The problem was....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: The problem was....

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, other than this mickey mouse defense....

We knew going in we weren't going to overwhelm then through the air. Their pass D has been  good. But we should have been able to slam them with the run since they were near the bottom of the league in yards per carry given up. But that didn't happen. Again, the run was anemic forcing us to throw into a stiff pass D. Add in the usual factor of our D making crap QBs look like they are elite, and you get the nail biter we got.

Be grateful the O stepped up at the end to get us to overtime, get points in that and have the D play strong to end it. We got lucky despite not being able to do what we should have. Run.

I am astonished that we actually won after the MORON McCourty coughed up the ball on the late return. What an absolute idiot. I'm starting to think I would like it better if this guy was not on this team. (I don't care about his TD return. That was great, but his stupidity in fumbling the late return negates that and then some.)

[/QUOTE]

That 'moron' equalled the points of the offense in the first half with his run back. But hey when did things like facts ever bother you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

The problem IS and has been for the past 3+ years, a D that is giving up 24 points a game and almost 400 yards and who would actually be MUCH, MUCH worse if not for an O that is 1st in points, yards and 1st downs.

The Pats have tried to counter the poor defensive play this year by having more offensive balance and actually winning offensive TOP this year, 32/28 but the problem remains as the 28 minutes the D is on the field, they still suck and would suck even worse if they were losing ToP as they had been in the past with the quick strike O.

Also feel the Pats O is leaving points on the field in trying to acheive this balance. Too many 3rd and longs due to running unsucessfully on 1st and 2nd downs.

Gotta fix this D, period!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

@AZPAT, im not making excuses for brady....i know he hasnt been up to par late in games this season....but yesterday was a step in the right direction.

[/QUOTE]

How? Another 4th Qtr lead evaporated, Brady was on the field with no (zero, nada, ZILCH! offensive movement until the final 1:35). If any step was taken, it was a baby step..... if he/they could have moced the ball in the last 1:39 (FINALLY!!!!) of a game they shoiuld have won going away, then why couldn't he/they have done so for the entire game? 

Anyone, besides me, kind of think that the coaches would call plays (offensive and defensive) based on what the opposition is doing, especially "in game"? If that's true, then it's up to the players to execute the plays called. This falls on the players, especially teh pourous DB's a,d the inept, can't get out of their way, 4th qtr offense, led by mr Brady.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Once again the offense left too many points out on the field yesterday.  They should have had 3 more td's and were in position to do so, but they didn't.  While I thought the Pats would have huge numbers with the run game and then open up the pass game for big numbers, it didn't happen.  Props to the Jets D or blame the Pats Offense, whatever... the thing is the Pats got the win in a division game.  I'll take it. 

I think the team is still adjusting to the personnel mix on D while the Offense is adjusting with McDaniels coming back.  I'm banking on the Patriots finding and hitting their stride closer to playoff time which will carry them into the playoffs and SuperBowl much like the Giants have done twice.  Listen, the Giants haven't played great during the regular season over the years but hit their stride going into the playoffs and it's worked for them the two time they won the SuperBowl.  I can easily see the same happening with the Patriots this season.  I like this D more then last season, they have things to work on but not nearly as much as last season.  The offense will no doubt find their groove, there is still a lot of football to be played folks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Once again the offense left too many points out on the field yesterday.  They should have had 3 more td's and were in position to do so, but they didn't.  While I thought the Pats would have huge numbers with the run game and then open up the pass game for big numbers, it didn't happen.  Props to the Jets D or blame the Pats Offense, whatever... the thing is the Pats got the win in a division game.  I'll take it. 

I think the team is still adjusting to the personnel mix on D while the Offense is adjusting with McDaniels coming back.  I'm banking on the Patriots finding and hitting their stride closer to playoff time which will carry them into the playoffs and SuperBowl much like the Giants have done twice.  Listen, the Giants haven't played great during the regular season over the years but hit their stride going into the playoffs and it's worked for them the two time they won the SuperBowl.  I can easily see the same happening with the Patriots this season.  I like this D more then last season, they have things to work on but not nearly as much as last season.  The offense will no doubt find their groove, there is still a lot of football to be played folks.

[/QUOTE]

I remember when the NFL teams tried to emulate the Pats. Now, we're trying to emulate the Giants!  Dylan is right: The Times, They Are A Changin'!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

So who's to blame for the Pat's woes on defense and/or offense these past weeks.  IMO I'd blame the Pat's defense much more so than the offense.  In Brady and his current roster of receivers, we still have one of the most potent offense on the field in the NFL.  While the offense has had its ups and downs thus far this season, there is no doubt in my mind that week to week the opposing teams are more worried about the Pat's offense than the Pat's defense.  If this were the case, then the Pat's need to make some "major" adjustments to the defense, and not so much on on field defensive adjustments during the game.  What I'm getting at is with the current roster of defensive players the Pat's have, just maybe we need to re-think the 4-3/3-4 basic defensive alignment to something like a 4-2-2-3, with extra coverage at the safety position to "try" and take away the opponents completing more 20+ yard passes against the Pat's this season than any other NFL team.  The current 4-3 or 3-4 just is not getting the job down.  These is not pass rush for the very most part.  Opposing teams are making a joke out of the Pat's seconday defense by roaming at will anywhere on the field 20+ yards downfield.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The problem IS and has been for the past 3+ years, a D that is giving up 24 points a game and almost 400 yards and who would actually be MUCH, MUCH worse if not for an O that is 1st in points, yards and 1st downs.

The Pats have tried to counter the poor defensive play this year by having more offensive balance and actually winning offensive TOP this year, 32/28 but the problem remains as the 28 minutes the D is on the field, they still suck and would suck even worse if they were losing ToP as they had been in the past with the quick strike O.

Also feel the Pats O is leaving points on the field in trying to acheive this balance. Too many 3rd and longs due to running unsucessfully on 1st and 2nd downs.

[/QUOTE]

You know whats funny Pezz? Most games I am sitting and watching and the offense will run the ball and get one yard. Come back to Brady and he hits Wes for 8 yards then goes on to hit 2 more passes and then we run again...2 yards. then back to the pass.

If we committed to the  run, we would never score on good defenses. It is what it is. Brady gives us the best chance to move the ball. Does it also make it more risky, sure but running into the wall wont work either so to me, its easy. The D sux!! After Tom had a great drive that ended in a TD, we needed a stop! The D proceeded to let Sanchez run a 14 play, 92 yard drive that ended with a TD!! OUCH!!  wheres russ today...??

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Pats have tried to counter the poor defensive play this year by having more offensive balance and actually winning offensive TOP this year, 32/28 but the problem remains as the 28 minutes the D is on the field, they still suck and would suck even worse if they were losing ToP as they had been in the past with the quick strike O. TFB12 is correct. The offense is leaving too many points on the field.

[/QUOTE]

You know whats funny Pezz? Most games I am sitting and watching and the offense will run the ball and get one yard. Come back to Brady and he hits Wes for 8 yards then goes on to hit 2 more passes and then we run again...2 yards. then back to the pass.

If we committed to the  run, we would never score on good defenses. It is what it is. Brady gives us the best chance to move the ball. Does it also make it more risky, sure but running into the wall wont work either so to me, its easy. The D sux!! After Tom had a great drive that ended in a TD, we needed a stop! The D proceeded to let Sanchez run a 14 play, 92 yard drive that ended with a TD!! OUCH!!  wheres russ today...??

[/QUOTE]

You're running on the stupid assumption that all of Brady's passes are completions? Most of our third down plays were passing plays yet we were a pedesrtian 52% on third down. The offense scored a whopping 2 TDs yesterday. That's the defense's fault? Against Seattle the offense was 1 for 6 in the red zone. Is that the defense's fault too?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Did someone farrt? Sorry it's just the stink of a Jets troll.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey Babe question,

Yes McCourty should have protected the ball on the return but if he didn't score the TD where would we have been? Last time I checked you take away the 3 points for the fumble and add the 7 for the TD that's still a +4 so maybe you should care about the TD since we only won by a FG.

Both sides of the ball stunk today. The O was 1 for 5 in the first half 3 for 9 total with 17 points in 4q's which is well below their average even facing elite D's. No I'm not trying to blame this on the O just pointing out that nether side had a strong day. All in all this was one of the worst all around games they've had this year

Saying be grateful the O stepping up is like saying be grateful the D stepped it up in the 1st half allowing a net of 8 points (10 given up minus a safety)

[/QUOTE]

I think I was quite clear the O failed to exploit a poor jets' run defense. I would call that stinking.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Typical Babe, blame the defense, glorify the offense. -_-

[/QUOTE]

You think noting the O's complete failure in exploiting a poor jets' run defense is glorifying them?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Once again Babe tries to hang it on everyone but Brady. I wonder what the Baby excuse would have been had Cromartie not dropped that sure INT thrown by Brady.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've never been one to question the game plan going into a game but this one sure left me scratching my head.  The way the Pats use their RBs drives me nuts. 

That defense was on the field a lot.  I was surprised to see them have something left in the tank in OT.

The good news is both sides of the ball responded when it counted.  The drive by the offense and a big play by the defense to end the game.   Who would have thought after watching the first 4 quarters? 

[/QUOTE]

Well, when you fail to exploit the clear deficiency in the jets' run defense you are apt to see drives falter and be taken off the field in short order too many times.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When the interior of your offensive line is missing it makes it harder to run.  People like to complain about Mankins, but he and Connolly probably would have made a difference in the run game.

[/QUOTE]

Could very well be. The O-line play was a big part of the running game fail I suspect. Though Vereen managed to perform with the same line.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey gang- Hey I watched the game right along with everybody else yesterday. Your offense just stinks. How many 3 and outs yesterday???

The Brady Apologists don't have a leg to stand on today.

Hey Brady is getting old. He looked it yesterday and against the Seahawks

[/QUOTE]

Right clueless troll. Wouldn't the jets love to have an old man that throws  up a 95 and 2 TDs against a team playing in their SB that is completely stymieing the run game. You're about as bright as Rusty. LMAO

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You're running on the stupid assumption that all of Brady's passes are completions? Most of our third down plays were passing plays yet we were a pedesrtian 52% on third down. The offense scored a whopping 2 TDs yesterday. That's the defense's fault? Against Seattle the offense was 1 for 6 in the red zone. Is that the defense's fault too?

[/QUOTE]

Yes converting over 50% of your third downs is pedestrian.  That was the least of our problems on offense yesterday.  You have just as much of an agenda against the offense as the people you criticize for ripping the D.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

jr- Didn't we name you the Chairman of the Board of the Brady "apologists" movement?! Well congrats -You are doing a great job because once again nobody wants to blame Brady for anything......for now.

But I will be here when it starts and will start that new thread titled-"I told you so"LOL the pats and 3 and out Brady looked just horrible yesterday and you know it

[/QUOTE]

Learn the game fool.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to tg19pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lots of little things BUT the pats won.  Each week we seem to have different issues. I would love to see the debacles straighten themselves out but believe the rest of the team can and will win. 

[/QUOTE]

Every week it's the same issues. Terrible defense and a jeckyl/hyde running game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We knew going in we weren't going to overwhelm then through the air. Their pass D has been  good. But we should have been able to slam them with the run since they were near the bottom of the league in yards per carry given up. But that didn't happen. Again, the run was anemic forcing us to throw into a stiff pass D. Add in the usual factor of our D making crap QBs look like they are elite, and you get the nail biter we got.

Be grateful the O stepped up at the end to get us to overtime, get points in that and have the D play strong to end it. We got lucky despite not being able to do what we should have. Run.

I am astonished that we actually won after the MORON McCourty coughed up the ball on the late return. What an absolute idiot. I'm starting to think I would like it better if this guy was not on this team. (I don't care about his TD return. That was great, but his stupidity in fumbling the late return negates that and then some.)

[/QUOTE]

Sorry I missed this opportunity the furwt time around, regarding:

To sum it up, it was, overall, a Disney Production yesterday at The Razor....  Mickey Mouse defense, and an offense run by Goofy and the Seven Dwarfs. They bit the apople of success and fell asleep like Sleeping Beauty in for the 4th Qtr, only to be awoken by Goofy (it was about time!).   

[/QUOTE]

Goofy had a 95 passer rating with 2 TDs and no picks. Every team in the NFL would take that goofy performance level.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Once again Babe tries to hang it on everyone but Brady. I wonder what the Baby excuse would have been had Cromartie not dropped that sure INT thrown by Brady.

[/QUOTE]

How daft are you? Brady put up a 95 with 2 TDs and no picks. Learn the game Rusty.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It's the same old goofy take by the same old goofy fans here. Blame Brady because he can't always carry a terrible defense and an ineffective running game on his back to a blowout.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

babe- Nobody can ever say anything negative to you about your aging QB without you get your panties in a wad. he stunk yesterday,he really did. The pats were lucky to win.take off the rose colored glasses,the brady jersey,the face paint,the brady sweat bottoms,the pats hat and open your eyes.

Wake Up- The pats had a nice run. As tainted*** as it was a nice run none the less.Brady is getting old and its glaringly obvious to everybody but you I guess. HOMER!

[/QUOTE]

Check in with your fellow troll Rusty/Bunker on this. I'm sure he will agree.

Brady had a 95 with 2 TDs no picks. Stick it in your craw trollboy.