The Problem

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

The Problem

It's becoming evident that this team's defense lacks the level of confidence necessary to compete for a championship.  A non-existant pass rush is the cause of the Patriot's woes.  In years past, this team was able to hide their questionable secondary, behind one of the best defensive lines, coupled with superb veteran linebackers.  The departure of Richard Seymour, and several other All-Pro caliber veterans... including Ted Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, and Mike Vrabel, has left a depleated defense all around.  This defense lacks cohesion, leadership, and confidence. 

Running the ball against New England is no longer necessary.  It is just too easy to pass against them.  Since Shawn Springs has been hurt, they have not had anything close to a lockdown corner, for man-to-man coverage.  The inexperience of the secondary has made the nickel and dime packages useless.  Blitzing has resulted in huge gains, due to blown adjustments, and poor tackling.

If Belichick is the genious we believe him to be, then maybe he'll figure something out fast, but with our secondary playing on their heels, I doubt it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Re: The Problem

It funny how prior to the start of the season so many posters were so high on TCB, Woods and Crabel. 

I wish I could bring back some of my old post (before the last time I was booted) where I was getting shredded for calling these guys garbage.  Oh well, no need for a told you so to the board since it won't help us win any games and that's what's important. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to The Problem:
    [QUOTE]It's becoming evident that this team's defense lacks the level of confidence necessary to compete for a championship.  A non-existant pass rush is the cause of the Patriot's woes.  In years past, this team was able to hide their questionable secondary, behind one of the best defensive lines, coupled with superb veteran linebackers.  The departure of Richard Seymour, and several other All-Pro caliber veterans... including Ted Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, and Mike Vrabel, has left a depleated defense all around.  This defense lacks cohesion, leadership, and confidence.  Running the ball against New England is no longer necessary.  It is just too easy to pass against them.  Since Shawn Springs has been hurt, they have not had anything close to a lockdown corner, for man-to-man coverage.  The inexperience of the secondary has made the nickel and dime packages useless.  Blitzing has resulted in huge gains, due to blown adjustments, and poor tackling. If Belichick is the genious we believe him to be, then maybe he'll figure something out fast, but with our secondary playing on their heels, I doubt it.
    Posted by jmmyslinski[/QUOTE]

Right now I'd say this defense lacks everything including nuts. I love DB's that play 8-10 yards off WR's when the other team is inside our 20 and ready to score.
    And yes, we're back to getting no pressure even when we blitz 2 or 3 guys on a play. Changes are coming in the offseason. This bugs BB more than it bugs us.

K-Max, I wasn't on this board early on in the year but I had the same problem getting into with people about the state of our defense. LB's in Particular after we traded Vrabel. I liked Mayo and nothing else. Tully should be in on passing situations only and Woods and Crabel don't belong in the league. I can't figure out what the fascination with Pierre Woods was. I think he looks good getting off the bus and that's about it. You got kicked off this board for ripping the Pats?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

I was actually happy when we signed TBC I thought he would be great in OLBer rotation and a good special teamer. What I didn't realize was that he was going to become the best pass rusher this team has. I remember Killa starting thread asking who do we keep who do we cut and I said I would cut Woods. What has he ever done? Crable has never seen the field and needs to to heal-up or move on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

I still don't see how you can question the defense. This is the defense BB put together by jettisoning verterans and high priced talent. I think they have done a fine job of allowing Brady to have a chance to win every game except one(New Orleans). Brady and all the high priced talent on the Offense are failing time and tima again!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: The Problem:
    [QUOTE]I was actually happy when we signed TBC I thought he would be great in OLBer rotation and a good special teamer. What I didn't realize was that he was going to become the best pass rusher this team has. I remember Killa starting thread asking who do we keep who do we cut and I said I would cut Woods. What has he ever done? Crable has never seen the field and needs to to heal-up or move on.
    Posted by harleyroadking103[/QUOTE]

I like Tully as a pass rusher but he seems to get pushed around in the running game. I will say this, as a pass rusher I never expected him to be this effective. After he died out in San Fran I figured he'd come back here and do nothing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

"You got kicked off this board for ripping the Pats?"

No - other posters.  There are a few out there especially on the Sox board that throw sucker punches and the MODS always boot the the guy who retaliates.  That's why I'm trying really hard to watch what I say.

By the way e is Stewie tripping?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]"You got kicked off this board for ripping the Pats?" No - other posters.  There are a few out there especially on the Sox board that throw sucker punches and the MODS always boot the the guy who retaliates.  That's why I'm trying really hard to watch what I say. By the way e is Stewie tripping?
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Yeah... That's a classic.. He's done a lot for a 2 year old.
    That's Stewie at a dead concert.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]"You got kicked off this board for ripping the Pats?" No - other posters.  There are a few out there especially on the Sox board that throw sucker punches and the MODS always boot the the guy who retaliates.  That's why I'm trying really hard to watch what I say. By the way e is Stewie tripping?
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

I *hate* the Sox boards.  What a terrible place entirely populated by trolls.

They'll rip you no matter what you say.

There could be a board called: What shape is the baseball

I could say: It's round

They'd say: you're an idiot - you don't get it.  Due to irregularities in the leather and the cork, it's actually a tetrahedron.

F*ck them.  I've disowned Red Sox nation from the minute I fell asleep at a game this August because it was too boring to watch.  Seats behind home plate with Brad Penny on the mound.  Literally nothing happened for 3 1/2 solid innings.

I'll stick to football.

Sections
Shortcuts