The problem was....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The problem was....

Well, other than this mickey mouse defense....

We knew going in we weren't going to overwhelm then through the air. Their pass D has been  good. But we should have been able to slam them with the run since they were near the bottom of the league in yards per carry given up. But that didn't happen. Again, the run was anemic forcing us to throw into a stiff pass D. Add in the usual factor of our D making crap QBs look like they are elite, and you get the nail biter we got.

Be grateful the O stepped up at the end to get us to overtime, get points in that and have the D play strong to end it. We got lucky despite not being able to do what we should have. Run.

I am astonished that we actually won after the MORON McCourty coughed up the ball on the late return. What an absolute idiot. I'm starting to think I would like it better if this guy was not on this team. (I don't care about his TD return. That was great, but his stupidity in fumbling the late return negates that and then some.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: The problem was....

Typical Babe, blame the defense, glorify the offense. -_-

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

It was a win. There's no problem. The Jets are playing better. A lot can happen in 9 more games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hey Babe question,

Yes McCourty should have protected the ball on the return but if he didn't score the TD where would we have been? Last time I checked you take away the 3 points for the fumble and add the 7 for the TD that's still a +4 so maybe you should care about the TD since we only won by a FG.

Both sides of the ball stunk today. The O was 1 for 5 in the first half 3 for 9 total with 17 points in 4q's which is well below their average even facing elite D's. No I'm not trying to blame this on the O just pointing out that nether side had a strong day. All in all this was one of the worst all around games they've had this year

Saying be grateful the O stepping up is like saying be grateful the D stepped it up in the 1st half allowing a net of 8 points (10 given up minus a safety)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Fumbles andpicks  from time to time will need to be overcome.  If any team gets up to play us it's the jests. Credit them some for making it a game. It's on to next week and games like this are probably the reason why. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I've never been one to question the game plan going into a game but this one sure left me scratching my head.  The way the Pats use their RBs drives me nuts. 

That defense was on the field a lot.  I was surprised to see them have something left in the tank in OT.

The good news is both sides of the ball responded when it counted.  The drive by the offense and a big play by the defense to end the game.   Who would have thought after watching the first 4 quarters? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

When the interior of your offensive line is missing it makes it harder to run.  People like to complain about Mankins, but he and Connolly probably would have made a difference in the run game.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Pass rush...pass rush .... Pass rush where the he11 was it during the first 50 minutes? Where was Nincovich the first  50 minutes?????

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pass rush...pass rush .... Pass rush where the he11 was it during the first 50 minutes? Where was Nincovich the first  50 minutes?????

[/QUOTE]

Their O-line did a good job.   Nincovich is more of a cover LB , IMO,  you might want to ask yourself where were Spikes and Mayo on the pass rush ?

Not blaming the latter on those guys, the Jets O-line did a pretty good job protecting Sanchez . When they did get through with pressure Sanchez did a pretty good job scrambling or getting rid of the ball effectively.

As for the problem Babe, we can spread it out pretty evenly along the offense. Although yesterdays game the majority of the blame I'll give it to the play calling. Not only was it bad in pass situations , it was bad when they had to run the ball . 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Hess...don't come on here saying we anything. You are not a pats fan, and don't speak for anyone here but yourself. 

Brady has been off, but he is still and will always be better than your #6 draft pick. Sancheeze had good  passing numbers yesterday, but that has not much to do with Brady. Like I said, at the end of the day the universe is in order, and 2 things remained unchanged

1. The pats won and are on top of the division

2. Brady is better than sancheeze. One will be remembered as a SB champ and HOF'er and one wont. You figure it out since you are so smart.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nothing like living in the past there JR-hey we all agree that the pats had a great run.Tainted*** as it was but a great run none the less.

I like to make my predictions on the current state of affairs and don't look into the past for comfort.And you and the rest of the pats fans certainly sound as if you need a comforting hug today.

Hugs anybody??? LOL The division is ripe for the picking!

[/QUOTE]

No time for hugs. You'll make yourself late for your job at the car wash.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

Lots of little things BUT the pats won.  Each week we seem to have different issues. I would love to see the debacles straighten themselves out but believe the rest of the team can and will win. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The offense had its share of problems yesterday.  Some of them were on Brady, others on the O-line (although, all in all, not a bad outing), still others on receivers, Brandon Lloyd in particular.  Both Gronk and Hern are playing at less than 100% and that doesn't help.  

On defense, the defensive secondary is simply inconsistent.  There were times when they had everyone covered and other times where they weren't even in camera range.  Not entirely certain why the pass rush isn't more consistent as well.

Alll in all, however, the team came through when it needed to.  Gostkowski kicked two clutch field goals.  Brady moved the team when they needed to.  Defense made plays when they needed.  Nink and Cunningham came up huge on that sack/fumble, Nink in particular.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We knew going in we weren't going to overwhelm then through the air. Their pass D has been  good. But we should have been able to slam them with the run since they were near the bottom of the league in yards per carry given up. But that didn't happen. Again, the run was anemic forcing us to throw into a stiff pass D. Add in the usual factor of our D making crap QBs look like they are elite, and you get the nail biter we got.

Be grateful the O stepped up at the end to get us to overtime, get points in that and have the D play strong to end it. We got lucky despite not being able to do what we should have. Run.

I am astonished that we actually won after the MORON McCourty coughed up the ball on the late return. What an absolute idiot. I'm starting to think I would like it better if this guy was not on this team. (I don't care about his TD return. That was great, but his stupidity in fumbling the late return negates that and then some.)

[/QUOTE]

(YAWN........)

Shame you didn't watch the game with BOTH eyes, as I did wearing my Grogan throwback jersey. If McCourty was such a MORON, (your quote), let's remove his IDIOTIC kickoff return for a TD. Hmmm... let's see.... using the fuzzy math skills I acquired as a victim of a public education in The People's Republic, that would remove 7 points from the scoreboard (after all, it IS non-offensive production, directly contributed by a defensive player), that makes the score 23-19; no late FG ties the score, no OT, NO WIN (against a vastly inferior team, as we all bragged about here last week). Once again, the Pats have taken a downtrodden, ineffective QB, a JESTS! QB, no less, and turned him into a HOF candidate. I'd of hated to see what else he could have done if that laughing stock of a Patriot D didn't get 4 sacks and a game ending fumble on him.

Once again, Brady & Co could do NOTHING in the 4th Qtr, at least until the final 1:30 of the game, gakking up ANOTHER 10 point lead (to all you Babe-ites out there, that means "double digit"). I've been all over this poor defensive showing all season; especially the 4th Qtrs. Did the JESTS! defense get so good late in the game, or did the Pat's offense get caught, AGAIN, reading and believing how great they are press clippings? I had several folks at the house yesterday watching the game. When the 4th Qtr started, I told them all to watch out, and hold onto their furry little behinds. Two guys told me I was nuts...  the Pats had a 10 point lead, for God's sake. After the FG which resulted from McCourty's KO fumble, they looked at me and said, collectively, "WOW!"  My wife told them that I called the 3 prior losses the same way. Now, I'm 1-3, but still "young and learning". Uh, Babe, there's a message in all this...... the defense is borderline horrible, as in they know their faults but have apparently done nothing to fix them (or, to counter their accolades, are showing they've learned squat from them), but the issue that you refuse to see, or even admitt to, is the Brady Bunch have done absolutely NOTHING to help the cause in 4th Qtrs.

Then, again, there are many concerned Pats fans out here, like me, trying hard to call this a great win after coughing up another double digit 4th Qtr lead. The game tying and winning drives? "Great"? Really??? against a team everyone bashed here last week? REALLY????

(Which way do you want it, Babe? More fantasy, or maybe letting in just a little hint of reality? How many more 4th Qtr offensive inefficiencies will it take for you to understand that there is a problem.... a BIG problem.)

Now, tilt your head back, open up your mouth, and get ready to swallow a huge dose of reality. I can't wait to see how the Pats defense annoints Bradford and his band of "Who Dey?" receivers in London next week. Can you?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry I missed this opportunity the furwt time around, regarding:

To sum it up, it was, overall, a Disney Production yesterday at The Razor....  Mickey Mouse defense, and an offense run by Goofy and the Seven Dwarfs. They bit the apople of success and fell asleep like Sleeping Beauty in for the 4th Qtr, only to be awoken by Goofy (it was about time!).   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

even if brady is declining, hes old now.....whats sanchez' excuse for pu.king on himself at the end of the game?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to tg19pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lots of little things BUT the pats won.  Each week we seem to have different issues. I would love to see the debacles straighten themselves out but believe the rest of the team can and will win. 

[/QUOTE]

HUH??? "Different issues"????

I saw the same old crappola yesterday: a DBackfield seive turning another sub-par QB into a HOF nominee, along with his band of Unknowns called WR's. I also saw, sadly, AGAIN, an offense commanded by a future HOF'er, and NOT deterred by injuries (sorry, if you dress out and play, I don't want to hear whining about boo boos), going toes up in the 4th Qtr, save for the final 1:35. I saw more hed scratching plays being called. I saw ANOTHER double digit lead (Babe, this means at least 10 points) evaporate in the 4th Qtr. I saw another turnover deep in Patriot territory....

What game were you watching, that I obviously missed?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

even if brady is declining, hes old now.....whats sanchez' excuse for pu.king on himself at the end of the game?

[/QUOTE]

Let's see... if the shoddy play of the defense can be used, and Brady excused for his absolute 4th qtr leadership failures, let's try this out for Sanchez: it wasn't him, it was his OL. Seems to me I read that if the Pats had the regular OL in there, they would have run for a million yards and controlled the ball for 90% of the game.

Funny how excuses work, right? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tg19pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HUH??? "Different issues"????

I saw the same old crappola yesterday: a DBackfield seive turning another sub-par QB into a HOF nominee, along with his band of Unknowns called WR's. I also saw, sadly, AGAIN, an offense commanded by a future HOF'er, and NOT deterred by injuries (sorry, if you dress out and play, I don't want to hear whining about boo boos), going toes up in the 4th Qtr, save for the final 1:35. I saw more hed scratching plays being called. I saw ANOTHER double digit lead (Babe, this means at least 10 points) evaporate in the 4th Qtr. I saw another turnover deep in Patriot territory....

What game were you watching, that I obviously missed?

[/QUOTE]

Listened to the game on the radio during an extremely long drive back to ny. It seemed according to announcers that the play calling was the biggest deal, injuries happen but every week a different dback gets in trouble, one week mccourty,then Arrington then ... This defense needs to grow up fast and stop hesitating.  Would like to see Chung benched and have mccourty use his tackling skills as a safety.   Also would like a steady rotation of dowling and denard at corner back. Yesterday little to no running game with Ridley and vereen spending to much time on the  bench.  It's great to talk about a young team but at some point these kids need to play. So obviously was not watching the game but see different ways the pats struggled( personnel and lack of aggressiveness) thanks for jumping in love the different points of view as long polite points make sense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

@AZPAT, im not making excuses for brady....i know he hasnt been up to par late in games this season....but yesterday was a step in the right direction.