of the ball this team went to the AFC title game 2 years running, winning it once and coming within a few minutes of winning the SB that year as well.  That says a great deal for ownership, management, coaching and level of play of a team with shortcomings.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Well, petition the owner I guess. Good luck with that.  

Of course, he won't work under those conditions.  If he's a free agent, he can go to about a dozen teams next year and get full control and probably get more dough than he's getting in NE.  If Andy Reid gets a job with full control in about a nanosecond, how long do you think it would take Belichick to find a willing owner?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CornHole12. Show CornHole12's posts

Bring back the video tape!!!

We suck if we're not cheating!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Of couse it's only my view..Say what you want about the lack of offense yeaterday, Welker's drop or no deep threat. The PATS are at or near the top of the NFL ever year on offense. You can't expect the offense to always be fireng on all cylinders, with key injuries. What do you want 35 a game every game?

The "D' is and has been for the last several years the issue. What's constant year after year the same discussions about a shut down corner or pass rusher. How many draft picks will we go thru till BB finds one or the Kraft spends the money to pick one up. I would hate to think what we would look like with out VW. Who is on charge of the "D" anyway?

The sadest part is we have had the best QB, maybe of all time and we can't give him a top 10 D. Time is passing and we need a GM with power to create a balance of power and challenge BB.

It's not in Bill we trust, it's in Brady and the Offense we thank.

So the pats offense scored 21 points below its regular season average.  The suspect defense gave up fewer points than the offenses season average (7 points more than its own season average). 

I'll grant you the patriots defense is not as good as its statistics, but regardless of their shortcomings, the offense was pathetic yesterday.

So our offense yesterday was like you are all the time. I'll agree.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Of couse it's only my view..Say what you want about the lack of offense yeaterday, Welker's drop or no deep threat. The PATS are at or near the top of the NFL ever year on offense. You can't expect the offense to always be fireng on all cylinders, with key injuries. What do you want 35 a game every game?

The "D' is and has been for the last several years the issue. What's constant year after year the same discussions about a shut down corner or pass rusher. How many draft picks will we go thru till BB finds one or the Kraft spends the money to pick one up. I would hate to think what we would look like with out VW. Who is on charge of the "D" anyway?

The sadest part is we have had the best QB, maybe of all time and we can't give him a top 10 D. Time is passing and we need a GM with power to create a balance of power and challenge BB.

So the pats offense scored 21 points below its regular season average.  The suspect defense gave up fewer points than the offenses season average (7 points more than its own season average). 

I'll grant you the patriots defense is not as good as its statistics, but regardless of their shortcomings, the offense was pathetic yesterday.

agree

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Mayo looked great whiffing on the TD run and chasing receivers all night.  Get real, Spikes and Hightower came to play Mayo stunk the place up as usual. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CornHole12. Show CornHole12's posts

Tom Brady choked!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I get the point about the Pats LBs and pass coverage.  To be honest, though, I didn't see a whole lot of good pass coverage from either the Ravens or the Texans LBs either unless I missed something.  

There are issues to be addressed on both sides of the ball and I think for the team to succeed (read that as win another SB) they must be.  

To the original poster, I take issue with your contention that Robert Kraft isn't willing to spend to address issues.  The facts indicate otherwise. I also take issue with your assertion that BB hasn't found a good cover corner or pass rusher.  Dennard looked awfully good for a rookie corner and Talib looked awfully good period untill he pulled the hammy.  With respect to the pass rusher, Chandler Jones had 6 sacks before he got hurt and hadn't fully recoverd when he came back.  

With defects on both sides of the ball this team went to the AFC title game 2 years running, winning it once and coming within a few minutes of winning the SB that year as well.  That says a great deal for ownership, management, coaching and level of play of a team with shortcomings.

Denard did look good. As for Talib, that was a move based on BB finaly realizing the "system" needed more talent. Since Samuel has left we've had the same problem.

We did go to the AFC championship 2 years in a row. I just feel it was the offense that brought us there and we need to make some adjustments on D to get us over the top. Many still believe that Defenses win playoff and championship games. We need some of that belief.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gilzippy. Show gilzippy's posts

In response to CornHole12's comment:

Bring back the video tape!!!

We suck if we're not cheating!

Oh shut up, loser.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Sadly after watching the game clips over and over I have come to the realization that the Welker drop was just absolutely mind-blowingly HUUUGE! A 20-7 lead there or even 16-7 would have been nice. I do not however agree with the decision to punt after that play. Interesting that Chandler Jones only plays 2 snaps after being listed as probable. That really sucked.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Time is passing and we need a GM with power to create a balance of power and challenge BB.

Send Kraft a letter and suggest he get a GM and let BB coach. It might be the answer. But BB will tell Kraft what Purcell told Kraft.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

what a dumb thread. first off, plenty of people on this board are blaming the defense. second off, the pats didnt score a single point in the 2nd half. that isnt a winning formula, i dont care what kind of defense you have.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

what a dumb thread. first off, plenty of people on this board are blaming the defense. second off, the pats didnt score a single point in the 2nd half. that isnt a winning formula, i dont care what kind of defense you have.

Your right it's not a winning formula. Yesterfday's game was awful on both ends. My observation is that the offense carry's most of the games. I feel the defense has been dealing with the same issues for several years now.  So when I look at the scope of the "seasons", not one game, I feel we need a defense that can win Championships.We have lacked a shut down corner since Samuel left and we haven't had a pass rusher in..well that's even longer.

As for a "dumb" thread you don't have to comment, just ignore it and move on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

You haven't been here very long if you think nobody will discuss the defense.  There's only about one new thread per hour for like four years on this subject.

My point is not part of many discussions today. All the blame is going to Brady or Welker.

No not Brady OR Welker. The offense underachived, AGAIN. Period.

Well... Period except I would add the offense including coaches, playcallers , gameplanners, they all sucked at key moments.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

ATJ since u r one of the more rational and intelligent posters here for the most part i am sure u will have something logical, etc...to say and i look forward to reading it re: my comment

basically, after all the debate and contexts and perspectives the Pats D usually can't stop a nosebleed when it counts and I as a Giants fan thank u guys for it every time we play

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I dont know how the Defense can be blamed here. They kept the Pats in the game and only gave up 28 and with 2 picks and a fumble by the Pats offense. Obviously this game was on the Pats Ofensive Offense! And if Brady had called timeout at the 10 yard line at the end of the 2nd qtr or just took 3 shots in the end zone with 1 timeout in case of a sack that could have been 4 more points. And lastly if the Pats put up another score,(they were at the Ravens 34 yard line), in the 3rd making it a 13 point lead it would have changed the complection of the game and gave the momentum to the Pats in a big way---VERY OBVIOUS this loss sits on the Pats O and last I checked the Hall of Fame QB was at the helm? And the D did this with no Talib, Chandler Jones and Kyle Love--sorrry my friend Brady has played SCARED and not to lose the last so many big games!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I see that an offense is going to have bad games. But you need a solid D when the offense isn't clicking. So tell me why we can't hold Flacco to 13?

You need the gas and the brakes. Gas weill get you there but the brakes will stop you from crashing.

It's pointless to have an O that scores 34 points a game if it's just going to score 13 against good Ds in the playoffs. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The real problem is there just isn't enough talent on the team on both sides of the ball.  The team is put together with over achievers that are coached up to play certain roles.  That's all fine and dandy when we play teams that don't have a lot of talent AND don't have players being coached up in a system that helps them over achieve.  When they face more all around talented teams the over achieving and system players just can't match up with them.  Thats we we witnessed Sunday and last year in the Super Bowl.  There are a handful of talented players, more on offense then defense.  But there aren't enough. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

The problem is that the PATS got their butts kicked by the Ravens, full stop. They got beat by a better coached, better quarterbacked, better defensive team, on the day. The Ravens were ready, the Pats were not.

Brady hasn't won a SB in 8 years, he puts up great numbers every year, but in the end he doesn't win the big one.  In spite of his numbers yesterday, he looked awful at times. Not what you would expect from a future HOF quarterback.

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts